To make any day special, these sweet and luscious Bailey’s Pot of Gold Cocoa Cups are filled with hot cocoa mix and topped off with gold hand-painted mini marshmallows.
Make these hot cocoa cups fast and then share them with your family and friends. Warm cups are a delightful treat for lovers and friends alike.
These milk chocolate hot cocoa mugs will undoubtedly be a wonderful treat. To show how much you care, hand-deliver a cup of hot chocolate to each of your friends and family members. To get creative, use toppings like mini marshmallows and other stuff.
A unique way to make any day special!
Why You’ll Love These Pot of Gold Cocoa Cups
- These festive cute little mugs have a heartwarming sentiment that will make you and your loved one’s smile.
- They are simple to make and enjoyable to give to that special someone.
- Not only are they adorable and simple to make, but they are also ideal for last-minute surprise gifts.
- These Pot of Gold Cocoa Cups are simple to make, with ingredients and recipes that are easy to get by.
These Bailey's Pot of Gold Cocoa Cups are not only pretty to look at, but they're also really good.
They're easy to make, and you can have them done in a couple of hours, giving you a wonderful treat with a kick for any occasion where you want something a little special.
Everyone will love this chocolaty sweetness with a glittery gold top!
Make sure to put this one in your favorites.
You’ll find the specific ingredient amounts and detailed instructions in the printable recipe at the bottom of this post.
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Kelly’s Thoughts On Things may make a small commission at no additional cost to you. We only recommend items we use and love.
Equipment Needed to Make Pot of Gold Cocoa Cups
- Small Brush
- 12 Three Ounce Paper Cups
- Lime Green and White Striped Paper Straws
- Extra Large Mugs
- Scotch Tape
- Parchment Paper
- Mixing Bowl
Ingredients For Your Pot of Gold Cocoa Cups
- Chocolate Almond Bark
- Gold Cake Paint
- Hot Cocoa Mix with Mini Marshmallows
- Bailey's Irish Cream
- Mini Marshmallows
How To Make A Sweet and Luscious Bailey’s Pot of Gold Cocoa Cups
Step 1: Prep the Cup
Cut down the seam of the paper cups until you reach the bottom of the cup. Do not cut the cup's bottom.
Tape the cup together on the outside of the cup, where you just cut the seam, with a piece of scotch tape.
Step 2: Melt and Fill
Place the milk chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl, and microwave until the chocolate is melted.
Spoon the chocolate into the bottom and sides of the paper cup, by dripping it around the sides and bottom, and smooth it over with a spoon.
Place the cups upside down on parchment paper, and allow to sit for 30 minutes, while the chocolate sets or firms up.
Add another layer of chocolate and leave the cups for a few minutes until the chocolate begins to dry, then place in the refrigerator until firm for about 30 minutes.
When the chocolate is set, remove the tape from the side of the cup.
Gently remove the paper cup from the chocolate and leave the chocolate cups on the parchment paper.
Step 3: Prep the Tops
Cut off the top portion of 6 new paper cups, about an inch from the top. Cut them to make a circle and this will form the tops of your chocolate cups.
Place tops of cups on the parchment paper, and spoon melted chocolate into the circles until full.
Cut three straws in half, place them in the melted chocolate circles, and leave them to dry in the chocolate for about 15 minutes.
Let sit for 30 more minutes, and then remove the paper cup circles from the chocolate, with the straw dried in place.
Step 4: Fill it with Cocoa
Fill each chocolate cup with the cocoa, and 1 jigger of Bailey's Irish Cream, and dip the bottom of the chocolate top in melted chocolate to seal the lid onto the chocolate cup.
Dip one end of a mini marshmallow in melted chocolate, and place mini marshmallows on top of the cups, stacked around the straw.
Let the Chocolate dry, for about 30 minutes, and then use a small food-grade paintbrush, paint, or brush on the gold cake paint on the mini marshmallows, until they're covered in the gold-colored paint.
Allow cake paint to dry before serving for about 30 minutes.
