This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Celebrate St. Patrick’s day with a green-inspired St. Patrick’s Day Hot Cocoa Bomb. These white chocolate cocoa bombs are decorated with green chocolate and green sprinkles to celebrate this Irish holiday.
These St. Patrick’s Day Hot Cocoa Bombs are perfect for any one who wants a non-alcoholic drink or children. Enjoy this green cocoa bomb with other Irish inspired snacks and desserts.
This Irish hot cocoa drink is a fun way to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with the family. The kids can help to make the hot cocoa bombs.
Your family can drink the hot cocoa while watching a St. Patty’s Day-themed movie.
In about 1 hour, you’ll have White Chocolate St. Patrick’s Day Cocoa Bombs covered in green chocolate with sprinkles ready to enjoy!
HOW TO MAKE WHITE CHOCOLATE ST. PATRICK’S DAY HOT COCOA BOMBS
White chocolate balls are made and filled with hot cocoa mix, and marshmallows, then decorated with green chocolate and sprinkles for a delicious hot drink to enjoy on St. Patty’s Day!
Are you ready to get started?
You’ll find the specific ingredient amounts and detailed instructions in the printable recipe at the bottom of this post.
KITCHEN TOOLS YOU MAY NEED
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Kelly’s Thoughts On Things may make a small commission at no additional cost to you. We only recommend items we use and love.
- Measuring Spoons – I LOVE my set of these!
- Silicone Molds
- Cookie Sheet
- Microwave-Safe Bowls
- Nonstick Skillet or microwave-safe plate
- Pastry Bags
ST. PATRICK’S DAY HOT COCOA BOMB INGREDIENTS
This fun Saint Patrick’s Day Hot Cocoa Bomb recipe uses easy-to-find ingredients to create a delicious drink you will love.
You can find all of these ingredients at your local grocery store and through online stores like Amazon.
All you need is:
- white melting chocolate
- green candy melts
- hot cocoa mix
- mini marshmallows
- hot milk
- St. Patrick’s Day sprinkles
WHITE CHOCOLATE ST. PATRICK’S DAY HOT COCOA BOMBS RECIPE INSTRUCTIONS
Begin by placing the white chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl, and melt in the microwave in 30-second increments, stirring each time, until smooth and creamy.
Stir the chocolate well, and spoon or ladle into the molds, making sure to coat the inside of the molds.
Pour the excess white chocolate back into the bowl, and place the molds in the refrigerator, and let harden for 15 minutes or the freezer for 5 minutes.
Remove molds from the refrigerator or freezer, and carefully remove the half chocolate balls from molds, placing 3 half balls in a row. These will be the bottom parts or half of the cocoa bombs.
Heat a nonstick skillet, on low, or heat up a microwave-safe plate in the microwave for 1 minute, and place one half ball with the open side down onto the hot skillet or hot plate, melting just the edges, remove, and place on a cookie sheet, and fill the ball with the powdered cocoa mix, and mini marshmallows.
Repeat, until all 3 balls are done.
Place the other half of the chocolate balls in the skillet, with the open side down, and melt just the edges of the ball.
Remove from the skillet, and immediately place on one of the chocolate balls, filled with the cocoa, etc., making the top of the ball/bomb.
Hold the hot cocoa bomb in place for a few seconds to make sure the top and bottom are melted together.
When all the cocoa bombs have been filled and melted together, place them in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or the freezer for 5 minutes, until chocolate is completely set.
Remove from the refrigerator, and set the cookie sheet on the counter.
Place green candy melts in a separate microwave-safe bowl, and microwave at 15-second intervals until the chocolate melts.
Stir well, and place the melted chocolate in a pastry bag, and pipe the green chocolate over the cocoa bombs and sprinkle green sprinkles all over.
Place one hot cocoa bomb in the bottom of a large mug, and pour heated milk over the top.
The cocoa bomb will melt and bubble, and marshmallows will float to the top. Stir the powdered cocoa, and enjoy!
In about an hour, you’ll have a fun hot chocolate drink that’s sure to become a new favorite every Saint Patrick’s Day!
ST. PATRICK’S DAY HOT COCOA BOMBS TIPS AND QUESTIONS
If you’ve never made a hot cocoa bomb using white chocolate, don’t worry! Below are some common questions and helpful tips.
Hopefully, this will answer any questions you may have. If not, feel free to ask in the comments and I’ll answer the best I can.
HOW LONG DOES IT REALLY TAKE TO MAKE ST. PATRICK’S DAY HOT COCOA BOMBS?
