If you love Disney, make these Mickey Spider Brownies. They are chocolate-covered brownies in the shape of Mickey Mouse with a spooky spider decoration on top. This brownie recipe is a fun way to celebrate Halloween.
These Mickey Spider Brownies are perfect for kid’s snacks and serving at a Halloween party.
Kids and adults will love these delicious brownies with the spider decoration.
This no-bake Halloween snack is easy to whip together.
You only need some store-bought brownies and a Mickey Mouse cookie cutter and a few other ingredients.
Your kids can help with each step of making these spider brownies.
In about 2 hours, you’ll have brownies in the shape of Mickey Mouse with a spooky spider ready to enjoy!
HOW TO MAKE MICKEY SPIDER BROWNIES
Brownies are cut into the shape of Mickey Mouse and dipped into melted milk chocolate and then decorated with icing to look like a spider’s web for a delicious Halloween snack the whole family will enjoy!
Are you ready to get started?
You’ll find the specific ingredient amounts and detailed instructions in the printable recipe at the bottom of this post.
KITCHEN TOOLS YOU MAY NEED
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Kelly’s Thoughts On Things may make a small commission at no additional cost to you. We only recommend items we use and love.
- Measuring Spoons – I LOVE my set of these!
- Microwave-safe bowl
- Cookie Sheet
- Wire rack
- 1 4-in Mickey Mouse Shaped cookie cutter
- Disposable piping bags
- Number 3 tip
MICKEY SPIDER BROWNIES INGREDIENTS
This fun and easy no-bake Mickey Spider Brownies recipe uses everyday kitchen staples to create a delicious dessert or snack your family will love. You can easily find all of these ingredients at your local grocery store. All you need is:
- some Pillsbury Chocolate Chunk Brownie
- a few Ghirardelli melting milk chocolate wafers
- white cake frosting tube
- black cake frosting tube
MICKEY SPIDER BROWNIES RECIPE INSTRUCTIONS
Using the two piping bags, scoop the white cake frosting into one and the black cake frosting into the second and set aside.
Using the cookie cutter, cut out 20 Mickey Mouse brownies.
Place the brownies onto the wire rack. Using a large bowl, melt the chocolate in the microwave for 45-second increments, mixing after each time until the chocolate has completely melted.
Carefully pour the chocolate over the mickey brownies to completely cover them.
Gently tap the wire rack onto the cookie sheet to allow the extra chocolate to drip off the brownies.
Allow the chocolate to harden before removing the brownies.
Using the white frosting, pipe a spider web in the bottom corner of the brownie.
Using the black frosting, pipe a medium-size dollop for the spider’s body than a small dollop for the spider’s head.
Pipe spider legs on the sides of the body.
Allow the frosting to harden for an hour before enjoying.
In about 2 hours, you’ll have a spooky brownie that’s sure to become a new favorite every Halloween!
MICKEY SPIDER BROWNIES TIPS AND QUESTIONS
If you’ve never made Halloween-inspired brownies, don’t worry! Below are some common questions and helpful tips. Hopefully, this will answer any questions you may have. If not, feel free to ask in the comments and I’ll answer the best I can.
HOW LONG DOES IT REALLY TAKE TO MAKE MICKEY SPIDER BROWNIES?
This Mickey Spider Brownies recipe takes approximately 2 hours and 10 minutes. TOTAL. This includes:
- About 5 minutes to prep the icing
- Close to 20 minutes to cut out the brownies
- Around 20 minutes to melt the chocolate and dip the brownies in it
- 15 minutes for the chocolate to harden
- 70 minutes to decorate the brownies and allow the icing to harden
HOW DO I STORE MICKEY SPIDER BROWNIES?
You can store Mickey Spider Brownies in an airtight container in a cool place for up to 3 days or in your freezer for up to 3 months.
Simply unthaw the brownies at room temperature.
CAN I USE ANY CHOCOLATE MELTING WAFERS?
You can use any chocolate melting wafers to make this brownie recipe.
I used Ghirardelli milk chocolate wafers but you can use another brand. You can also use dark chocolate.
CAN I MAKE MICKEY SPIDER BROWNIES AHEAD OF TIME?
Yes, you can easily make Mickey Spider Brownies ahead of time.
Simply keep them stored in an airtight container or in your freezer.
CAN I USE ANY COOKIE CUTTER SHAPE TO MAKE THIS BROWNIE RECIPE?
You can use any cookie cutter shape to make this brownie recipe.
If you want it to have a Disney shape then it would be best to use a Mickey Mouse cookie cutter.
You can also use a circle shape or just cut the brownies into squares.
WHAT GOES WELL WITH MICKEY SPIDER BROWNIES?
Mickey Spider Brownies go well with a wide variety of Halloween snacks. These recipes would be great to serve together at a Halloween party.
Some of my personal favorites include:
- Witches’ Hat Cookies
- Bloody Halloween Cocktail
- Witches’ Brew Popcorn
- Halloween Snack Mix
- Silly Monster Pretzels
CAN I USE HOMEMADE BROWNIES INSTEAD OF PILLSBURY PRE-MADE BROWNIES?
Yes, you can use homemade brownies in this recipe instead of store-bought brownies. The steps will be pretty much the same.
Using pre-made brownies saves a ton of time. If you have an amazing homemade brownie recipe use it.
WHAT ELSE CAN I ADD TO THIS MICKEY SPIDER BROWNIES RECIPE?
This spooky Disney-inspired Halloween brownie recipe not only tastes great, but it’s also incredibly versatile.
Try adding some insect gummy candies to look like they got stuck in the spider’s web.
Place some frosting on the gummy and then stick it to the brownie. YUM!
MICKEY SPIDER BROWNIES RECIPE
- 1 package already made Pillsbury Chocolate Chunk Brownie ( Found at Sam's Club)
- 1 - 30oz bag of Ghirardelli melting milk chocolate wafers
- 2 medium disposable piping bags fitted with number 3 tip
- 1 white cake frosting tube
- 1 black cake frosting tube
- 1 cookie sheet with wire rack over it
- 1 4 in Mickey Mouse Shaped cookie cutter
- Using the two piping bags, scoop the white cake frosting into one and the black cake frosting into the second
- Using the cookie cutter, cut out 20 Mickey Mouse brownies
- Place the brownies onto the wire rack
- Using a large bowl, melt the chocolate in the microwave for 45-second increments, mixing after each time, until the chocolate, has completely melted
- Carefully pour the chocolate over the mickey brownies to completely cover them
- Gently tap the wire rack onto the cookie sheet to allow the extra chocolate to drip off the brownies
- Allow the chocolate to harden before removing the brownies
- Using the white frosting, pipe a spider web in the bottom corner of the brownie
- Using the black frosting, pipe a medium-size dollop for the spider's body than a small dollop for the spiders head
- Pipe spider legs on the sides of the body
- Allow the frosting to harden for an hour before enjoying
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 275Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 40mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 3gSugar: 23gProtein: 3g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.
I hope you enjoy this fun Halloween brownies recipe as much as my family does!
If you get a chance to try it, let us know! Leave us a comment below, or share it with a picture on Instagram or Facebook! Don’t forget to tag us @kelly_reci_ and use the hashtag #Kellysthoughtsonthings so we can see what amazing meals you are cooking up!