Add a little romance on Valentine’s Day with these Valentine’s Day Hot Cocoa Bomb Cups. Milk Chocolate cups are filled with hot cocoa mix, along with red and pink hearts for a special Valentine’s Day treat.
These Valentine's Day Hot Cocoa Cups are for a tasty treat that's sure to be your sweetheart's favorite.
Make these hot cocoa cups in no time and then enjoy drinking with your loved ones.
These warm cups are a yummy treat for lovers and friends alike. Made with milk chocolate, these hot cocoa cups make delightful Valentine’s Day treats.
Give each of your friends and family members a hand-delivered cup of hot cocoa to show them how much you love them.
Get creative with toppings like mini marshmallows, candy hearts, and more.
A homemade way to make a Valentine’s Day special!
Why You’ll Love These Valentine’s Day Hot Cocoa Bomb Cups
- With a hot cup of cocoa, every Valentine’s Day is sweet! These festive mugs feature a heartwarming sentiment, sure to make you and yours smile.
- A fun and easy new way to have and share hot cocoa on Valentine’s Day.
- They are easy to make and fun to give to that special someone.
- Not only are they cute and easy to make, but they are also perfect for those last-minute surprise gifts.
You can find the full recipe with ingredients and instructions in the printable card below.
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Kelly’s Thoughts On Things may make a small commission at no additional cost to you. We only recommend items we use and love.
Equipment Needed to Make Valentine’s Day Hot Cocoa Bomb Cups
- Pink and White Striped Paper Straws
- Extra Large Mugs
- Paper Cups
- Parchment Paper
Ingredients for Your Valentine’s Day Hot Cocoa Bomb Cups
- Chocolate Almond Bark – Melted
- Hot Cocoa Mix
- Mini Marshmallows
- Pink Sugar Sprinkles
- Red Candy Hearts
How To Make A Luscious Valentine’s Day Hot Cocoa Cups
Step 1: Prep the Cup
Cut the paper cups down the seam, until you reach the bottom of the cup.
Do not cut the bottom of the cup.
Take a piece of scotch tape and tape the cup together on the outside of the cup, where you just cut the seam.
Step 2: Melt and Fill
Place the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl, and microwave until the chocolate is melted.
Spoon the chocolate into the bottom and sides of the paper cup, by dripping it around the sides and bottom, and smooth it over with a spoon.
Place the cups upside down on parchment paper, and allow to sit for 30 minutes, while the chocolate sets or firms up.
Add another layer of chocolate and leave the cups for a few minutes until the chocolate begins to dry, then place in the refrigerator until firm for about 30 minutes.
When the chocolate is set, remove the tape from the side of the cup.
Gently remove the paper cup from the chocolate and leave the chocolate cups on the parchment paper.
Step 3: Prep the Tops
Cut off the top portion of 6 new paper cups, about an inch from the top.
Cut them to make a circle and this will form the tops of your chocolate cups.
Place tops of cups on the parchment paper, and spoon melted chocolate into the circles until full.
Cut three straws in half, place them in the melted chocolate circles, and leave them to dry in the chocolate for about 15 minutes.
Let sit for 30 more minutes, and then remove the paper cup circles from the chocolate, with the straw dried in place.
Step 4: Fill it with Cocoa
Fill each chocolate cup with the cocoa and dip the bottom of the chocolate top in melted chocolate to seal the lid onto the chocolate cup.
Dip mini marshmallows into the melted chocolate until you've filled the top of the chocolate cup lid or top.
Drizzle melted chocolate on top and sprinkle with sugar sprinkles.
Dip a red candy heart in melted chocolate and stick it on the front of each chocolate cup.
Step 5: Serve and Enjoy
In an extra-large mug, heat one cup of milk in the mug, until steaming hot, and place the chocolate cup in the hot milk.
The hot cocoa cup will melt in the mug.
Serve, and enjoy!
This makes 6 Extra Large Mugs of Hot Cocoa Cups.
What to Serve with Your Valentine’s Day Hot Cocoa Bomb Cups
Our Valentine's Day Hot Cocoa Bomb Cups are great for any pastry or savory dish.
The sweetness of these bomb cups as they have been combined with hot milk is a great complement to balance out the savory dish.
These are the ideal dessert because they are sweet.
These hot cocoa bomb cups are a sure win for people with a sweet craving, and they're perfect for the holidays and chilly weather.
These hot cocoa cups are ideal for a sweet treat to start or end your Valentine's Day celebrations.
Popular Substitutions & Additions
Other varieties of wafers, especially those with nuts or even almond bark, can be used to make these hot cocoa cups.
You can also use a store-bought mold to make the cup.
You can even change up the flavor by adding flavors like coffee, peppermint, or even pumpkin spice.
How Store Luscious Valentine’s Day Hot Cocoa Bomb Cups
Best Way To Store Valentine’s Day Hot Cocoa Cups Leftover
Bag the hot cocoa cups individually or divide them into mini muffin pans.
