This time of the year can get incredibly busy – but I always like to whip up a recipe that’s thematic and Christmas-friendly. When I’m short on time, I love putting together this Christmas Peppermint Popcorn. It’s simple yet so tasty… and incredibly fitting for the holiday season!
I love the mix of white chocolate and peppermint in this popcorn mix. It offers a great balance of flavors. Plus, the touches of red make it look so festive. These go well with the Snowman Ding Dongs that I made not long ago. It makes a great treat for the kids.
Do you like the salty/sweet combination of your snacks? If so, then this Christmas Peppermint Popcorn is definitely for you. Be sure to tag me on any pics if you decide to make it for your family!
Ingredients For Christmas Peppermint Popcorn
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Kelly's Thoughts On Things may make a small commission at no additional cost to you. We only recommend items we use and love.
Yields: 2-3 servings
How Do You Make Christmas Peppermint Popcorn
Line a baking sheet with wax paper and set aside.
Melt chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl by microwaving it in 30-second intervals. Be sure to mix between each interval.
Pour popcorn into an extra-large bowl, followed by the melted chocolate. Fold.
Layout the coated popcorn on a lined baking sheet.
Place peppermint candies in a sandwich bag and use a rolling pin to crush into tiny pieces.
Sprinkle coated popcorn with crushed peppermint candies. Allow to set for at least 30 minutes.
Serve in individual bowls and garnish with red jellybeans. Enjoy!
How To Store Christmas Peppermint Popcorn
If you are wondering if you can store popcorn once it is cooked, yes you can! Below are a few ways you can store your yummy popcorn.
- Putting it in a freezer-proof container or bag. Yes, you can store popcorn in the freezer, it shouldn't freeze and it will not taste stale or frozen.
- Store in your cupboards in an airtight container or bag.
Store popped popcorn that you have already opened for one to two weeks. Keep unopened popped popcorn for two to three months.
- One bag popcorn, popped
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 15 peppermint candies
- Red jellybeans for garnishing
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper and set aside.
- Melt chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl by microwavingit in 30-second intervals. Be sure to mix between each interval.
- Pour popcorn into an extra-large bowl, followed by themelted chocolate. Fold.
- Layout the coated popcorn on a lined baking sheet.
- Place peppermint candies in a sandwich bag and use a rollingpin to crush into tiny pieces.
- Sprinkle coated popcorn with crushed peppermint candies.Allow to set for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve in individual bowls and garnish with red jellybeans.Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 798Total Fat: 46gSaturated Fat: 24gTrans Fat: 3gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 330mgCarbohydrates: 90gFiber: 4gSugar: 70gProtein: 9g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.