These Scream-Inspired Cupcakes are the creepy dessert you need at your next Halloween party! These bloody cupcakes are inspired by the Scream movies and will have you asking guests, “Do you like scary movies?”.
If they like them, they will love this cupcake recipe! Scream cupcakes are the best desserts to serve at your next Halloween party!
Treat your guests to a bloody and fun dessert with these Scream-Inspired Cupcakes.
Scream, Scream! These bloody cupcakes will have you screaming for more. They're inspired by scary movies and are sure to set the mood for your next party.
Perfect for finding some friends at your next Halloween party.
Why You’ll Love These Scream-Inspired Cupcakes
- Impress your loved one with a delicious dessert using these cupcakes! The ingredients are simple and easy to get by.
- The basic ingredients and easy instructions make this a delightful dessert to create with kids or by yourself.
- The ideal Halloween present for any loved one.
You’ll find the specific ingredient amounts and detailed instructions in the printable recipe at the bottom of this post.
What could be more fun than a batch of scream-inspired cupcakes on Halloween?
These little beauties are perfect for a party, and they’re sure to scare your guests with their spooky appearance.
But don’t worry, they taste delicious, too!
So gather your ingredients and get ready to have some fun in the kitchen.
Your friends will be amazed at how such scary-looking cupcakes can taste so good.
Equipment Needed to Make Scream-Inspired Cupcakes
- Molds for Scream Knife
- Horror Movie Killer Face Silicone Molds for Keychains Michael | Etsy
- Mixing Bowls
- Stand Mixer
- Muffin Tin
- Small Cookie Brush
Are you on Facebook? I am too! Join me as I share everyday adventures with you. I will be sharing our travels, recipes, and crafts!
Ingredients For Your Scream-Inspired Cupcakes
For The Cupcakes:
- Baking Powder
- Vegetable Oil
- Vanilla Silk Yogurt
- Red Food Coloring Gel
For The Frosting:
- Cream Cheese – Softened
- Butter – Softened
- Heavy Cream
- Powdered Sugar
- White Chocolate – Melted
- Black Food Coloring Gel
How To Make Scream-Inspired Cupcakes
Step 1: Melt and Face Mold
Melt the white chocolate in the microwave, and fill the scream face molds with the white chocolate. Place in the freezer for about 10 minutes to quickly set the chocolate.
Place one teaspoonful of the black food coloring gel in a small dish, and mix in 1/2 a teaspoon of the melted white chocolate, stirring well.
Using a small cookie brush (see link), paint the outline of the scream face with the black food coloring gel/white chocolate mixture.
Let dry for about 10 minutes. Set aside.
Step 2: Prep the Knife
Add one drop of the black food coloring gel to the cup of white chocolate, and fill the bottom part of the mold, that would be the blade, with the gray/white chocolate.
Add several more drops to the white chocolate, making it black, and fill in with the black/white chocolate for the part of the knife handle.
Set in the refrigerator to harden.
Step 3: Make the Cupcakes
In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, add the sugar, milk, oil, yogurt, egg, and vanilla, and mix on low until blended, then mix on medium until creamy.
In a separate bowl, place the flour, baking powder, and salt, and stir well to blend.
Add the mixer, and blend on low speed until mixed. Then turn up the mixer, and blend until smooth.
Scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl, and blend again until completely smooth.
Add about 2 or 3 teaspoons of the red food coloring gel to the cupcake batter until you have the desired color of red.
Line a 12-count muffin tin with cupcake liners, and fill the liners 2/3 of the way full.
Bake at 350 for 13 to 15 minutes, or until the cupcake is done and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Remove from the oven to a wire rack to cool.
Step 4: Make the Frosting
In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, place the softened cream cheese, softened butter, vanilla, and heavy cream, and mix until smooth and creamy.
Add the powdered sugar about a cup at a time and blend well between additions.
Scrape down the mixing bowl, and blend until smooth. The frosting should be thick and creamy.