They are more likely to stick together if they are all in the same bag.
How Long Will Luscious Valentine’s Day Hot Cocoa Bomb Cups Last In the Fridge?
Hot cocoa cups with a hot cocoa mix can be stored at room temperature for up to two months.
Can I Freeze Valentine’s Day Hot Cocoa Bomb Cups
Hot cocoa cups can be frozen, but they must be properly packed and preserved.
Wrap them in two layers of plastic wrap and foil before placing them in a freezer-safe glass jar.
If you store them this way, they'll last around 6 months.
Is 1 teaspoon of hot cocoa mix enough?
No, most hot chocolate mixes recommend using roughly 2 teaspoons of the hot chocolate mix to make a cup of hot chocolate.
The extra chocolate created as the hot cocoa cups melt compensates for the absence of hot chocolate mix, even though it is less than the suggested amount.
If you think the drink needs more mix after the cocoa cups have melted, go ahead, and add more in.)
Is it possible to use these without the milk?
Yes, you may use hot water with Valentine’s Day Hot Cocoa Cups.
The resulting product will lack the richness and creaminess of one made with milk.
Can I fix the cracks when unmolding?
Yes, if only the top of it breaks, it may be hidden by smoothing it out with additional melted chocolate and topping it with marshmallows.
Is it necessary to keep hot cocoa cups chilled?
No, a hot cocoa cup does not need to be refrigerated because it is at room temperature.
You can, however, freeze it to extend its shelf life.
Can I make hot cocoa cups ahead of time?
Yes, you can make bomb cups up to two months ahead of time.
Simply keep them in an airtight jar at room temperature.
Other Hot Cocoa Bomb Recipes You’ll Love
Aside from Valentine’s Day Hot Cocoa Cups, you may try these fun and exciting recipes below:
Luscious Valentine’s Day Hot Cocoa Bomb Cups Recipe
- 2 Cups of Chocolate Almond Bark - melted
- 3 envelopes of Hot Cocoa Mix
- 1 cup of Mini Marshmallows
- 12 Three ounce Paper Cups - Se Link
- Pink Sugar Sprinkles
- Red Candy Hearts - See Link
- 3 Pink and White Striped Paper Straws
- 6 Extra Large Mugs
- Cut the Paper Cups down the seam, until you reach the bottom of the cup - do not cut the bottom of the cup.
- Take a piece of Scotch Tape and tape the cup together on the outside of the cup, where you just cut the seam.
- Place the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl, and microwave until the chocolate is melted.
- Spoon the Chocolate into the bottom and sides of the paper cup, by dripping it around the sides and bottom, and smoothing with the spoon.
- Place the cups upside down on Parchment Paper, and allow to sit for 30 minutes, while the Chocolate sets/firms up.
- Add another layer of Chocolate, and leave the cups for a few minutes until the Chocolate begins to dry, then place in the refrigerator until firm, about 30 minutes.
- When the chocolate is set, remove the tape from the side of the Cup, gently remove the paper cup from the Chocolate, and leave the Chocolate Cups on the Parchment Paper.
- Cut off the top portion of 6 new Paper Cups, about an inch from the top; cut them to make a circle, and this will form the tops to your Chocolate Cups.
- Place tops of Cups of Parchment Paper, and spoon melted Chocolate into the circles until full.
- Cut three Straws in half, place them in the Melted Chocolate Circles, and leave them to dry in the Chocolate, for about 15 minutes.
- Let sit for 30 more minutes, and then remove the Paper Cup circles from the Chocolate, with the Straw dried in place.
- Fill each Chocolate Cup with the Cocoa, and dip the bottom of the Chocolate Top in melted Chocolate to seal the lid onto the Chocolate Cup.
- Dip Mini Marshmallows into the Melted Chocolate until you've filled the top of the Chocolate Cup lid or top with chocolate-dipped Marshmallows.
- Drizzle melted chocolate on top and sprinkle with Sugar Sprinkles.
- Dip a Red Candy Heart in melted Chocolate and stick it on the front of each Chocolate Cup.
- In an Extra large Mug, heat one cup of milk in the mug, until steaming hot, and place the Chocolate Cup in the hot Milk.
- Hot Cocoa Cup will melt in the Mug. Serve, and Enjoy!
- Makes 6 Extra Large Mugs of Hot Cocoa Cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 426Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 84mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 9gSugar: 18gProtein: 11g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.
Do not forget to come back and let me know your thoughts and experience on how your Luscious Valentine’s Day Hot Cocoa Bomb Cups turned out!
If you get a chance to use this recipe, let me know! Leave me a comment below, or share it with a picture on Instagram or Facebook! Don’t forget to tag me @kelly_reci_ and use the hashtag #kellysthoughtsonthings so I can see how you are using it!