Use your Crock Pot to bake this delicious Crock Pot Carrot Cake with Caramel Dolce Cream Cheese Frosting. A carrot cake is baked effortlessly in a Crock Pot covered in a yummy cream cheese frosting flavored with caramel dolce.
This Crock Pot Carrot Cake is perfect for snacks, or dessert any time of the year. You’ll never heat up your kitchen because it is slowly baked in a Crock Pot. Take this yummy cake to potlucks and parties.
The caramel dolce flavored frosting will make it stand out and be a crowd favorite.
Baking a cake using your Crock Pot is extremely easy. You mix the cake batter and then pour it into the Crock Pot, and then slowly bake it for 2 hours.
Your kitchen will be filled with the aroma of carrot cake.
In about 2 and a half hours, you’ll have tender carrot cake covered in a sweet caramel cream cheese frosting ready to enjoy!
This crock pot cake is so good, and it's so easy, which makes it even better! You just put it in the crock pot, let it bake, and you have a moist, delicious cake with very little effort.
It's so simple to do, you can have it done for dinner. It's even better for a midnight snack. You're gonna love this recipe.
Make sure to keep this one in your favorites!
HOW TO MAKE CROCK POT CARROT CAKE
Cake mix is mixed together and then poured into a Crock Pot and slowly baked for 2 hours and then covered in a homemade caramel infused cream cheese frosting for a delicious snack or dessert the whole family will enjoy!
Are you ready to get started?
You’ll find the specific ingredient amounts and detailed instructions in the printable recipe at the bottom of this post.
KITCHEN TOOLS YOU MAY NEED
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Kelly's Thoughts On Things may make a small commission at no additional cost to you. We only recommend items we use and love.
CROCK POT CARROT CAKE INGREDIENTS
This easy Crock Pot Carrot Cake recipe uses everyday kitchen staples to create a delicious dessert or snack your family will love. You can easily find most of the ingredients at your local grocery store.
All you need is:
- Duncan Hines Moist Supreme Carrot Cake mix
- an egg
- cooking spray
- cream cheese
- some butter
- Starbucks caramel dolce coffee
- powdered sugar
CROCK POT CARROT CAKE RECIPE INSTRUCTIONS
Spray the inside of the Crock Pot with the cooking spray, and turn the heat to medium.
Place the lid on the Crock Pot.
In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, place the cake mix, oil, water, and eggs (follow package directions for measurements), and add all ingredients to the mixing bowl.
Mix on low speed until all ingredients are blended.
Stop the mixer, and scrape down the sides of the bowl, and mix again at medium-high speed for 2 minutes.
Remove mixing bowl from mixer, and pour the cake batter into the Crock Pot, scraping out the mixing bowl with a spatula.
Bake the cake for 2 hours in the Crock Pot.
Once the cake is baked, turn off the Crock Pot and remove the crock to a wire rack to cool the cake.
Once the cake is cool, make the frosting.
Place the cream cheese and butter in the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, and mix until light and fluffy, using the whisk attachment.
Add about a third of the powdered sugar, and 1 tablespoon of the coffee.
Mix until completely blended.
Add another third of the powdered sugar, and the other tablespoon of coffee.
Blend until smooth, then add the remainder of the powdered sugar, and mix until smooth.
If the frosting is too thick, add a few more drops of the coffee, or if it's too thin, add a little more powdered sugar, until desired consistency is achieved.
Frost the cake right in the crock, slice, and serve. In about 2 and a half hours, you’ll have a delicious carrot cake baked in your Crock Pot that’s sure to become a new favorite!
CROCK POT CARROT CAKE TIPS AND QUESTIONS
If you’ve never made a cake in your Crock Pot, don’t worry! Below are some common questions and helpful tips. Hopefully, this will answer any questions you may have.
If not, feel free to ask in the comments and I’ll answer the best I can.
HOW LONG DOES IT REALLY TAKE TO MAKE CROCK POT CARROT CAKE?
This Crock Pot Carrot Cake recipe takes approximately 2 hours and 37 minutes. TOTAL.
