This fall, skip the vanilla donuts and go straight for these Pumpkin Donuts. You won’t regret making them! The pumpkin-flavored batter, baked in donut pans (no deep frying), covered in a cinnamon-sugar glaze.
These mouth-watering fall donuts are easy to make and since they are not deep fried they are healthy too!
They’re so good you’ll be making them every fall.
Pumpkin Donuts are perfect with your morning coffee or an afternoon snack when you need something a little sweet.
In less than an hour, you’ll have soft, pumpkin-flavored donuts covered with a sweet glaze ready to enjoy!
HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN DONUTS
Pumpkin batter is poured into donut pans and baked until golden brown then dipped into a delicious cinnamon-sugar glaze.
It’s a delicious snack the whole family will enjoy! Are you ready to get started?
You’ll find the specific ingredient amounts and detailed instructions in the printable recipe at the bottom of this post.
KITCHEN TOOLS YOU MAY NEED
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Kelly's Thoughts On Things may make a small commission at no additional cost to you. We only recommend items we use and love.
PUMPKIN DONUT INGREDIENTS
This comforting Pumpkin Donut recipe uses everyday kitchen staples to create a delicious snack your family will love.
All you need is:
- vegetable oil or canola oil
- some sugar
- pumpkin puree
- all-purpose flour
- pumpkin pie spice
- baking powder
- powdered sugar,
- a little bit of milk
- cinnamon sugar
PUMPKIN DONUT RECIPE INSTRUCTIONS
First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Coat donut pans with non-stick cooking spray.
In a large bowl beat together the oil, eggs, sugar, and pumpkin until smooth.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and baking powder.
Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and combine until smooth.
Next, fill the donut pan with the batter.
Bake the donuts until lightly browned.
Allow the donuts to cool on a wire rack.
Once the donuts are mostly cool, gently remove them from the pan.
If using glaze, let donuts cool completely, then dip into glaze.
In less than an hour, you’ll have a yummy fall snack that’s sure to become a new favorite!
PUMPKIN DONUTS TIPS AND QUESTIONS
If you’ve never baked donuts in the oven, don’t worry! Below are some common questions and helpful tips.
Hopefully, this will answer any questions you may have.
If not, feel free to ask in the comments and I’ll answer the best I can.
HOW LONG DOES IT REALLY TAKE TO BAKE PUMPKIN DONUTS?
This Pumpkin Donut recipe takes approximately 43 minutes. TOTAL.
- About 3 minutes to mix the wet ingredients
- Close to 2 minutes to mix the dry ingredients
- Around 5 minutes to mix the batter and pour into the donut pans
- 20 minutes to bake the donuts
- 5 minutes of cooling time
- 8 minutes to make the glaze and dip the donuts in it
CAN I USE CANNED PUMPKIN PIE FILLING INSTEAD OF PUMPKIN PUREE?
Yes! You can use pumpkin pie filling instead of pumpkin puree to make pumpkin donuts.
Make sure you skip adding the pumpkin pie spice to the batter since the canned pumpkin pie filling already contains it.
WHAT GOES WELL WITH PUMPKIN DONUTS?
Pumpkin Donuts go well with a wide variety of snacks and drinks.
Some of my personal favorites include:
- Autumn Harvest Hard Cider Drink
- Mummy Sugar Cookies
- Pumpkin Pie Milkshake
- Rainbow Ice Cream
- Pumpkin Pancakes
HOW DO I STORE PUMPKIN DONUTS?
You can store donuts in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze them for up to 3 months.
WHAT ELSE CAN I ADD TO THIS PUMPKIN DONUT RECIPE?
This comforting pumpkin donut recipe not only tastes great, but it’s also incredibly versatile.
Try switching a little bit of the powdered sugar in the glaze for maple syrup to make a maple syrup flavored glaze. YUM!
PUMPKIN DONUT RECIPE
- ½ cup oil, vegetable or canola
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 can, 15 oz pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice ** see notes
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Glaze: 2 cups powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon milk
- Cinnamon Sugar for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Coat donut pans with non-stick cooking spray
- In a large bowl beat together the oil, eggs, sugar, and pumpkin until smooth
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and baking powder
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and beat just until smooth
- Fill donut pan about ¾ full ** see notes
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned
- Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes
- Remove from pan
- If using glaze, let donuts cool completely, then dip into glaze
Spices - can also use ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon, ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg and ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
Donut pan - to make filling the pan easier, use a plastic decorator bag or resealable bag
Glaze - Add powdered sugar to medium bowl, add milk and whisk until smooth
Add additional liquid if the glaze is too thick. Dip donuts top side down into glaze and place on a wire rack to drip off excess.
Cinnamon Sugar - combine about ¼ cup granulated sugar with 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, sprinkle immediately over glazed donut
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
I hope you enjoy this fall donut recipe as much as my family does!
If you get a chance to try it, let us know! Leave us a comment below, or share it with a picture on Instagram or Facebook! Don’t forget to tag us @kelly_reci_ and use the hashtag #Kellysthoughtsonthings so we can see what amazing meals you are cooking up!