This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
If you’re looking for a Halloween, treat that is both spooky and delicious, look no further than these Michael Myers cupcakes! These cupcakes are perfect for any Halloween party or just to spook your friends and family. The best part is that they are easy to make, so anyone can whip them up in no time! Enjoy!
He’s back! Halloween is right around the corner, and we have a treat for you.
These Michael Myers Cupcakes are inspired by the Halloween movies and would make a fantastic addition to your Halloween party appetizer table.
They’re easy to make, and they look so darn scary!
Trust us when we say your guests freak out when they see the spooky cupcakes inspired by the “Halloween” movies.
The cute clown faces and scary eyes on these cupcakes will add to their excitement as they dig in.
Why You’ll Love These Cupcakes
- With these cupcakes, you can impress your loved one with a delightful dessert! The ingredients are straightforward and easy to obtain.
- These clear instructions and simple ingredients make this a fun dessert to make with young ones or yourself.
- The perfect gift to send to any loved one.
Would you like to freak out your party guests with these Michael Myers Cupcakes?
These tasty and simple cupcakes are easy to make and are super creepy-cool at any Halloween party!
These Michael Myers Cupcakes are inspired by Halloween Movies.
These tasty treats are quick and easy to make and will surely freak out your guests!
You’ll find the specific ingredient amounts and detailed instructions in the printable recipe at the bottom of this post.
Equipment Needed to Make Cupcakes
Ingredients For Your Cupcakes
For The Cupcakes:
- Baking Powder
- Vegetable Oil
- Vanilla Silk Yogurt
- Orange Food Coloring Gel
For The Frosting:
- Cream Cheese – Softened
- Butter – Softened
- Heavy Cream
- Powdered Sugar
- White Chocolate – Melted
- Black Food Coloring Gel
How To Make A Michael Myers Cupcakes for Halloween
Step 1: Melt and Mold
Melt the white chocolate in the microwave, and fill the Halloween face molds with the white chocolate.
Place in the freezer for about 10 minutes to quickly set the chocolate.
Place 1 teaspoonful of the black food coloring gel in a small dish, and mix in 1/2 a teaspoon of the melted white chocolate, stirring well.
Using a small cookie brush, paint the outline of the Halloween face mask with the black food coloring gel/white chocolate mixture.
Let dry for about 10 minutes. Set aside.
Step 2: Make the Cupcakes
In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, add the sugar, milk, oil, yogurt, egg, and vanilla, and mix on low until blended, then mix on medium until creamy.
In a separate bowl, place the flour, baking powder, and salt, and stir well to blend.
Add the mixer, and blend on low speed until mixed.
Then turn up the mixer, and blend until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl, and blend again until completely smooth.
Add 2 or 3 teaspoons of the orange food coloring gel to the cupcake batter until you have the desired color of red.
Line a 12-count muffin tin with cupcake liners, and fill the liners 2/3 of the way full.
Bake at 350 for 13 to 15 minutes, until the cupcake is done and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Remove from the oven to a wire rack to cool.
Step 3: Make the Frosting
In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, place the softened cream cheese, softened butter, vanilla, and heavy cream, and mix until smooth and creamy.
Add the powdered sugar about a cup at a time and blend well between additions.
Scrape down the mixing bowl, and blend until smooth.
The frosting should be thick and creamy.
If you need to add a little more powdered sugar, add about 1/4 cup until you have a thick and creamy frosting.
Step 4: Assemble Time
When the cupcakes are completely cool, place the frosting in a pastry/piping bag with the large star tip, and pipe the frosting on the cupcakes, using a swirling motion around the cupcakes and bringing the frosting up to a point.
Place the Halloween white chocolate faces in the frosting and keep refrigerated until time to serve. Serve, and enjoy!
This makes 12 cupcakes.
Note: Each Halloween face mold makes one face, so you’ll need to order accordingly – you can just order 1 mold, make the faces a couple of days ahead, and keep them in the refrigerator until they are used.
What to Serve with Your Cupcakes
Such a simple combination, but so satisfying. The airy cake flavor of cupcakes goes well with either hot or cold cups of milk.
If you don’t like milk, you can substitute a cup of tea or coffee. The sweetness of the cupcake pairs well with the aroma of a cup of tea or coffee.
Popular Substitutions & Additions
For added texture, consider adding or topping some of the following:
- Chocolate Chips
- Chocolate Wafers
- Dried Fruits
- Mixed Nuts
- Shredded Coconut
- Crushed Toffee Bars
How To Store Michael Myers Cupcakes for Halloween
Best Way To Store Cupcakes Leftover
Always keep them in an airtight container to prevent contamination and drying out from the air.
They can be stored at room temperature and out of direct sunlight for a day.
How Long Will Cupcakes Last In the Fridge?
Freshly baked cupcakes will keep in the fridge for about a week if properly stored; cover with foil or plastic wrap when refrigerating to prevent cupcakes from drying out.
Can I Freeze Cupcakes
Place the individually wrapped cupcakes in an airtight container and freeze for up to three months.
When freezing frosted cupcakes, I personally prefer to use a glass or plastic container (rather than a plastic bag) to protect the frosting and help the icing hold its shape.
Can I determine if the cupcake is ready?
