Straddling the state line between Kansas and Missouri, Kansas City is home to professional sports, culture, musical tours, good food, and a vibrant community. Kansas City is also home to several well-regarded wineries that make award-winning wines in many types and flavors to suit any palate. When looking for local wines Kansas City, you certainly won’t lack options. Here are some of the top wineries in the city for you to consider visiting.
The Best Wineries In Kansas City
- KC Wine Co.: located in nearby Olathe, KS. The KC Wine Co offers a wide assortment of some of the most popular types of wine, including white wines such as Moscato and chardonnay and red wines such as Merlot and Norton, just to name a few. They also host several yearly festivals and nightly events to enjoy their beverages, including not only red and white wines but also ciders. They also rent their vineyard for special events such as weddings, company events, parties, and more. When you visit their winery, the Barrel Room, with its unique design, will be hard to miss.
- Amigoni Urban Wine: with vineyards in Missouri and a tasting room located in the historic Drover’s Daily Telegram building in Kansas City’s Stockyard District, Amigoni Urban Wine has been producing great wines for over 20 years. Their award-winning lineup of wines includes some of the most popular types of wine, including Cabernet Sauvignon and Cabernet Franc. At their winery in KC, you can take a tour and see how their wines are made and also enjoy a drink. You can also rent a room for personal or professional events.
- Vox Vineyard: located northwest of Kansas City, Vox Vineyard owns the local Terra Vox wine tasting room and production center. You can make an appointment to visit, taste, and purchase their wines at their recently completed tasting room. They offer 16 different types of wine to suit a variety of wine preferences.
- Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants: prides itself on producing wine using only the best ingredients from around the country. They report a yearly wine production of 700,000 cases. They also boasted hundreds of awards since opening in 2005. Their wine selection is varied, offering Sparkling, Pinot Noir, Merlot, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, international, Rose, and sweet wines. No matter your taste or preferences, they have something to offer you.
- Fence Stile Vineyards, Winery & Distillery: is located about 40 minutes away from downtown Kansas City, opened in 2006, and has been welcoming guests to try their wines since 2009. Another unique feature they offer is a wine cave for drinking and entertaining. They offer a wide assortment of services, such as tours, tastings, gift baskets, and more. They offer an assortment of events to enjoy with friends and family, such as movie nights, fire pits, a full kitchen to enjoy a meal with your wine, and more.
- Albonée Country Inn and Vineyards offers a unique experience blending a winery with a delightful bed and breakfast. Located in the Blue Valley area, the Albonée Country Inn and Vineyards is a scenic and peaceful location, allowing you to enjoy nature and good wines. It is an ideal location to spend a quiet weekend, and it is also close to several of the sights in Kansas City proper.
Wine is often considered more than a beverage. It is also considered an art. The wine-making process is highly involved, and factors such as the types of grapes, the soil, storage, and even minor changes to the wine-making process can make a wine unique. Even wines from the same vineyard can have subtle touches that make each bottle unique. When in Kansas City, you owe yourself to enjoy the many fine wineries the city offers.