When kids reach the age of 6 to 7, they will demand for a bicycle, but when your kid reaches the age of 9 to 10, they will definitely ask you to buy a skateboard for them. And if they see one of their friends riding a skateboard, then the demands will be pretty serious. But, we see that when it comes to skateboards parents resist quite much to their kid’s demand. Mostly, it is because parents think that skateboards are not safe for their kid or the chances of their kid falling off the skateboard are higher. Well, I must tell you that we don’t have the required knowledge about skateboards that is why we show reluctance in buying one.
Skateboards come in many forms some are electric some are not, some are specifically for kids and some specifically for adults. You can also find skateboards for pros and for beginners too. Hence, in short, there are too many options available; you just have to pick the right one. Here is a detailed article so that you can pick just the right skateboard for anyone who is just getting into it.
Now, that you know all about choosing the right skateboard for your kid, let’s see why your kid needs to get into skateboarding and why you should let them experience it.
- At first, it is a bit difficult to learn skateboarding. But, this will really help your kid get rid of the fear of falling. When your kid is learning to ride on a skateboard in a skate park there won’t be any injuries and all but every time your kid falls off the board he or she will be more and more determined to learn the stop and after 2 or 3 falls there won’t be any fear left in your kid.
- Skateboarding really boosts your kid’s confidence. It is because riding a skateboard seems quite difficult to a kid, and when they get a hold of it, it really enhances their confidence in themselves. Your kid will definitely start accepting challenges, and even the difficult things will seem easier to them.
- Skateboarding is quite similar to other sports like snowboarding and surfing so skateboarding can act as a starter for getting into those sports too. It will really help your kid get a hold of board handling so any outdoor sport that involves a board will get very easy for your kid as compared to those kids who don’t know how to ride a skateboard.
- The best thing about getting a skateboard is that your kid can ride it even inside the house or at least can get to know the basics inside the home. Then, you can take your kid outside, and they can ride it in the garden or on the sidewalks, which will be a very safe learning process too.
- I have seen kids get really creative when it comes to the looks of a skateboard. Some kids even design or paint their skateboards themselves, or they will tell you that they want this and that color or pattern in their skateboard. So, this will make your kid quite creative.
- Another thing which is very important is exercise. Skateboard riding is kind of a full body exercise for your kid because it requires the movement of almost each and every body part. Hands, arms, legs, bending, jumping, standing, balancing everything is involved, you name it.
The Bottom Line
Skateboarding is really fun, and I am so sure of it because personally even I didn’t have this much fun with some other sport than I had with skateboarding. Your kid will have so much fun choosing a skateboarding, learning how to ride a skateboard and then after your kid has learned to ride skateboard, he or she will start learning some impressive moves too so the entire process is all about learning and having new experiences that will teach your kid some life lessons and will also instill in him or her some great virtues and qualities. So, next time your kid asks you for a skateboard, get them one right away.