This fall create a beautiful Cricut Unicorn Pumpkin. A white craft pumpkin is transformed into a cute unicorn with rainbow hair, felt ears, and a sparkly unicorn horn that the whole family will enjoy!
This DIY Unicorn Pumpkin can be reused every year as part of your Halloween decor.
It adds a cute element to the usual spooky Halloween decorations.
This particular Cricut Unicorn Pumpkin craft is so easy you might find yourself making a few of them to place all over your home!
In less than an hour, you’ll have a beautiful unicorn pumpkin that can be reused every year.
HOW TO MAKE A CRICUT UNICORN PUMPKIN
A white craft pumpkin is transformed into a beautiful unicorn with rainbow hair, a glittery horn, soft ears, and vinyl features printed with a Cricut.
It’s a DIY Unicorn Pumpkin the whole family will enjoy!
Are you ready to get started?
You’ll find the specific material amounts and detailed instructions in the printable craft at the bottom of this post.
TOOLS YOU MAY NEED
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Kelly’s Thoughts on Things may make a small commission at no additional cost to you. We only recommend items we use and love.
CRICUT UNICORN PUMPKIN MATERIALS
This fun Cricut Unicorn Pumpkin craft uses easy to find materials to create a beautiful Halloween decoration your family will love.
All you need is:
- unicorn pumpkin cut file
- black heat transfer vinyl
- white craft pumpkin
- gold glitter craft foam
- rainbow roving
- a little bit of white & pink craft felt
- Unicorn Horn SVG
CRICUT UNICORN PUMPKIN INSTRUCTIONS
First, start by downloading the cut file set, and upload to Cricut Design Space and follow the prompts to cut the eye, mouth and nose shapes from the heat transfer vinyl.
Since there is no text, you do not need to mirror the design, but do remember to put the heat transfer vinyl shiny-side-down onto the light grip mat.
Weed each of the vinyl designs and gently position them on the pumpkin.
Use the EasyPress Mini to affix the vinyl designs onto the front side (whichever side you pick) of the craft pumpkin.
Peel away the transfer sheet from the pumpkin.
Follow the prompts to cut out the felt and craft foam pieces of the design (or just cut them by hand–I forgot to cut out the horn before I shut down Cricut Design Space, so I did that part by hand).
Assemble the ears by putting the pink craft felt bits inside the white ear shapes.
Hot glue these to either side of the pumpkin’s top. Fit the horn onto the top of the pumpkin, curved around the pumpkin’s stem.
Style the rainbow roving into a braid, swirl or simple length and hot glue onto the pumpkin’s top around the horn.
In a little under an hour, you’ll have a Halloween decor item that’s sure to become a new favorite!
CRICUT UNICORN PUMPKIN TIPS AND QUESTIONS
If you’ve never made a Cricut Unicorn Pumpkin, don’t worry! Below are some common questions and helpful tips. Hopefully, this will answer any questions you may have. If not, feel free to ask in the comments and I’ll answer the best I can.
HOW LONG DOES IT REALLY TAKE TO MAKE A CRICUT UNICORN PUMPKIN?
This Cricut Unicorn Pumpkin craft takes approximately 50 minutes. TOTAL.
- About 15 minutes to upload the cut file set and print the items
- Close to 10 minutes to apply the vinyl face features to the craft pumpkin
- Around 15 minutes to cut out the ears and unicorn horn and apply the to the craft pumpkin
- 10 minutes to braid the hair and apply it to the craft pumpkin
CAN I MAKE A CRICUT UNICORN PUMPKIN WITHOUT A CRICUT MACHINE?
Yes, you can make a Unicorn Pumpkin without a Cricut machine.
Simply, use paint or a marker to draw the facial features and cut out the ears and horn by hand.
A Cricut machine makes this process so easy and the end result looks amazing.
CAN I USE A REAL PUMPKIN INSTEAD OF A CRAFT PUMPKIN?
Yes, you can use a real pumpkin instead of a craft pumpkin.
Make sure to paint the pumpkin white.
If you use a craft pumpkin you can reuse this DIY Halloween decoration every year.
WHAT GOES WELL WITH A CRICUT UNICORN PUMPKIN?
Cricut Unicorn Pumpkins go well with a wide variety of Halloween outdoor and indoor decorations.
Some of my personal favorites include:
- Pastel Skull Wreath
- Halloween Laundry Bucket
- Halloween Candy Wreath
- Cricut All Over Spider Jars
- Paper Halloween Clothespins
WHAT IS RAINBOW ROVING?
Roving is the fluffy fiber that is produced during the process of making yarn.
Rainbow roving is that fluffy fiber dyed multiple colors.
We are using roving to create the unicorn’s beautiful hair.
You can find roving at your local craft store or on Amazon.
WHAT ELSE CAN I ADD TO THIS CRICUT UNICORN PUMPKIN CRAFT?
This fun Cricut Unicorn Pumpkin not only looks amazing, but it’s also incredibly versatile.
Try adding fairy lights and sparkles around the cheeks.
CRICUT UNICORN PUMPKIN CRAFT
CRICUT UNICORN PUMPKIN CRAFT
- Unicorn Pumpkin Cut File
- Black Heat Transfer Vinyl
- White Craft Pumpkin (10-12 inch) (I got mine from Michael’s Craft Store)
- Gold Glitter Craft Foam
- Rainbow Roving (I got mine from Hobby Lobby)
- Small Amount of White and Pink Craft Felt
- Download the cut file set, upload to Cricut Design Space and follow the prompts to cut the eye, mouth and nose shapes from the heat transfer vinyl. Because there is not any text, you do not need to mirror the design, but do remember to put the heat transfer vinyl shiny-side-down onto the light grip mat.
- Weed each of the vinyl designs and gently position them on the pumpkin.
- Use the EasyPress Mini to affix the vinyl designs onto the front side (whichever side you pick) of the pumpkin.
- Peel away the transfer sheet from the pumpkin.
- Follow the prompts to cut out the felt and craft foam pieces of the design (or just cut them by hand--I forgot to cut out the horn before I shut down Cricut Design Space, so I did that part by hand).
- Assemble the ears by putting the pink craft felt bits inside the white ear shapes. Hot glue these to either side of the pumpkin’s top.
- Fit the horn onto the top of the pumpkin, curved around the pumpkin’s stem.
- Style the rainbow roving into a braid, swirl or simple length and hot glue onto the pumpkin’s top around the horn.
I hope you enjoy this DIY Halloween outdoor craft as much as my family does!
If you get a chance to try it, let us know! Leave us a comment below, or share it with a picture on Instagram or Facebook! Don’t forget to tag us @kelly_reci_ and use the hashtag #Kellysthoughtsonthings so we can see what amazing meals you are cooking up!