This Sweet Potato Casserole is is a staple at most holiday get-togethers. Soft and buttery mashed sweet potatoes, brown sugar and butter with a hint of cinnamon and top it off with toasty marshmallows, will be a huge hit at your next holiday dinner!
Want to impress your guests this Holiday? Well, prepare them this surefire recipe for a Sweet Potato Casserole – and they’ll be begging you for more!
Can you believe I have never made my own Sweet Potato Casserole? I’ve always been so focused on other holiday meals that relatives would volunteer to bring one to our holiday dinner. Well, it’s about time that changed!
My Sweet Potato Casserole is easy to prepare and so delicious! My favorite part is the chopped almonds that are mixed into the brown sugar topping – oh, and also: the roasted marshmallows are a huge plus. My sweet tooth couldn’t be any happier!
Ingredients For Sweet Potato Casserole
For the sweet potatoes:
- sweet potatoes
- whole milk (optional)
- evaporated milk
- ½ stick butter, melted
- Pinch salt
For the topping:
- brown sugar, packed
- cup a/p flour
- ground cinnamon
- cup coconut oil
- cup chopped almonds
- mini marshmallows
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE Sweet Potato Casserole
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services I think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, I may make a small commission at no additional cost to you. I only recommend items I use and love.
How To Make Sweet Potato Casserole
Making this casserole is a two-part process, it’s not hard, just take a little prep work. First, you will preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes. Remove sweet potatoes from the oven, cut off the skin and cut into small pieces. Lower the oven temperature to 325 degrees F. Puree the sweet potatoes in a food processor – you can add whole milk to make the food processing easier. Add the sweet potato puree into a large bowl, followed by evaporated milk, sugar, eggs, and melted butter. Mix thoroughly. Sprinkle with salt and mix. Pour the sweet potato mixture into a casserole dish.
Directions For The Topping
In a small bowl, add all ingredients (except the marshmallows) and mix with a pastry cutter. Sprinkle over the sweet potato puree mixture. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and cover the casserole with mini marshmallows. Bake for an additional 5 minutes or until marshmallows is slightly browned. Serve and enjoy!
Printable For Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
Sweet Potato Casserole
- For the sweet potatoes:
- 4 sweet potatoes
- ¼ cup whole milk optional
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ stick butter melted
- Pinch salt
- For the topping:
- ½ cup brown sugar packed
- 1/3 cup a/p flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup chopped almonds
- 1 ½ cups mini marshmallows.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and bake for 35minutes.
- Remove sweet potatoes from oven, cut off skin and cut intosmall pieces. Lower the oven temperature to 325 degrees F.
- Puree the sweet potatoes in a food processor - you can addwhole milk to make the food processing easier.
- Add the sweet potato puree into a large bowl, followed byevaporated milk, sugar, eggs and melted butter. Mix thoroughly.
- Sprinkle with salt and mix.
- Pour the sweet potato mixture into a casserole dish.
- In a small bowl, add all ingredients (except themarshmallows) and mix with a pastry cutter. Sprinkle over the sweet potatopuree mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cover the casserole with minimarshmallows. Bake for an additional 5 minutes or until marshmallows isslightly browned.
- Serve and enjoy!