Step 5: Serve and Enjoy
In an extra-large mug, heat one cup of milk in the mug, until steaming hot, and place the chocolate cup in the hot milk.
The hot cocoa cup will melt in the mug. Serve, and enjoy!
This makes 6 Extra Large Mugs of Hot Cocoa Cups
NOTE: When serving; after the Milk is heated to steaming hot, set the Mugs in front of the person to be served, and let them place the little Chocolate cup in the hot Milk, where it will melt, along with the Cocoa mix, and Bailey's, and they'll have a delicious cup of Bailey's Hot Cocoa, with Gold Marshmallows, and a straw to sip it from!
What to Serve with Your Pot of Gold Cocoa Cups
This Bailey’s Pot of Gold Cocoa Cups is great for any pastry or savory dish. The sweetness of these bomb cups when combined with hot milk is a great complement to the savory dish.
Because they are sweet, these are the ideal dessert. These hot cocoa cups are a sure bet for sweet tooths, and they're ideal for the holidays and chilly weather.
These hot cocoa cups are perfect for a sweet treat to kick off or end your day.
Popular Substitutions & Additions
Other types of wafers, particularly those containing nuts or almond bark, can be used to make these hot cocoa cups.
To make the cup, you can also use a store-bought mold.
You can even experiment with different flavors, such as coffee, peppermint, or pumpkin spice.
The color can be changed as well.
Try topping this off with fun sprinkles for that extra flair.
How To Store Sweet and Luscious Bailey’s Pot of Gold Cocoa Cups
Best Way To Store Pot of Gold Cocoa Cups Leftover
Individually bag the hot cocoa cups or divide them among mini muffin pans. If they are all in the same bag, they are more likely to stick together.
How Long Will Pot of Gold Cocoa Cups Last In the Fridge?
Hot cocoa cups containing hot cocoa mix can be kept at room temperature for up to two months.
Can I Freeze Pot of Gold Cocoa Cups
Hot cocoa cups can be frozen if properly packed and preserved. Before placing them in a freezer-safe glass jar, wrap them in two layers of plastic wrap and foil.
They'll last about 6 months if you store them this way.
Pot of Gold Cocoa Cups FAQs
Is 1 teaspoon of hot cocoa mix enough?
No, most hot chocolate mixes call for about 2 teaspoons of the hot chocolate mix to make a cup of hot chocolate. Even though it is less than the recommended amount, the extra chocolate created as the hot cocoa cups melt compensates for the lack of hot chocolate mix.
If you believe the drink requires more mix after the cocoa cups have melted, go ahead, and add it.
Is it possible to use these without the milk?
Yes, you can use hot water in conjunction with the hot cocoa cups. The resulting product will lack the richness and creaminess of a milk-based product.
Can I fix the cracks when unmolding?
Yes, if only the top of it breaks, it can be covered up by smoothing it out with more melted chocolate and topping it with marshmallows.
Is it necessary to keep hot cocoa cups chilled?
No, because it is room temperature, a hot cocoa cup does not need to be refrigerated. However, you can freeze it to extend its shelf life.
Can I make hot cocoa cups ahead of time?
Yes, cocoa cups can be made up to two months ahead of time. Simply store them at room temperature in an airtight jar.
Would you like a free e-cookbook? Of course, who doesn't love free stuff? And not only do you get a free e-cookbook but also great emails packed with wonderful information and free printables. What could be better than that? Imagine all the amazing recipes you'll be able to cook once you have your very own copy of my e-cookbook! Plus, all the other goodies I send out in my emails. You won't want to miss out on anything, so make sure to subscribe today. Click this button and enter your email address to subscribe now!
Other Cocoa Cups Recipes You’ll Love
These sweet and luscious Bailey's Pot of Gold Cocoa Cups are filled with hot cocoa mix and topped with gold hand-painted small marshmallows to make any day special.
Make these hot cocoa cups quickly and serve them to your family and friends. Warm cups are a delectable surprise for both lovers and friends.