This St. Patty’s Hot Cocoa Bomb recipe takes approximately 70 minutes. TOTAL. This includes:
- About 5 minutes of prep time
- Close to 5 minutes to melt the white chocolate, and pour the chocolate into the molds
- Around 15 minutes for the chocolate balls to harden
- 10 minutes to melt the edges of the chocolate balls, fill with goodies, and seal them together
- 35 minutes to fully harden in the refrigerator and drizzle with green chocolate and sprinkles
HOW DO I STORE ST. PATRICK’S DAY HOT COCOA BOMBS?
You can store St. Patty’s Day Hot Cocoa Bombs in an airtight container in your refrigerator or freezer for up to 3 months.
To use, drop into a mug and then pour hot milk over it.
CAN I MAKE ST. PATRICK’S DAY HOT COCOA BOMBS AHEAD OF TIME?
Yes, you can easily make St. Patrick’s Day Hot Cocoa Bombs the day before serving. Simply store them in an airtight container in your refrigerator or freezer.
When ready to use just drop the Hot Cocoa Bomb in your hot milk.
WHAT GOES WELL WITH ST. PATRICK’S DAY WHITE COCOA BOMBS?
White chocolate cocoa bombs go well with a wide variety of snacks. These recipes would be great to serve together on St. Patrick’s Day. Some of my personal favorites include:
- Copycat Shamrock Shakes
- Air Fryer St. Patrick’s Pop-Tarts
- Irish Meat Pies
- Irish Coffee Cocktail
- Kielbasa Bacon Bites
CAN I USE HOMEMADE HOT COCOA MIX INSTEAD OF STORE-BOUGHT HOT COCOA MIX?
Yes, you can use homemade hot cocoa mix in this recipe instead of store-bought hot cocoa mix.
The steps will be pretty much the same. Using pre-made hot cocoa saves a ton of time.
If you have an amazing homemade hot cocoa mix recipe use it.
WHERE DO I PURCHASE ST. PATRICK’S DAY SPRINKLES?
You can purchase St. Patrick’s Day themed sprinkles online through stores like Amazon.
A container of special sprinkles costs between $6 to $15.
You can also just use plain green sprinkles.
WHAT ELSE CAN I ADD TO THIS WHITE CHOCOLATE COCOA BOMBSRECIPE?
This fun Saint Patrick’s Day Hot Cocoa Bomb recipe not only tastes great, but it’s also incredibly versatile.
Try adding a splash of Bailey’s Irish Cream to your hot cocoa. YUM!
WHITE CHOCOLATE ST. PATRICK’S DAY HOT COCOA BOMBS RECIPE
- 4 oz white candy melts
- 3 tbsp cocoa mix
- ¼ cup mini marshmallows
- 1-2 oz green candy melts
- St Patrick’s Day sprinkles
- Semi Sphere Silicone Mold
- Set a plate in the freezer
- Place the candy melt in a heat-safe glass bowl, and heat in the microwave in 30-second increments, stirring well between each heat session, until candy is fully melted.
- Add about 1-2 tsp of melted chocolate to each cavity of the silicone mold, using a spoon or brush to spread it, covering the entire cavity, making sure you get the sides really good.
- Place chocolate-filled mold in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Remove mold from the freezer, coat with chocolate again, and freeze for 5 minutes.
- Remove mold and the plate from the freezer, and unmold the chocolate spheres. Place them on the cold plate.
- Add 1 tbsp of hot cocoa mix to 3 of the chocolate spheres. Top with about 6-8 mini marshmallows.
- Heat a small plate in the microwave for 2 minutes.
- Place an empty half-sphere upside down on the plate to let the edges soften. Place it on top of one of the filled half-spheres, and smooth out the edges with your finger. You can rub a little extra melted chocolate around it to fill in any gaps if need be. Do this with the remaining spheres.
- In a very small bowl, heat the green candy melts for about 30 seconds and stir very well. Heat for an additional 30 seconds if needed, then stir until fully melted.
- Spoon melted candy into a piping bag or baggie, and cut the tip.
- Pipe melted candy on the top of the hot cocoa bombs, and immediately add sprinkles.
- To use, place in a mug with 6 oz of hot milk. You may add more cocoa to the mug if you desire.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
I hope you enjoy this St. Patty’s Day white chocolate cocoa bombs recipe as much as my family does!
If you get a chance to try it, let us know! Leave us a comment below, or share it with a picture on Instagram or Facebook! Don’t forget to tag us @kelly_reci_ and use the hashtag #Kellysthoughtsonthings so we can see what amazing meals you are cooking up!