Have you ever stood at the department store beauty counter, staring at the huge selection of cosmetics? There are so many shades of eyeshadow that you almost want to try each one, just to see how they look with your coloring. Many women end up buying several different shades of eyeshadow, only to find out that they don’t care for the colors. Luckily, there is an easier way. By choosing shades that coordinate with your eye color, you can really make your eyes pop. Here are some simple tips on how you can use your eye color as a guide to find outstanding eyeshadow colors.
If you have blue eyes:
Whether you have light or dark blue eyes, you can find a color combination that will make them look simply ravishing.
* Daytime Look: Keep it simple with lavender, light brown, rose, and neutral shades.
* Date Night: Play up that beautiful blue with silver metallic shades. Try combining them with an icy pink
* Evening Look: Really darken your eyes by using dark blue mascara, paired with a smudged charcoal eyeliner. If you want to have more of a smoky eye look, use gray, purple, or dark blue eyeshadows with this combination.
If you have brown eyes:
Girls with brown eyes have an advantage when selecting eyeshadow shades. Beauty experts boast that most all shades look great on women with brown eyes, as they don’t necessarily have one complementary color. Here are some tips you might be able to use:
* Dark Brown Eyes: Try to stick with medium or dark shades, such as plum, or charcoal gray. Dark brown and mauve shades look beautiful as well.
* Medium Brown Eyes: Bronze, green, and violet colors add a rich warmness to your eyes. Eyeshadow kits work well for women with medium brown eyes, as they look great with most any color.
* Light Brown Eyes: If you have a light brown eye color should use more neutral tones on the base of your eyelid. Then apply a darker shade of the same color to your eye fold. Look carefully to see if you have any colored flecks in your iris; then try to use that color as an outline for your eyes.
If you have green eyes:
There are definitely shades that will make your green eyes radiate, as well as colors that you should try to stay away from. Here are some options for those green-eyed beauties:
* Use shades that are red-based. We all know that red shades look great with green. Find some red-based eyeshadows, such as deep plum, lilac, or lavender. Metallic shades, like gold, copper, and bronze, also look gorgeous when paired with a green tone.
* Try to stick with warm shades rather than cool colors.
* Avoid silver altogether. This is considered a cool shade, and doesn’t pair very nicely with that rich green eye color. You are better off using a gold or bronze color.
* Try not to use black eyeliner. Green eyes look best with chocolate or gold eyeliner.
Using your eye color to find the right shade helps to make your eyes gorgeous. By trying your new color combinations at your holiday get together, you’re sure to receive many compliments.