Watch some spooky movies this Halloween with a big bowl of Witches Brew Popcorn.
Popcorn that is drizzled with yummy melted black and purple chocolate and then decorated with candies like candy eyes, M&M’s, and sprinkles.
This family-friendly Halloween snack is extremely easy to make and is budget friendly.
Everyone loves popcorn and chocolate! This is the perfect sweet and salty snack this fall.
This Witches Brew Popcorn can be made in 25 minutes or less.
Just think of how enjoyable it will be watching spooky movies with buttery popcorn, covered in chocolate with M&M’s to enjoy!
HOW TO MAKE WITCHES BREW POPCORN
Popcorn is covered in black and purple melted chocolate and then sprinkled with candy eyes, M&M’s and colorful sprinkles for a spooky snack the whole family will enjoy!
Are you ready to get started?
You’ll find the specific ingredient amounts and detailed instructions in the printable recipe at the bottom of this post.
KITCHEN TOOLS YOU MAY NEED
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Kelly’s Thoughts On Things may make a small commission at no additional cost to you. We only recommend items we use and love.
WITCHES BREW POPCORN INGREDIENTS
These quick and easy Witches Brew Popcorn recipe uses everyday kitchen staples to create a yummy snack your family will love. You can get all of the ingredients or cooking supplies you need at Target!
All you need is:
- black chocolate candy melts
- purple candy melts
- peanut m&m’s
- plain m&m’s
- candy eyes
WITCHES BREW POPCORN RECIPE INSTRUCTIONS
First, pop the popcorn. Pour the popcorn onto the prepared baking sheet in a single layer.
Next, melt the black and purple chocolate.
With a fork, dip it into the black melted chocolate and with a loose wrist go back and forth with the chocolate, spreading the chocolate over the popcorn lightly.
Repeat with the purple melted chocolate.
Quickly sprinkle the candy and sprinkles over the popcorn.
Allow the popcorn to cool before serving.
In about 25 minutes, you’ll have a spooky snack that’s sure to become a new favorite!
WITCHES BREW POPCORN TIPS AND QUESTIONS
If you’ve never made Witches Brew Popcorn, don’t worry!
Below are some common questions and helpful tips.
Hopefully, this will answer any questions you may have.
If not, feel free to ask in the comments and I’ll answer the best I can.
HOW LONG DOES IT REALLY TAKE TO MAKE WITCHES BREW POPCORN?
This Witches Brew Popcorn recipe takes approximately 25 minutes. TOTAL.
- About 9 minutes to pop the popcorn
- Close to 7 minutes to melt the chocolate and drizzle it over the popcorn
- Around 4 minutes to decorate the popcorn with sprinkles and candy eyes
- About 5 minutes to cool the popcorn and allow the chocolate to harden
HOW CAN I STORE LEFTOVER POPCORN?
You can easily store leftover popcorn in an airtight container stored in a cool area for up to 3 days.
WHAT GOES WELL WITH WITCHES BREW POPCORN?
Witches Brew Popcorn goes well with a wide variety of fall snacks.
Some of my personal favorites include:
- Carved Pumpkin Bark
- Pumpkin Pie Milkshake
- Silly Monster Pretzels
- Oreo Mummy Treats
- Glowing Eyeball Cupcakes
WHAT ELSE CAN I ADD TO THIS POPCORN RECIPE?
This Popcorn recipe not only tastes great, but it’s also incredibly versatile.
Try adding chocolate pumpkins. YUM!
WITCHES BREW POPCORN RECIPE
WITCHES BREW POPCORN
- 8 cups popcorn or 1 ½ 3.3 oz bag microwave popcorn
- 6 ounces black chocolate candy melts
- 6 ounces purple candy melts
- 1/2 cup Peanut M&M’s
- ½ Plain M&M’s
- Colored sprinkles - I used a combination of black jimmies purple jimmies and purple sugar pearls.
- Candy Eyes – Blood Shot
- Pop the popcorn
- Pour the popcorn onto the prepared baking sheet in a single layer.
- Melt the black and purple Chocolate. I use a melting pot, but you can also melt it in the microwave or stovetop.
- With a Fork, dip it into the black melted chocolate and with a loose wrist go back and forth with the chocolate, spreading over lightly. When done do the same with the purple melted chocolate.
- Quickly sprinkle the candy and sprinkles over the popcorn.
- Allow the popcorn to cool before serving.
I hope you enjoy this Halloween popcorn recipe as much as my family does!
If you get a chance to try it, let us know! Leave us a comment below, or share it with a picture on Instagram or Facebook! Don’t forget to tag us @kelly_reci_ and use the hashtag #Kellysthoughtsonthings so we can see what amazing meals you are cooking up!
Do you need more inspiration and delicious recipes? Then head on over to Sweet and Savory Morsels.