Make your hot chocolate taste like sugar cookies by using these Sugar Cookie Hot Cocoa Bombs. White chocolate cocoa bombs are filled with sugar cookie Hershey Kisses and decorated with colorful sprinkles for a sugar cookie-inspired cocoa bomb that everyone will love.
These Sugar Cookie Hot Cocoa Bombs are great any time of the year. Especially enjoy this hot cocoa drink in the evenings throughout the fall and winter.
Invite a friend over and enjoy sipping hot chocolate made with these beautiful cookie-flavored chocolate bombs.
These cute cocoa bombs are easy to make! You simply fill a mold with melted white chocolate and let the chocolate harden and fill it with treats like sugar cookie Hersey Kisses and marshmallows.
In about 1 hour, you’ll have white chocolate hot cocoa bombs that taste like sugar cookies ready to enjoy!
HOW TO MAKE SUGAR COOKIE HOT COCOA BOMBS
White chocolate balls are made and filled with hot cocoa mix, Sugar cookie Hersey Kisses, and marshmallows for a delicious cookie flavored hot drink you will enjoy!
Are you ready to get started?
You’ll find the specific ingredient amounts and detailed instructions in the printable recipe at the bottom of this post.
KITCHEN TOOLS YOU MAY NEED
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Kelly’s Thoughts On Things may make a small commission at no additional cost to you. We only recommend items we use and love.
- Measuring Spoons – I LOVE my set of these!
- Silicone Molds
- Cookie Sheet
- Microwave-Safe Bowls
- Nonstick Skillet
- Pastry Bags
SUGAR COOKIE HOT COCOA BOMB INGREDIENTS
This fun Sugar Cookie Hot Cocoa recipe uses easy-to-find ingredients to create a delicious drink you will love.
You can find all of these ingredients at your local grocery store and through online stores like Amazon.
All you need is:
- white chocolate
- hot cocoa mix
- sugar cookie Hershey Kisses
- some mini marshmallows
- hot water or milk
SUGAR COOKIE HOT COCOA BOMB RECIPE INSTRUCTIONS
Begin by placing the white chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl, and melt in the microwave in 30-second increments, stirring each time, until smooth and creamy.
Place your chocolate in a pastry bag, clip the end off, and pipe the chocolate into your molds.
Take the back of a spoon and smooth the chocolate in the molds until the inside of the mold is covered.
Place molds in the fridge and let them set for 30 minutes.
When the chocolate is set, remove the chocolate half balls from your molds and set 6 in a row.
Place an unwrapped sugar cookie kiss in the bottom of each chocolate cup, some cocoa mix, and mini marshmallows.
Heat a small skillet and remove from heat, place the edges of an empty chocolate half ball on the hot surface of the skillet, then place the melted edges on top of a chocolate cup that has been filled with cocoa mix.
Let the two cup edges melt together and set aside.
Assemble the remaining chocolate cups.
Decorate the cocoa bombs by using the remaining chocolate in the pastry bag and drizzling over the top of the chocolate bombs.
Sprinkle with sprinkles and let stand for 10 minutes and serve.
To serve, place a chocolate bomb in a mug and pour hot water or milk over it.
In about an hour, you’ll have a beautiful sugar cookie-inspired hot cocoa bomb that’s sure to become a new favorite!
SUGAR COOKIE HOT COCOA BOMBS TIPS AND QUESTIONS
If you’ve never made a hot cocoa bomb using white chocolate, don’t worry! Below are some common questions and helpful tips.
Hopefully, this will answer any questions you may have.
If not, feel free to ask in the comments and I’ll answer the best I can.
HOW LONG DOES IT REALLY TAKE TO MAKE SUGAR COOKIE HOT COCOA BOMBS?
This Sugar Cookie Hot Cocoa Bomb recipe takes approximately 60 minutes. TOTAL.
- About 5 minutes of prep time
- Close to 5 minutes to melt the white chocolate, and pipe the chocolate into the molds
- Around 30 minutes for the chocolate balls to harden
- 10 minutes to melt the edges of the chocolate balls, fill with goodies, and seal them together
- 10 minutes to drizzle with chocolate and set
HOW DO I STORE HOT COCOA BOMBS?
You can store Sugar Cookie Hot Cocoa Bombs in an airtight container in your refrigerator or freezer for up to 3 months.
To use, drop into a mug and then pour hot milk over it.
CAN I MAKE SUGAR COOKIE HOT COCOA BOMBS AHEAD OF TIME?
Yes, you can easily make Hot Cocoa Bombs the day before serving.
Simply store them in an airtight container in your refrigerator or freezer.
When ready to use just drop the Hot Cocoa Bomb in your hot milk.
WHAT GOES WELL WITH HOT COCOA BOMBS?
Sugar Cookie Hot Cocoa Bombs go well with a wide variety of snacks. These recipes would be great to serve together.
Some of my personal favorites include:
- The Best Mind-Blowing Chicken Francese
- Conversation Hearts Sugar Cookies
- Quick Dipped Strawberries
- Chocolate Lasagna
- Rainbow Ice Cream
CAN I USE HOMEMADE HOT COCOA MIX INSTEAD OF STORE-BOUGHT HOT COCOA MIX?
Yes, you can use homemade hot cocoa mix in this recipe instead of store-bought hot cocoa mix.
The steps will be pretty much the same. Using pre-made hot cocoa saves a ton of time.
If you have an amazing homemade hot cocoa mix recipe use it.
WHAT ELSE CAN I ADD TO THIS SUGAR COOKIE HOT COCOA BOMB RECIPE?
This beautiful Sugar Cookie Hot Cocoa Bomb recipe not only tastes great, but it’s also incredibly versatile.
Try topping your hot chocolate with whipped cream and sprinkling sprinkles on it. YUM!
SUGAR COOKIE HOT COCOA BOMB RECIPE
- 12 oz. of white chocolate - chips or almond bark
- 2 packets of hot cocoa mix
- 1 package sugar cookie Hershey kisses
- 1 cup of mini marshmallows
- 6 cups hot water
- package of 12 silicone molds
- Place your chocolate in a bowl and melt in the microwave for 45 seconds, stir until the chocolate is melted.
- Place your chocolate in a pastry bag, clip the end off and pipe the chocolate into your molds.
- Take the back of a spoon and smooth the chocolate in the molds until the inside of the mold is covered.
- Place molds in the fridge and let them sit for 30 minutes.
- When the chocolate is set, remove it from your molds and set 6 in a row.
- Place 1 sugar cookie kiss in the bottom of each chocolate cup and add 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder.
- Then add 5-6 mini marshmallows on top of the hot cocoa.
- Heat a small skillet and remove from heat, melt the edge of one chocolate cup and then place it on a cup that has been filled with cocoa.
- Let the two cup edges melt together and set aside.
- Assemble the remaining chocolate cups, use the remaining chocolate in a pastry bag, and drizzle over the top of chocolate bombs.
- Sprinkle with sprinkle mix and let stand for 10 minutes and serve.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
I hope you enjoy this cookie inspired hot cocoa bomb recipe as much as my family does!
If you get a chance to try it, let us know! Leave us a comment below, or share it with a picture on Instagram or Facebook! Don’t forget to tag us @kelly_reci_ and use the hashtag #Kellysthoughtsonthings so we can see what amazing meals you are cooking up!