Add flavor to your holiday dishes by using this Instant Pot Orange Cranberry Chutney. Oranges, apples, raisins, and cranberries are chopped up and pressure cooked to create a sweet holiday-inspired chutney.
You can use this Orange Cranberry Chutney to make turkey, chicken, or pork taste even better.
Add this chutney to your charcuterie board to mix with cheeses like brie and goat cheese.
This chutney can be used year-round to add a little flavor to your meals.
Keep it stored in your fridge and use it when you need a glaze for meat or a dipping sauce.
Spread this chutney on leftover turkey sandwiches to add a boost in flavor. The variety of foods you can add this chutney to is endless.
In a little over an hour, you’ll have a flavorful holiday-inspired chutney ready to enjoy!
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT ORANGE CRANBERRY CHUTNEY
Oranges, cranberries, apples, and raisins are pressure cooked to make a delicious condiment the whole family will enjoy!
Are you ready to get started?
You’ll find the specific ingredient amounts and detailed instructions in the printable recipe at the bottom of this post.
This Chutney is so good, and so versatile, you can serve it with almost anything.
It’s a really pretty side dish, and it compliments Turkey, Ham, or Pork, nicely. It’s a sweet citrus berry chutney that is a little tart, but so delicious.
The Instant Pot just infuses all the flavors together, and you end up with a lovely, beautiful dish that is sure to be a hit.
KITCHEN TOOLS YOU MAY NEED
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Kelly’s Thoughts On Things may make a small commission at no additional cost to you. We only recommend items we use and love.
- Instant Pot or another pressure cooker
- Instant Pot Liners
- Measuring Spoons – I LOVE my set of these!
- Cutting Board
- Potato Masher
INSTANT POT ORANGE CRANBERRY CHUTNEY INGREDIENTS
This easy Instant Pot Orange Cranberry Chutney recipe uses everyday kitchen staples to create a delicious condiment your family will love.
If you don’t have the items in your fridge you can easily find them at your local grocery store.
All you need is:
- whole-berry cranberry sauce
- honey crisp apples
- golden raisin
- rice wine vinegar
- brown sugar
- ground ginger
- ground cinnamon
- lemon juice
- orange juice
INSTANT POT ORANGE CRANBERRY CHUTNEY RECIPE INSTRUCTIONS
Begin by placing a liner in the Instant Pot.
Peel and chop the oranges and the apples, be mindful to remove the seeds, and place the oranges and apples in the Instant Pot.
Add the cranberry sauce, sugar, golden raisins, vinegar, brown sugar, ginger, cinnamon, honey, lemon juice, and orange juice, and stir well.
Set up your Instant Pot and set it to 20 minutes.
When the chutney is finished cooking, Open the lid, and stir the chutney.
Mashup any pieces of orange, or apple chunks, and remove the Instant Pot liner, and allow the chutney to cool.
When cool, stir well, then ladle into a dish, cover, and refrigerate.
In a little over an hour, you’ll have a holiday condiment that’s sure to become a new favorite!
INSTANT POT ORANGE CRANBERRY TIPS AND QUESTIONS
If you’ve never made Orange Cranberry Chutney in a pressure cooker, don’t worry!
Below are some common questions and helpful tips.
Hopefully, this will answer any questions you may have.
If not, feel free to ask in the comments and I’ll answer the best I can.
HOW LONG DOES IT REALLY TAKE TO COOK ORANGE CRANBERRY CHUTNEY IN THE INSTANT POT?
One of the many reasons I love my Instant Pot is because everything you make takes much less time.
This Instant Pot Orange Cranberry Chutney recipe takes approximately 1 hour and 23 minutes minutes. TOTAL.
- About 10 minutes to peel and chop the oranges and apples
- Close to 5 minutes to add the ingredients to the Instant Pot
- Around 13 minutes for the pot to come to pressure (this is how long it took my pot)
- 20 minutes manual (high) pressure
- 5 minutes for pressure release
- 30 minutes to allow the chutney to cool and then store in jars
WHAT GOES WELL WITH INSTANT POT ORANGE CRANBERRY CHUTNEY?
Instant Pot Orange Cranberry Chutney goes well with a wide variety of meals and snacks.
As you can see this chutney can be used in many ways.
Some of my personal favorites include:
- As a condiment to dip my turkey in
- Cream cheese and crackers
- Breaded chicken tenders
- Use as a glaze on pork tenderloin
- Added to leftover turkey sandwiches
HOW LONG DOES HOMEMADE CHUTNEY LAST?
Homemade chutney lasts about 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
WHAT CAN I USE CHUTNEY FOR?
You can use chutney in a variety of ways. It’s a very versatile condiment.
Use it as a:
- A condiment on a charcuterie platter. You can spread it over cheeses
- As a condiment on sandwiches like grilled cheese, turkey sandwiches, etc.
- Dipping sauce for food like chicken and turkey
- You can puree the chutney and use it as a glaze on meats for roasting
CAN I USE A DIFFERENT KIND OF APPLE INSTEAD OF HONEY CRISP?
Yes, you can use any kind of apple you want in this recipe. Be mindful that it will slightly change the flavor and texture of the chutney.
Some apples stay crisp better after cooking.
CAN I USE ONE TYPE OF SUGAR INSTEAD OF WHITE SUGAR, BROWN SUGAR, AND HONEY?
Yes, you can use one type of sweetener instead of a few.
A variety of sweeteners adds a nice flavor to the chutney but you can simplify this recipe by using all white sugar.
WHAT ELSE CAN I ADD TO THIS INSTANT POT ORANGE CRANBERRY CHUTNEY RECIPE?
This simple Instant Pot Orange Cranberry Chutney recipe not only tastes great, but it’s also incredibly versatile.
Try switching the rice wine vinegar for balsamic vinegar.
Check out these recipes you can find here on Kelly’s Thoughts On Things.
INSTANT POT ORANGE CRANBERRY CHUTNEY RECIPE
Instant Pot Orange Cranberry Chutney
- 2 Oranges – peeled and sectioned
- 1 can of Whole-berry Cranberry sauce – 16 ounces
- 2 Honey Crisp Apples – peeled and chopped
- 1 cup of Sugar
- 1/2 cup of Golden Raisins
- 1 Tablespoon of Rice wine Vinegar
- 1/2 cup of Brown Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of Ground Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon of Cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon of Honey
- 1/2 teaspoon of Lemon Juice
- 1/3 cup of Orange Juice
- Peel and chop the Oranges and the Apples, and place in the Instant Pot.
- Add the Cranberry sauce. Sugar, Golden Raisins, Vinegar, Brown Sugar, Ginger, Cinnamon, Honey, Lemon Juice, and Orange Juice, and stir well.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, and make sure the pressure valve is set to ‘SEALING’.
- Press the ‘PRESSURE COOK’ button, and set the time for 20 minutes.
- When the Chutney is finished cooking, turn the Pressure valve to ‘VENTING’ to make sure all the pressure has been released, and make sure the Float Valve is down.
- Open the lid, and stir the Chutney.
- Mashup any pieces of Orange, or Apple chunks, and remove the Instant Pot Liner, and allow the Chutney to cool.
- When cool, stir well, then ladle into a dish, cover, and Refrigerate.
- Serve with Brunch, lunch, or dinner. Enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this holiday recipe as much as my family does!
If you get a chance to try it, let us know! Leave us a comment below, or share it with a picture on Instagram or Facebook! Don’t forget to tag us @kelly_reci_ and use the hashtag #Kellysthoughtsonthings so we can see what amazing meals you are cooking up!