Yes, you can either remove the cupcakes from the oven or leave them in there.
Gently press the cupcake down. They’re done if the cupcake bounces back completely.
If your finger left a smudge on the cupcake, they require additional time.
Can I prepare them in advance?
Yes. The cupcakes can be made 2 days ahead of time and stored at room temperature in an airtight container.
The frosting can also be made 2-3 days ahead of time and refrigerated in an airtight container.
When you’re ready to frost the cupcakes, place the frosting on the counter to come to room temperature and thoroughly mix it before using it.
Check out this Kitchen Toolbox! It has cheat sheets that will help you cook easier and faster.
Can I freeze cupcakes?
Cupcakes can be frozen for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
The frosting can also be frozen for up to 3 months.
Thaw in the refrigerator overnight, then bring to room temperature and thoroughly mix before using.
Can I add sprinkles to my cupcake?
Yes, be creative as possible when decorating your cupcake.
Can I have this as a gift?
Yes. This screams effort and love when gifted to someone.
You may also try different flowers as inspiration.
Other Cupcakes Recipes You’ll Love
Do you want to scare your guests with these Michael Myers Cupcakes?
These delicious and simple cupcakes are simple to make and look creepy-cool at any Halloween gathering!
The Halloween movies inspired these Michael Myers Cupcakes.
These delectable snacks are quick and simple to prepare and will impress your guests!
Halloween is quickly approaching, and we have a treat for you.
These Michael Myers Cupcakes are inspired by the Halloween films and look great on any Halloween party appetizer table.
They’re simple to construct and look terrifying!
Believe us when we declare that your guests will go crazy when they see the eerie cupcakes inspired by the “Halloween” films.
These cupcakes’ adorable clown masks and menacing eyes will add to their enthusiasm as they dig in.
You can try these fun and fascinating recipes in addition to Michael Myers Cupcakes for Halloween:
Michael Myers Cupcakes Recipes
- 2 cups of White Chocolate - melted
- Molds for Halloween face
- Black Food Coloring Gel
- FOR THE CUPCAKES:
- 1 1/4 cup of Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of Salt
- 1 cup of Sugar
- 1/2 cup of Milk
- 1/4 cup of Vegetable Oil
- 2 Tablespoons of Vanilla Silk Yogurt
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tablespoon of Vanilla
- Orange Food Coloring Gel
- FOR THE FROSTING:
- 4 ounces of Cream Cheese - softened
- 4 Tablespoons of Butter - softened
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons of Heavy Cream
- 4 - 5 cups of Powdered Sugar
- Melt the White Chocolate in the Microwave, and fill the halloween Face Molds with the White Chocolate.
- Place in Freezer for about 10 minutes to quickly set the Chocolate.
- Place 1 teaspoonful of the Black Food Coloring Gel in a small dish, and mix in 1/2 a teaspoon of the melted White Chocolate, stirring well.
- Using a small Cookie Brush, paint the outline of the halloween Face mask with the Black Food Coloring Gel/White Chocolate mixture.
- Let dry for about 10 minutes. Set aside.
Make the Cupcakes:
- In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, add the Sugar, Milk, Oil, Yogurt, Egg, and Vanilla, and mix on low until blended, then mix on medium, until creamy.
- In a separate bowl, place the Flour, Baking Powder, and Salt, and stir well to blend.
- Add the Mixer, and blend on Low speed, until mixed, then turn up the mixer, and blend until smooth.
- Scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl, and blend again until completely smooth.
- Add about 2 or 3 teaspoons of the orange Food Coloring Gel to the Cupcake Batter, until you have the desired color of Red.
- Line a 12 count Muffin Tin with Cupcake Liners, and fill the Liners 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake at 350 for 13 to 15 minutes, or until Cupcake are done, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven to a wire rack to cool.
While Cupcakes are cooling, make the Frosting:
- In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, place the softened Cream Cheese, softened Butter, Vanilla, and Heavy Cream, and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Add the Powdered Sugar about a cup at a time and blend well between additions.
- Scrape down the Mixing bowl, and blend until smooth.
- The Frosting should be thick and creamy.
- If you need to add a little more Powdered Sugar, add about 1/4 cup at a time until you have a thick and creamy Frosting.
- When the Cupcakes are completely cool, place the Frosting in a Pastry/Piping bag with the large Star tip, and Pipe the Frosting on the Cupcakes, using a swirling motion around the cupcakes and bringing the Frosting up to a point.
- Place the halloween White Chocolate Faces in the Frosting and keep refrigerated until time to serve.
- Serve, and Enjoy!
Each Halloween Face Mold makes one Face, so you'll need to order accordingly - you can just order 1 mold, and make the Faces a couple of days ahead, and keep them in the refrigerator until time to use them.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1138Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 270mgCarbohydrates: 231gFiber: 1gSugar: 217gProtein: 6g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.
Please return and share your thoughts and experiences with me on how your Michael Myers Cupcakes for Halloween turned out and let me know how you enjoyed it!
If you get a chance to try it, let us know! Leave us a comment below, or share it with a picture on Instagram or Facebook! Don’t forget to tag us @kelly_reci_ and use the hashtag #Kellysthoughtsonthings so we can see what amazing meals you are cooking up!