“This is a sponsored post with Lake Placid and Mums the Word Network. All opinions are my own.”
During this time of year, winter seems to be the highlight of a kid’s childhood. That is because they have the chance to experience the beautiful wonder of snow. When there is snow, it brings upon endless amounts of fun for the kids, even adults because you are never to old to enjoy the winter blast.
The Perfect Snow Day
My family loves the snow; it’s a time where we all come together and bond while having some fun. We start the morning off right with some breakfast and a nice cup of hot chocolate. For a snow day to be perfect, you have to start it off right.
One of the activities we love to do is sledding, and it bring more than just excitement for the family to enjoy. We find the biggest hill and head down full speed ahead. What makes it interesting is that we don’t always use sleds, it’s fun to use other things like:
- Baking Pans
- Boogie Boards
After flying down a hill at high-speed, we move on to the next best thing. We build a snowman to show off to the neighborhood. Each family member picks an item to add to the snowman, once it’s done we pick a unique name that everyone likes. Sometimes the names can get pretty crazy! The best activity of all comes last, and that is the family snowball fight! We split up for an action-packed event of laughter and constant snowball throwing. We even come up with different ways to have a snowball fight. It doesn’t matter how we do it; the family has fun no matter what, and it brings the family together too.
When it comes to the end of the day, we plan the perfect evening for the family. After dinner, we pick some movies and gather plenty of goodies. Our family sits together by a nice hot fire and enjoy movies, snacks, and of course, even more, hot chocolate.
Lake Placid is hosting a unique contest for everyone to participate in. They want to know what your idea of a Perfect Snow Day would be. It’s a chance for you to show them what you and your family consider a perfect snow day, show them how you do things when the time comes.
How To Enter The Contest
- Create a video in which you describe the menu of activities that comprise the invention of your own Perfect Snow Day in Lake Placid, Adirondacks, USA.
- Post on YouTube. Title the video: “Hey Lake Placid, here’s my Perfect Snow Day!”
- Entrants should use the hashtag #PerfectSnowDayADK when sharing on social media
- Organizers will select up to the top 10 entries, and those finalists’ videos will be aggregated on the contest landing page, lakeplacid.com/come-play.
- Voting will be promoted through Lake Placid’s webpages and social media channels. The finalists will be announced on Feb. 28, 2016.
- The entrant with the most votes accumulated at the end of the contest will win their Perfect Snow Day in Lake Placid represented in their video, plus 2 more perfect days to invent! (Prize includes lodging for 3 nights for 4 people and activities based on the winner’s video content/menu.)
You know what my idea of a perfect snow day is, now it’s time to show off yours. Check out the information on how to enter the contest above. For those who are entering, may the best snow day win!