July 4th is right around the corner and what are you going to DRINK? Well, no worries we have some cool and easy 4th of July cocktail recipes for you! I know I’m making the Watermelon slice popsicles for sure.
Soaked Watermelon Slice Popsicles
- ¾ cup tequila
- ½ cup Sparkling Ice Strawberry Watermelon
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1lb watermelon
Stir together tequila, Strawberry Watermelon Sparkling Ice, and lime juice in a large bowl. Cut watermelon into wedges and soak in Sparkling Ice mixture for 15 minutes. Insert popsicle sticks into wedges then freeze on a rack-lined baking sheet for 1 hour.
Frozé Watermelon Granita
- 1 bottle Santa Margherita Sparkling Rosé
- 1-quart watermelon-rosemary sorbet (store bought or recipe below)
- 2 cups diced, seedless watermelon
Spoon a scoop of sorbet into the bottom of a chilled glass and top with a tablespoon or so of the watermelon cubes. Pour the Santa Margherita Sparkling Roséover the sorbet and melon. Garnish with mint. Serve immediately with a silver spoon.
Purchase sorbet from a gourmet market instead of making your own.
TO MAKE WATERMELON SORBET
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 sprigs of rosemary
- 3 pounds seedless watermelon cut into cubes (about 10 cups)
- ½ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup and 2 tablespoons tequila
In a small saucepan bring the sugar, water, and rosemary to a boil. Remove it from the heat and let it cool to room temperature, then strain. Combine the rosemary syrup, watermelon, lime juice, and tequila in a blender and process until smooth. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve and refrigerate overnight. Freeze the sorbet “granita-style” by putting it in the freezer and stirring every hour for five hours.
- 2 oz Santa Margherita Prosecco Superiore DOCG
- Fresh blackberries
- Fresh basil leaves
- 1 oz Gin
- ½ oz simple syrup
- ½ oz fresh lemon juice
Find some fun glasses to use – rocks glasses or stemless wine glasses look great. Muddle 6 blackberries and 3 basil leaves. Add gin, simple syrup, and lemon juice. Top off with Santa Margherita Prosecco Superiore DOCG. Garnish with an extra few blackberries and a sprig of basil.
- 2 oz Aperol
- 6 oz Sparkling Ice Lemon Lime
- Orange twist, for garnish
In an ice-filled Collins glass, add Aperol and float with Sparkling Ice Lemon Lime. Garnish with an orange twist and serve.
- 3 parts Purity Vodka
- 1 cup mixed berries
- 1 long piece of lemon zest
- 4 parts distilled water
- Combine the ingredients in a glass pitcher and let sit, refrigerated, for at least 4 hours – or preferably overnight, before serving.
- Serve the vodka mixed with the berry water either shaken or served strained or combined over ice.
Red, White, and Blue, Berry Mule
- 2 oz berry Vodka (blueberry or raspberry)
- 6 oz Extra Spicy Brooklyn Crafted Ginger Beer Mini
Muddle blueberries and blackberries in a shaker. Add vodka and shake. Fill Moscow mule mug with ice. Pour in muddled berries and vodka and fill with Brooklyn Crafted (roughly 6oz). Garnish with blueberries and blackberries.