Air travel has become cheaper in recent years. In addition, the time savings that air travel offers has made it one of the most popular modes of travel. Since most people drive themselves to the airport and back home after the trip, there is a need for secure parking as well. If you decide to drive yourself to the local airport, you will benefit from off-site parking options since on-site parking can cost you an arm and a leg. Not only will you save money, but your stress levels will be cut quite significantly in the process.
There are several benefits for parking off site as follows:
- You save money – As opposed to on-site parking, off-site parking lots are much cheaper. Even though the airports will offer you both long term and short term parking options, you will often have to pay through the nose for the convenience of parking on-site. With an off-site parking lot, you will have secure parking for your car, and there will be a complementary bus service to ferry you to the terminal. The rate will be cheaper and if you will be parking a long time, you may get a bonus deal too.
- You will be self reliant – With an off-site parking lot; there is no need to get stressed about finding someone to take you to the airport. You also do not have to worry about calling a taxi either. You can make your plans and not have to worry about someone else not sticking to your plan or your time schedule and making you late.
- Flexibility – Should your flight be cancelled or delayed, there is no worry about calling the person who was supposed to pick you up, or rescheduling taxi. All you have to do is let the parking service know that you will need one day extra. That way, you will be able to complete your travels with ease of mind.
- Luggage friendly – If you have heavy luggage, off-site airport parking does not make it difficult for you to carry it. You will be surprised at how easy it is because the complimentary shuttle bus service makes it easy to get your heavy luggage to and from the terminal. If you have luggage that is awkwardly shaped or oversized, all you have to do is let them know ahead of time and that’s it.
- Greater convenience than the airport shuttle – Even though the airport shuttle reduces your costs since you carpool to the airport, you need to plan your time based on their time versus your own time. You may even find yourself at the airport hours ahead of your flight. With off-site parking you will be working with your own time.
Even though air travel has become cheaper in the last few years, what has become expensive is parking costs. This is especially so during the holiday season or in the summer when most people are going on vacation or travelling to see friends and family. By parking off-site, you can avoid the stress of finding a parking spot at the airport while saving money as well. Simply call, book a spot, enjoy any available special deals and fly in comfort.
Caro McClain has worked in the airport for more than 7 years now. She advises that, on-site airport parking can be very expensive. She has written several articles including 5 reasons to use the off-site option. Save money and avoid all hassle.