The holiday season can be stressful but how about adding moving to a new home on top of it, OH MY! Moving during the holidays is no easy task, but we have some tips for you and no worries you can do this!
- Grab up FREE boxes on Craiglist, stores and even ask your friends. No need to buy them, don’t need that extra expense.
- Put all the holiday decor in clear boxes and mark LIVING ROOM so that you can decorate at least. Gives you time to figure out what you will put up after the holiday.
- Take the vacation time to get kids adjusted to the new home and area, make sure you send all paperwork to new schools before the move.
- Donate all items you don’t use, no need to bring clutter to the new home. Plus you can claim the donation on taxes, so that is a plus!
- Get involved and discover new community activities, is there a Tree Lighting or a show in the neighborhood that peaks your interest. Take time out from unpacking and enjoy yourself.
Enjoy New Home
This is also the perfect time to start NEW TRADITIONS. This is a new home you will be celebrating in and so many changes will be needed for sure. It is also about the attitude too, look at this as a new experience and having a positive mindset will make a big difference. Don’t forget the people you leave behind, make sure you stay in touch with old neighbors and friends. Social media will help you keep on that task. Post pictures of your new home for Facebook friends, Snapchat places around the new neighborhood, and of course Instagram your new rooms with the holiday decor. Have fun and get creative. Host a Dinner Party! Invite family and friends over to introduce them to the new home. This might turn into a new tradition, now don’t go all out and guess what your house does not need to be in perfect order. Your family and friends will understand the boxes so don’t stress about a little disorder. Do you want new furniture or need extra table and chairs for that dinner party you are throwing in your new home? If so, CORT Furniture Rental is there for you in many ways. You can look into furniture rental, buy clearance furniture, and relocation services. Don’t make this move stressful because the holidays is the time to rejoice.
Check out more information about CORT- No Place Like (a New) Home for the Holidays and HAPPY HOLIDAY!
Also, check out our Christmas Candle Story