These milk chocolate hot cocoa cups are unquestionably delicious.
Hand-deliver a cup of hot chocolate to each of your friends and family members to express how much you care.
Use toppings such as mini marshmallows and other items to get creative.
A one-of-a-kind way to make any day memorable!
You can try these fun and fascinating recipes in addition to Sweet and Luscious Bailey’s Pot of Gold Cocoa Cups:
Bailey’s Pot of Gold Cocoa Cups Recipe
- 2 Cups of Chocolate Almond Bark - melted
- Edibleart Decorative Cake Paint - GOLD
- 1 small brush - food grade - for painting the Cake Paint
- 3 envelopes of Hot Cocoa Mix with Mini Marshmallows
- 12 Three ounce Paper Cups
- 3 Lime Green and White Striped Paper Straws
- 1 Bottle of Bailey's Irish Cream
- 1 package of Mini Marshmallows
- 6 Cups of Milk
- 6 Extra Large Mugs
- Cut the Paper Cups down the seam, until you reach the bottom of the cup - do not cut the bottom of the cup.
- Take a piece of Scotch Tape and tape the cup together on the outside of the cup, where you just cut the seam.
- Place the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl, and microwave until the chocolate is melted, and stir well to blend.
- Spoon the Chocolate into the bottom and sides of the paper cup, by dripping it around the sides and bottom, and smoothing with the spoon.
- Place the cups upside down on Parchment Paper, and allow to sit for 30 minutes, while the Chocolate sets/firms up.
- Add another layer of Chocolate, and leave the cups for a few minutes until the Chocolate begins to dry, then place in the refrigerator until firm, about 30 minutes.
- When the chocolate is set, remove the tape from the side of the Cup, gently remove the paper cup from the Chocolate, and leave the Chocolate Cups on the Parchment Paper.
- Cut off the top portion of 6 new Paper Cups, about an inch from the top; cut them to make a circle, and this will form the tops to your Chocolate Cups.
- Place tops of Cups on Parchment Paper and spoon melted Chocolate into the circles until full.
- Cut three Straws in half, place them in the Melted Chocolate Circles, and leave them to dry in the Chocolate, for about 15 minutes.
- Let sit for 30 more minutes, and then remove the Paper Cup circles from the Chocolate, with the Straw dried in place.
- Fill each Chocolate Cup with the Cocoa, and 1 jigger of Bailey's Irish Cream, and dip the bottom of the Chocolate Top in melted Chocolate to seal the lid onto the Chocolate Cup.
- Dip one end of a Mini Marshmallow in melted Chocolate, and place Mini Marshmallows on top of the cups, stacked around the straw (See Photo).
- Let the Chocolate dry, for about 30 minutes, and then use a small food-grade paintbrush, paint or brush on the Edibleart Gold Cake Paint on the Mini Marshmallows, until they're covered in the Gold colored paint.
- Allow paint Cake Paint to dry before serving - about 30 minutes.
- In an Extra large Mug, heat one cup of milk in the mug, until steaming hot, and place the Chocolate Cup in the hot Milk.
- Hot Cocoa Cup will melt in the Mug. Serve, and Enjoy!
When serving; after the Milk is heated to steaming hot, set the Mugs in front of the person to be served, and let them place the little Chocolate cup in the hot Milk, where it will melt, along with the Cocoa mix, and Bailey's, and they'll have a delicious cup of Bailey's Hot Cocoa, with Gold Marshmallows, and a straw to sip it from!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 637Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 255mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 10gSugar: 37gProtein: 20g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.
Please return and share your thoughts and experiences with me on how your Sweet and Luscious Bailey’s Pot of Gold Cocoa Cups turned out and let me know how you enjoyed it!
If you get a chance to try it, let us know! Leave us a comment below, or share it with a picture on Instagram or Facebook! Don’t forget to tag us @kelly_reci_ and use the hashtag #Kellysthoughtsonthings so we can see what amazing meals you are cooking up!