If you need to add a little more powdered sugar, add about 1/4 cup at a time until you have a thick and creamy frosting.
Step 5: Assemble Time
When the cupcakes are completely cool, place the frosting in a pastry/piping bag with the large star tip, and pipe the frosting on the cupcakes, using a swirling motion around the cupcakes and bringing the frosting up to a point.
Place the scream white chocolate faces in the frosting, and add the decorative red food gel in lines down the cupcakes as though it was blood.
Place the knives on some of the cupcakes, and add blood/gel to those as well.
Keep refrigerated until time to serve. Serve, and enjoy!
This makes 12 cupcakes.
Instagram is an amazing place to be! We're always on there sharing our everyday adventures with you. Join us on Instagram as we share our travels, recipes, and crafts! Be sure to check out the stories for real-time fun.
Note: each scream face mold makes one face, so you'll need to order accordingly.
You can just order one mold, make the faces a couple of days ahead, and keep them in the refrigerator until they are used.
The knife mold makes two knives, and you can do the same with the knife mold and make them ahead.
The red decorative food gel is not the same as the red food coloring gel, so follow the link to the decorative gel.
What to Serve with Your Scary Cupcakes
Such a simple combination, but so satisfying.
The airy cake flavor of cupcakes goes well with either hot or cold cups of milk.
If you don't like milk, you can substitute a cup of tea or coffee.
The sweetness of the cupcake pairs well with the aroma of a cup of tea or coffee.
Popular Substitutions & Additions
For added texture, consider adding or topping some of the following:
- Chocolate Chips
- Chocolate Wafers
- Dried Fruits
- Mixed Nuts
- Shredded Coconut
- Crushed Toffee Bars
How To Store Scream-Inspired Cupcakes
Best Way To Store Cupcakes Leftover
Always keep them in an airtight container to prevent contamination and drying out from the air.
They can be stored at room temperature and out of direct sunlight for a day.
How Long Will Cupcakes Last In the Fridge?
Freshly baked cupcakes will keep in the fridge for about a week if properly stored; cover with foil or plastic wrap when refrigerating to prevent cupcakes from drying out.
Can I Freeze Cupcakes
Place the individually wrapped cupcakes in an airtight container and freeze for up to three months.
When freezing frosted cupcakes, I personally prefer to use a glass or plastic container (rather than a plastic bag) to protect the frosting and help the icing hold its shape.
Check out this Kitchen Toolbox! It has cheat sheets that will help you cook easier and faster.
Can I determine if the cupcake is ready?
Yes, you can either remove the cupcakes from the oven or leave them in there. Gently press the cupcake down.
They're done if the cupcake bounces back completely. If your finger left a smudge on the cupcake, they require additional time.
Can I prepare them in advance?
Yes. The cupcakes can be made two days ahead of time and stored at room temperature in an airtight container.
The frosting can also be made 2-3 days ahead of time and refrigerated in an airtight container.
When you're ready to frost the cupcakes, place the frosting on the counter to come to room temperature and thoroughly mix it before using it.
Can I freeze cupcakes?
Cupcakes can be frozen for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
The frosting can also be frozen for up to 3 months.
Thaw in the refrigerator overnight, then bring to room temperature and thoroughly mix before using.
Can I add sprinkles to my cupcake?
Yes, be creative as possible when decorating your cupcake.
Can I have this as a gift?
Yes. This screams effort and love when gifted to someone.
You may also try different flowers as inspiration.
Other Cupcakes Recipes You’ll Love
These Scream-Inspired Cupcakes are just what you need for your next Halloween celebration!
These gory cupcakes are inspired by the Scream movies.
If they like them, they'll love these cupcakes! Scream cupcakes are the perfect Halloween sweets to serve at your next party!
With these Scream-Inspired Cupcakes, you can serve your guests a gruesome and exciting treat.
You can try these fun and fascinating recipes in addition to Scream-Inspired Cupcakes:
These Cupcakes will surely be the highlight of a party or get-together for Halloween!
