Shrimp Foil Packet
My family loves SHRIMP so when my husband found a recipe on Delish; he knew he had to make it. So on New Year’s Day, he made this yummy recipe, and it came out pretty darn good. The only thing is that we baked in the oven and the potatoes didn’t cook all the way through.
What you NEED: Feeds 4-6 people
- 1 1/2 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Smoked andouille sausages- 2 pieces thinly sliced
- Corn 2 ears, each cut crosswise into 4 pieces
- 1 lb. red potatoes, chopped into 1-in pieces (can boil before to get softer potatoes)
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. Old Bay seasoning
- 1 lemon, sliced into thin wedges
- 4 tbsp. butter
- Season with salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley leaves
What to DO:
- Preheat grill over high heat or bake at 400
- Cut 4 sheets of foil about 12 inches long.
- Divide shrimp, garlic, sausage, corn, and potatoes evenly over the foil sheets.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Add the Old Bay seasoning and season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss gently to combine.
- Top each mixture with parsley, lemon and a tablespoon of butter each.
- Fold the foil packets crosswise over the shrimp boil mixture to completely cover the food. Roll the top and bottom edges to seal them closed.
- Place foil packets on the grill or in the pan and cook until just cooked through, about 10-15 minutes on the grill and 20 minutes in the oven.
- Serve immediately.
This was such a simple dinner to make, and we all enjoyed it so much, the kids asked if we can have it again soon! So we definitely will be making it again.