A great many of us seem to be under the impression that there is really no need for any carpet cleaning services of any kind and that we can manage by ourselves perfectly fine. Simply a vacuum every month or so and checking on stains should get the job done. After all, they’re just carpets. Why bother going through so much trouble to clean them? Unfortunately, that is not the case.
What you’re not taking into account is the deteriorating quality of the air inside your home. Yes, believe it or not, if not checked, indoor air quality, on the whole, can end up being ten times worse than the quality of the air outdoors. Why? For the simple reason that . to sum it up – vacuuming in itself does NOT count as carpet cleaning. It is merely one aspect of carpet cleaning. Neither is a carpet cleaning solution alone going to solve everything.
On that note, you should not even consider trying to pull of the process of carpet steaming on your own. Only the most seasoned carpet cleaning professional know how to get the job of steaming done thoroughly. By trying to do it yourself, not only are you bound to get it wrong, but this can even result in the growth of mold patches on your carpet.
On that very note, here are a few essential carpet cleaning rules that you should always keep in mind:-
- You should call professional services to steam your carpet more often: This point cannot be stressed enough. Also, you might want to consider the fact that most carpet companies won’t end up honoring your warranty unless you end up hiring the service of professional cleaners at least every 12-18 months.
- The vacuuming process needs to be done on a weekly basis: this is the only way to keep those annoyingly abrasive dust particles out of carpet fibers. Plus if you happen to have pets, daily vacuuming might even become an absolute necessity.
- Make sure that you take out the rugs for spring as well as fall cleaning sessions: Lot of people forget the fact that a great many area rugs tend to vary with regard to their care instructions. Once that is taken care of, you need to vacuum rugs with the same frequency as carpets, not to mention the fact that deep-cleaning them every six months is also recommended.
- Ensure that the vacuuming process is done slowly: One of the most common errors people make when it comes to vacuuming is that they do it too fast. This way, the vacuum cleaner does its best work by vibrating the carpet fibers and containing the amount of dust in the vacuum.
- Blot out any carpet spills immediately: Waiting will only cause it to get worse. Not to mention that rubbing a stain excessively can even make it spread further. Be sure to keep that aspect in mind at all times. Hence, make sure that you clean any spills, the very moment they take place.
At the end of the day, you need to do whatever it takes to keep your carpets as spick and span as possible. No two ways about that, really. Do bear in mind that the average lifespan of carpets happen to depend on both quality and how clean you keep them. A carpet of reasonably good quality can even last up to a good 15 years if kept dust-free. You would do well to keep that in mind.