These Rice Krispie Eyeballs are perfect for Halloween and monster-inspired treats that can be enjoyed anytime.
Rice Krispies are transformed into fun eyeballs that not only look spooky but taste amazing!
Rice cereal is mixed in melted marshmallows and then formed into balls with cute fondant eyes.
It’s the perfect Halloween snack the whole family will enjoy!
In fact, this particular Rice Krispie Eyeballs recipe is so fun you won’t want to make rice Krispies any other way.
In a little over an hour, you’ll have crunchy, sticky, spooky rice cereal balls ready to enjoy!
Um, excuse me waiter, but… my rice cereal treats are staring at me.
Well, it comes to no surprise because my Rice Cereal Eyeball Treats were MADE to stare – in an oh-so-creepy way!
Jokes aside, I made these rice cereal treats especially for Halloween.
They’re creepy, gooey-looking, and absolutely perfect for October 31st celebrations!
These little treats are very easy to make!
I also love the fact that I can easily store them.
This way I can bring them over to Halloween parties that I’ll be attending.
My friends will be super impressed with my sweet creation.
I’m really proud of it!
HOW TO MAKE RICE KRISPIE EYEBALLS
Rice cereal is added to melted marshmallows and then formed into balls.
Green chocolate is added with fondant eyes for a delicious snack the whole family will enjoy!
Are you ready to get started?
You’ll find the specific ingredient amounts and detailed instructions in the printable recipe at the bottom of this post.
KITCHEN TOOLS YOU MAY NEED
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Kelly's Thoughts On Things may make a small commission at no additional cost to you. We only recommend items we use and love.
- Baking Sheet
- Wax Paper
- Measuring Spoons – I LOVE my set of these!
- Medium Saucepan
- Microwave Safe Bowl
- Mixing spoon
- Rolling Pin
- Piping Bag
- Wilton #12 piping tip
RICE KRISPIE EYEBALLS INGREDIENTS
This quick and easy Rice Krispie Eyeballs recipe uses everyday kitchen staples to create a delicious snack your family will love.
All you need is:
- miniature marshmallows or regular size marshmallows
- rice cereal
- black rolling fondant
- white rolling fondant
- green candy melts
- a little bit of coconut oil
RICE KRISPIE EYEBALL RECIPE INSTRUCTIONS
First, line a baking sheet with wax paper and set aside.
In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add the delicious marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
Remove the saucepan from heat. Add in the rice cereal and fold until all ingredients are well combined.
Scoop out the marshmallow rice cereal mixture and roll into small balls, about 1 ½ – 2 inches in diameter.
Gently, place each one on the lined baking sheet. Allow the balls to cool and set about 30 minutes.
As the rice cereal treats set, roll out each of the fondants separately, with a rolling pin, until they’re about ¼ of an inch thick.
Use a Wilton #12 piping tip to cut out 12 circles from the white fondant with the larger end of the tip.
Then cut out 12 circles from the black fondant with the smaller end of the tip.
Press one black fondant circle onto the center of one white fondant circle to create the eyes.
Add candy melts and coconut oil to a microwave-safe bowl.
Microwave in 30-second intervals, until completely melted (stir between each interval).
Carefully add melted candy into a piping bag and cut a small slit at the end.
Pipe out a circle on each rice cereal treat, about ½ an inch in diameter.
Top with one fondant eye.
Allow the eyes to set.
In a little over an hour, you’ll have a snack that’s sure to become a new favorite!
RICE KRISPIE EYEBALL TIPS AND QUESTIONS
If you’ve never made Rice Krispie Eyeballs, don’t worry!
Below are some common questions and helpful tips.
Hopefully, this will answer any questions you may have.
If not, feel free to ask in the comments and I’ll answer the best I can.
HOW LONG DOES IT REALLY TAKE TO MAKE RICE KRISPIE EYEBALLS?
I love Rice Krispie inspired treats because they are so easy and quick to make.
This Rice Krispie Eyeball recipe takes approximately 68 minutes. TOTAL.
Half of that is waiting for the balls to set. This includes:
- About 5 minutes of prep time
- 2 minutes to line a baking sheet with wax paper
- Close to 10 minutes to melt the butter and marshmallows
- Around 2 minutes to stir in the rice cereal
- 12 minutes to roll into balls
- 30 minutes for the balls to set
- 7 minutes to create the eyes (this can be done while the balls set)
WHAT GOES WELL WITH RICE KRISPIE EYEBALLS?
Rice Krispie Eyeballs go well with a wide variety of snacks.
Some of my personal favorites include:
- Silly Monster Pretzels
- Purple Monster Cupcakes
- Oreo Mummy Treats
- Glowing Eyeball Cupcakes
- Rainbow Ice Cream
WHAT ELSE CAN I ADD TO THIS RICE KRISPIE EYEBALL RECIPE?
This simple Rice Krispie Eyeball recipe not only tastes great, but it’s also incredibly versatile.
Try adding veins by using red icing, food coloring to the marshmallow mixture, and/or white chocolate icing coating.
HOW DO I STORE RICE KRISPIE EYEBALLS?
Store Rice Krispie Eyeballs in an airtight container in a cool place for up to 5 days.
RICE KRISPIE EYEBALL RECIPE
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 3 cups rice cereal
- 2 oz. black rolling fondant
- 3 - 4 oz. white rolling fondant
- 1 cup green candy melts
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add miniature marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add rice cereal and fold until all ingredients are well combined.
- Roll the rice cereal mixture into small spheres, about 1 ½ - 2 inches in diameter. Place each one gently on the lined baking sheet.
- Allow to cool and set, about 30 minutes.
- As the rice cereal treats set, roll out each of the fondants separately, with a rolling pin, until they’re about ¼ of an inch thick.
- Use a Wilton #12 piping tip to cut out 12 circles from each fondant color. You will want the larger end of the piping tip for the white fondant and the smaller end for the black fondant.
- Press one black fondant circle onto the center of one white fondant circle.
- Add candy melts and coconut oil to a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second intervals, until completely melted (stir between each interval).
- Carefully add melted candy into a piping bag and cut a small slit at the end.
- Pipe out a circle on each rice cereal treat, about ½ an inch in diameter. Top with one fondant eye. Allow to set.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 165Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 66mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 0gSugar: 22gProtein: 1g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family does!
If you get a chance to try it, let us know! Leave us a comment below, or share it with a picture on Instagram or Facebook! Don’t forget to tag us @kelly_reci_ and use the hashtags #Kellysthoughtsonthings so we can see what amazing meals you are cooking up!