They're spooky, a little creepy, and just what you need to set the tone for a great festive time.
They're really easy to make, and they're really a delicious treat.
They would be great on a buffet or dessert table, and the Scream faces and the Knife are completely edible.
Be sure to keep this recipe in your Holiday favorites!
Scream-Inspired Cupcakes Recipe
- 2 cups of White Chocolate - melted
- Molds for Scream Faces and Knife
- Black Food Coloring Gel
- FOR THE CUPCAKES:
- 1 1/4 cup of Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of Salt
- 1 cup of Sugar
- 1/2 cup of Milk
- 1/4 cup of Vegetable Oil
- 2 Tablespoons of Vanilla Silk Yogurt
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tablespoon of Vanilla
- Red Food Coloring Gel
- FOR THE FROSTING:
- 4 ounces of Cream Cheese - softened
- 4 Tablespoons of Butter - softened
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons of Heavy Cream
- 4 - 5 cups of Powdered Sugar
- Melt the White Chocolate in the Microwave, and fill the Scream Face Molds with the White Chocolate.
- Place in the freezer for about 10 minutes to quickly set the Chocolate.
- Place one teaspoonful of the Black Food Coloring Gel in a small dish, and mix in 1/2 a teaspoon of the melted White Chocolate, stirring well.
- Using a small cookie Brush (See Link), paint the outline of the Scream Face with the Black Food Coloring Gel/White Chocolate mixture.
- Let dry for about 10 minutes. Set aside.
FOR THE KNIVES:
- Add one drop of the Black Food Coloring Gel to the cup of White Chocolate, and fill the bottom part of the mold, that would be the blade, with the Gray/White Chocolate.
- Add several more drops to the White Chocolate, making it Black, and fill in with the Black/White Chocolate for the part of the knife handle.
- Set in the refrigerator to harden.
Make the Cupcakes:
- In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, add the Sugar, Milk, Oil, Yogurt, Egg, and Vanilla, and mix on low until blended, then mix on medium until creamy.
- In a separate bowl, place the Flour, Baking Powder, and Salt, and stir well to blend.
- Add the Mixer, and blend on low speed until mixed then turn up the mixer, and blend until smooth.
- Scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl, and blend again until completely smooth.
- Add about 2 or 3 teaspoons of the Red Food Coloring Gel to the Cupcake Batter until you have the desired color of Red.
- Line a 12-count Muffin Tin with Cupcake Liners, and fill the liners 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake at 350 for 13 to 15 minutes, or until the cupcakes are done and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven to a wire rack to cool.
- While the cupcakes are cooling, make the Frosting:
- In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, place the softened Cream Cheese, softened Butter, Vanilla, and Heavy Cream, and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Add the Powdered Sugar about a cup at a time and blend well between additions.
- Scrape down the Mixing bowl, and blend until smooth.
- The Frosting should be thick and creamy.
- If you need to add a little more Powdered Sugar, add about 1/4 cup at a time until you have a thick and creamy Frosting.
- When the cupcakes are completely cool, place the Frosting in a Pastry/Piping bag with the large star tip, and Pipe the Frosting on the Cupcakes, using a swirling motion around the cupcakes and bringing the Frosting up to a point.
- Place the Scream White Chocolate Faces in the Frosting, and add the Decorative Red Food Gel in lines down the Cupcakes, as though it was blood.
- Place the Knives on some of the Cupcakes, and add blood/Gel to those as well.
- Keep refrigerated until time to serve.
- Serve, and Enjoy!
Each Scream Face Mold makes one Face, so you'll need to order accordingly.
You can just order one mold, make the Faces a couple of days ahead, and keep them in the refrigerator until time to use them.
The Knife Mold makes two knives, and you can do the same with the Knife Mold and make them ahead.
The Red Decorative Food Gel is not the same as Red Food Coloring Gel, so follow the Link to the Decorative Gel.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1132Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 270mgCarbohydrates: 230gFiber: 0gSugar: 216gProtein: 6g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.