A classic recipe that’s been adapted for faster cooking, this Instant Pot Apple Crisp with Salted Caramel Drizzle will become your favorite weeknight quick dessert!
Fresh apples, tossed with cinnamon, nutmeg, and brown sugar, topped with a buttery oat topping, drizzled with salted caramel.
This recipe is perfect for cozy fall and winter evenings.
This particular Instant Pot Apple Crisp recipe is so delicious you won’t want to bake them anymore.
It takes a total of 30 minutes including prep time to get this dessert on the table for the whole family to enjoy!
15 minutes faster than baking, that’s precious time you get to save relaxing with the family.
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT APPLE CRISP WITH SALTED CARAMEL DRIZZLE
Fresh apples, tossed in cinnamon and nutmeg, are cooked in the instant pot with a delicious buttery oat topping.
The whole family will enjoy this easy Instant Pot dessert!
Are you ready to get started?
You’ll find the specific ingredient amounts and detailed instructions in the printable recipe at the bottom of this post.
KITCHEN TOOLS YOU MAY NEED
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products we believe you’ll love. So if you make a purchase from one of these links, Kelly’s Thoughts On Things may make a small commission at no additional cost to you. And remember, we only recommend items that we use and love.
- Instant Pot or another pressure cooker
- Measuring Spoons – I LOVE my set of these!
- Mixing spoon
- Vegetable peeler
- Large bowl
- Small saucepan
You can find the full recipe with ingredients and instructions in the printable card below.
INSTANT POT APPLE CRISP WITH SALTED CARAMEL DRIZZLE INGREDIENTS
This quick and easy Apple Crisp recipe uses everyday kitchen staples to create a delicious dessert your family will love. All you need is:
- Granny Smith apples
- rolled oats
- brown sugar
- lemon juice
- unsalted butter
- vanilla extract
- pantry staples like cinnamon and nutmeg
INSTANT POT APPLE CRISP WITH SALTED CARAMEL DRIZZLE RECIPE INSTRUCTIONS
Using an Instant Pot or other pressure cooker makes preparing this delicious apple crisp a cinch.
Especially since you never have to turn on the oven.
You simply need to chop up the apples, add them to the Instant Pot, then add your flavors like cinnamon and nutmeg, make sure you sweeten it with some brown sugar, add the oat topping, start the Instant Pot, and make the quick salted caramel sauce while the Apple Crisp is cooking.
It’s that simple!
INSTANT POT APPLE CRISP WITH SALTED CARAMEL DRIZZLE TIPS AND QUESTIONS
If you’ve never made Apple Crisp in a pressure cooker, don’t worry!
Below are some common questions and helpful tips.
Hopefully, this will answer any questions you may have.
If not, feel free to ask in the comments and I’ll answer the best I can.
HOW LONG DOES IT REALLY TAKE TO COOK APPLE CRISP IN THE INSTANT POT?
One of the many reasons I love my Instant Pot is because everything you make takes much less time.
This Apple Crisp recipe takes approximately 30 minutes. TOTAL. This includes:
- About 15 minutes of prep time
- Close to 10 minutes to cook the caramel sauce
- Around 13 minutes for the pot to come to pressure (this is how long it took my pot)
- 1-minute manual, high (yes, really only 1 minute!)
- 2 minutes for pressure release
If you were to cook apple crisp in the oven, you’d be baking them for 45 minutes.
DO I NEED TO PEEL THE APPLES?
Nope. It’s truly up to you. I prefer the taste and texture of the apples peeled.
If you decide to leave the peels on, make sure to wash the apples.
DO I NEED TO ADD COARSE SALT TO THE CARAMEL?
No, in fact, you can skip the salt if you want.
Please do not add the equivalent amount of table salt as coarse salt to the caramel because it will probably taste too salty.
WHAT KIND OF APPLES MAKE THE BEST APPLE CRISP?
Granny Smith apples make the best Apple Crisp because they are crisp and stand up to baking well.
They are very easy to find at most grocery stores.
If you have to substitute, you can use Fuji apples.
HOW DO YOU REHEAT APPLE CRISP?
You can easily reheat Apple Crisp in your microwave using a microwave-friendly container, at 30-second intervals until the desired temperature, in your toaster oven or oven at 350 degrees for 15 minutes, or air fryer at 350 degrees in 5-minute intervals.
WHAT GOES WELL WITH INSTANT POT APPLE CRISP?
Instant Pot Apple Crisp goes well with a wide variety of desserts. Some of my personal favorites include:
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- New York Style Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Pie
CAN I USE PRE-SLICED APPLES INSTEAD OF FRESH APPLES?
Yes, you can use pre-sliced apples to save time.
Make sure to dice them. As for the taste, however, in my opinion, the fresh apples taste better. 🙂
WHAT ELSE CAN I ADD TO THIS INSTANT POT APPLE CRISP RECIPE?
This simple pressure cooker apple crisp recipe not only tastes great, but it’s also incredibly versatile.
Try adding 1 cup of frozen or dried cranberries, a handful of chopped pecans, and/or 1 cup of mixed berries. YUM!
INSTANT POT APPLE CRISP WITH SALTED CARAMEL DRIZZLE RECIPE
Instant Pot Apple Crisp with Salted Caramel Drizzle
For the topping:
- 6 tablespoons cold butter diced
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
For the filling:
- 4 medium-sized Granny Smith apples peeled, cored and diced
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup of water
For the sauce :
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- Add melted butter to the Instant Pot and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan. Add in the filling ingredients; brown sugar, lemon juice, vanilla extract, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, and apples. Stir until well combined. Pour water over apples.
- Prepare the crumble topping. Mix together all dry ingredients until well combined. Add in the diced butter with a fork, using it to work the butter into the dry mix until combined well with a sand-like texture. Sprinkle the topping over the apple mixture in the pot. Close and lock the Instant Pot lid, and seal the valve.
- Select manual high pressure for 1 minute. Once finished cooking, turn the steam valve for a quick release. Remove the lid once the pin has dropped.
- While the Apple crumble cooks, prepare your caramel sauce. Place the butter in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Once the butter has melted add the milk and sugar. Stir constantly until mixture boils, then continue to boil for 2 minutes. Remove the saucepan from heat and stir in the vanilla extract and salt. Set aside until ready for use.
- Serve the apple crisp warm in a bowl and drizzle with the salted caramel sauce. Great with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or dollop of whipped cream.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family does!