- About 7 minutes to make the cake batter
- Close to 2 hours to bake the cake in the Crock Pot
- Around 20 minutes to cool the cake
- 7 minutes to mix the frosting
- 3 minutes to frost the cake
By using a store-bought cake mix we save time from grating the carrots and measuring out the flour and sugar, etc.
HOW DO I STORE A CROCK POT CARROT CAKE?
You can store Crock Pot Carrot Cake in an airtight container in your refrigerator for up to 5 days or in your freezer for up to 3 months. Simply unthaw the cake at room temperature and enjoy.
CAN I USE REGULAR CREAM CHEESE FROSTING ON THIS CARROT CAKE?
You can use regular cream cheese frosting or any frosting you love on this carrot cake. The frosting can be store-bought or homemade.
You can also use the frosting recipe that comes with this recipe and omit the 2 tbsp’s of Starbucks Caramel Dolce coffee.
CAN I MAKE CROCK POT CARROT CAKE AHEAD OF TIME?
Yes, you can easily make Crock Pot Carrot Cake the day before serving. Keep the cake stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator and serve the cake at room temperature.
WHAT GOES WELL WITH CROCK POT CARROT CAKE?
Crock Pot Carrot Cake goes well with a wide variety of snacks and drinks. These recipes would be great to serve together.
Some of my personal favorites include:
- Cadbury Creme Egg Fudge
- Apple Cider Donuts
- Pumpkin Donuts
- RumChata Hot Cocoa Bombs
- Salted Caramel Brulee Latte
CAN I USE HOMEMADE CAKE MIX INSTEAD OF STORE-BOUGHT CAKE MIX?
Yes, you can use homemade carrot cake mix in this recipe instead of store-bought carrot cake mix. The steps will be pretty much the same.
Using pre-made cake mix saves a ton of time. If you have an amazing homemade carrot cake mix recipe use it.
WHAT ELSE CAN I ADD TO THIS CROCK POT CARROT CAKE RECIPE?
This simple Carrot Cake recipe not only tastes great, but it’s also incredibly versatile.
Try adding chopped walnuts and raisins to the batter. YUM!
CROCK POT CARROT CAKE RECIPE
- 1 box of Duncan Hines Moist Supreme Carrot Cake mix
- Cooking Spray
FOR THE FROSTING:
- 1 package of Cream Cheese - 8 ounces - softened
- 1 Tablespoon of Butter - softened
- 2 Tablespoons of Starbucks Caramel Dolce Coffee
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups of Powdered Sugar
- Spray the inside, or the Crock of the Crock-Pot with the Cooking Spray, and turn the heat on Medium.
- Place Lid on Crock-Pot.
- In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, place the Cake mix, Oil, Water, and Eggs - follow package directions for measurements - and add all ingredients to the mixing bowl.
- Mix on low speed until all ingredients are blended.
- Stop the mixer, and scrape down the sides of the bowl, and mix again at medium-high speed for 2 minutes.
- Remove mixing bowl from mixer, and pour Cake batter into the Crock-Pot, scraping out the mixing bowl with a spatula. Bake the Cake for 2 hours in the Crockpot.
- Once the cake is baked, turn off the Crock-Pot and remove the Crock to a wire rack to cool the Cake.
- When the cake is cool, make the frosting:
- Place the Cream Cheese and Butter in the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, and mix until light and fluffy, using the whisk attachment.
- Add about a third of the Powdered sugar, and 1 Tablespoon of the coffee.
- Mix until completely blended.
- Add another third of the Powdered sugar, and the other Tablespoon of coffee.
- Blend until smooth, then add the remainder of the Powdered Sugar, and mix until smooth.
- If the Frosting is too thick, and a few more drops of the coffee, or if it's too thin, add a little more powdered sugar until desired consistency is achieved.
- Frost the cake right in the Crock, slice, serve, and Enjoy!
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
I hope you enjoy this Crock Pot cake recipe as much as my family does!
If you get a chance to try it, let us know! Leave us a comment below, or share it with a picture on Instagram or Facebook! Don’t forget to tag us @kelly_reci_ and use the hashtag #Kellysthoughtsonthings so we can see what amazing meals you are cooking up!