The holidays are near and the city of Alpharetta is a one stop shop for snagging the perfect gift and spreading holiday cheer. From travel and wellness to only-in-Alpharetta treats, it is easy to both feel and share the spirit of the season in Alpharetta.
“Here in Alpharetta we are masters of southern hospitality, and there is no better time to visit than the holidays. With more than 250 shops across five distinct shopping districts and an array of family-friendly holiday happenings, Alpharetta is the place to be and see this holiday season, and we know just the gifts to give,” said Janet Rodgers, president and CEO of the Alpharetta Convention & Visitors Bureau.
The Alpha Holiday Gift Guide
Step up the gift giving game with these awesome Alpharetta gift ideas that are guaranteed to generate smiles from even those “hard to shop for” friends and family:
- Touch of Home: Alpharetta is a southern shopping paradise, with award-winning boutiques likeHoney & Hazel where owners and mother-daughter duo Grace and Julie are curating the latest trends. This season, home goods are a must for any stocking stuffer. Check out Honey & Hazel’s Capri Blue Candles, with sweet smells captured in beautiful mercury jars. For even more home touches and the latest trends, Alpharetta hotspots Isabella Bleu and La Bella Maison offer inspired designs and locally made goods, including jewelry, wraps, blankets, art, candles, diffusers and more.
- Taste of Alpharetta: Experiential and culinary travel are on the rise, and this holiday season shoppers can satisfy both wanderlust and taste buds by giving the gift of an Alpharetta culinary experience. Four cooking schools, including the only Publix Apron’s Cooking School in the state of Georgia, Salud! Cooking at Whole Foods Avalon, Williams- Sonoma at Avalon and Sur la Table at North Point Mall, bring culinary tourism to life with intriguing classes ranging from basic knife skills to celebrity chef demonstrations. Afterwards, stop by Jekyll Brewing, the first brewery in Alpharetta, to pick up some signature city brews that will charm even the pickiest craft beer aficionados.
- Health & Wellness: Health and wellness are two of the hottest topics and biggest industry trends. This holiday season, get active by giving the gift of fitness with a gift card to Flywheel Sports in Alpharetta. Available in any denomination, new and existing members can take advantage of Flywheel’s indoor cycling or toning and sculpting FlyBarre class packages and memberships. For even more trendy and fun ways to give the gift of fitness, venture to Club Pilates at Avalon and ask about their special studio gift cards.
- The American Girl® Experience: Alpharetta’s North Point Mall boasts the only American Girl® Boutique and Bistro in Georgia. The American Girl® Boutique and Bistro is home to the beloved collection of dolls, accessories, clothing, books and more. With exciting events, a cozy café and a doll hair and nail salon, the American Girl® Boutique and Bistro is not just a store; it is an experience worth sharing this holiday season.
The Alpha Holiday Experience Guide
Alpharetta is ready to be a holiday home away from home with an incredible lineup of family-friendly activities and events that are sure to have even Scrooge singing a holiday tune. Can’t afford a ticket to the North Pole? These holiday happenings are the next best thing:
- The Lighting of Avalon: Kick off the holiday season with the Lighting of Avalon on Sunday, November 19 from 1:00 – 8:00 p.m. This family-friendly event will feature seasonal music, entertainment throughout the day and free activities for all ages. Just after the sun sets, the 30-foot decorated Christmas tree will light up the night and the evening will culminate with the arrival of Santa Claus. Best of all, admission is free.
- Avalon on Ice: No holiday season is complete without a little time on the ice. Ice skate on Avalon’s Rockefeller Center-sized ice skating rink in the Plaza. Watch for theme nights and enjoy warm tasty treats rink side. The rink will be open November 19, 2017 – January 21, 2018.
- Alpharetta Christmas Market: Browse the local vendor booths for locally-made, Georgia Grown products to find the perfect holiday treasures and gifts. This special market will be held in downtown Alpharetta on Saturday, December 2 from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Alpharetta Christmas Tree Lighting: Play in the snow, hear Alpharetta Mayor Belle Isle read “’Twas the Night Before Christmas,” meet Santa and Mrs. Claus, and enjoy food from local vendors on Saturday, December 2. Festivities begin at 5:00 p.m. and there is no charge for admission.
Gift givers can turn their next shopping trip into an awesome Alpharetta holiday experience with the city’s special shopping packages: http://www.awesomealpharetta.