This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
This Valentine’s Day, make these beautiful Valentine Jello Cups for your family to enjoy. Each cup has layers of red, pink, and white jello, topped with some whipped cream, and homemade pink chocolate lips and hearts. Your family will love this fun dessert.
In this blog post, I’m going to share my favorite recipe for Valentine’s Day Jello Cups with you all. So get ready for a delicious treat!
Jello cups are the ultimate comfort food. They’re easy to make, and they always taste delicious.
Plus, they’re the perfect size for when you just need a little bit of something sweet.
Jello cups are always a hit with the kids, so try making these Valentine’s Day-themed jello cups.
These mini dessert cups can be served as either a snack or a dessert.
They are also great for taking to Valentine’s Day parties. Kids and adults will love scooping up the colorful layers of this jello cup.
This Valentine’s Day jello is time-consuming to make because each layer takes about an hour to set but it is not complicated.
All you need to do is mix each layer and then pour it into the cups.
After the first layer sets, you pour another layer over it, then the last layer! It’s easy-peasy to make!
In about 4 hours, you’ll have the most beautiful Valentine’s Day layered jello dessert that is flavored like sugar cookies ready to enjoy!
HOW TO MAKE VALENTINE’S DAY JELLO CUPS
Jello is colored to look red, pink, and white and then left to set in glasses and decorated with some whipped cream, and bright pink chocolate hearts and lips for a pretty Valentine’s Day for a special snack or dessert to celebrate Valentine’s Day that the whole family will enjoy!
Are you ready to get started?
You’ll find the specific ingredient amounts and detailed instructions in the printable recipe at the bottom of this post.
KITCHEN TOOLS YOU MAY NEED
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Kelly’s Thoughts On Things may make a small commission at no additional cost to you. We only recommend items we use and love.
- Measuring Spoons – I LOVE my set of these!
- Medium-sized mixing bowl
- Small bowls
- Small ladle
- Glass cups for the jello
- Extra cups for setting the jello
- Lips mold (Mujiang Sexy Kiss Collection Fondant Mold Red Lips Candy Mold Lips Fondant Mold（Set of 2 : Home & Kitchen)
VALENTINE’S JELLO CUPS INGREDIENTS
This beautiful Valentine’s Jello Cup recipe uses everyday kitchen staples to create a romantic dessert or snack your family will love.
All you need is:
- some unflavored gelatin
- a few drops of sugar cookie flavoring
- sweetened condensed milk
- some gel food colors – red and pink
- some white chocolate melting chocolate
- whipped cream
- Valentine’s Sprinkles
VALENTINE JELLO CUPS RECIPE INSTRUCTIONS
In a medium-size bowl, add 2 cups of warm water.
Open the individual envelopes of gelatin, sprinkle them over the water, and let gelatin sit on water for 5 minutes – don’t stir the gelatin – this is known as letting the gelatin bloom.
At the end of the 5 minutes, heat 2 cups of water, to boiling, in the microwave.
Pour the boiling water over the gelatin, add the sugar cookie flavoring, and whisk until completely dissolved.
Measure out about 1 1/2 cups of the gelatin mixture into a bowl, add the red food coloring gel, and whisk well until the desired color is achieved.
Using a small ladle, fill half of the glass cups with the red gelatin.
Sit the cup at an angle inside another cup, *(see photo) and repeat until all the cups are done.
Place them in the refrigerator for at least 45 minutes, until the gelatin is firm.
Next, divide the remaining gelatin into 2 small bowls, and in one bowl, whisk in the sweetened condensed milk, until well blended.
Remove the tilted glasses from the refrigerator, leave them tilted in the cup, and fill each glass with the white gelatin (containing the sweetened condensed milk) until the white gelatin, and the red gelatin meet at the tilted corner, and the top of the gelatin is level.
Place the tilted cups back in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours for the gelatin to set.
After the two hours, color the last dish of gelatin with the pink food coloring gel, and stir well to blend, until you have the desired color of pink.
Remove the cups from the refrigerator, and set them upright. Ladle the pink-colored gelatin over the top of the red and white gelatin, and place the cups back in the refrigerator for 1 hour, to firm the gelatin.
Top the gelatin with some whipped cream, Valentine sprinkles, and the white chocolate Valentine’s lips and hearts.
TO MAKE THE WHITE CHOCOLATE VALENTINES LIPS AND HEARTS
Melt 3 squares of white chocolate almond bark, or about 1 cup of white chocolate melting chocolate in the microwave, in a small dish.
Add a few drops of neon pink food coloring gel, stir well to blend, and make the chocolate pink.
If you prefer the color a little brighter, add a few more drops, and stir well.
Spoon the pink white chocolate into the molds, and place the molds in the refrigerator for about an hour to set the chocolate.
When the chocolate is firm in the molds, turn the hearts and lips out onto parchment paper, and smooth the edges.
Follow instructions to decorate.
In about 4 hours, you’ll have a beautiful Valentine’s Day snack or dessert that’s sure to become a new favorite for your family!
VALENTINE JELLO CUPS TIPS AND QUESTIONS
If you’ve never made Valentine’s Day-themed jello cup, don’t worry! Below are some common questions and helpful tips.
Hopefully, this will answer any questions you may have.
If not, feel free to ask in the comments and I’ll answer the best I can.
HOW LONG DOES IT REALLY TAKE TO MAKE VALENTINE’S DAY JELLO CUPS?
This Valentine Jello Cups recipe takes approximately 4 hours. TOTAL. This includes:
- About 10 minutes to boil the water and mix with the gelatin
- Close to 5 minutes to divide the gelatin, color it, and pour it into the glasses
- Around 45 minutes to set the first layer of jello
- 2 hours to add the condensed milk to one layer and set it
- 1 hour to set the final pink layer and create the chocolate hearts and lips
HOW DO I STORE VALENTINE JELLO CUPS?
You can store Valentine Jello Cups on a tray with some saran wrap to cover the tops of the jello cups, in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
CAN I ADD SOME SUGAR TO THE JELLO MIXTURE?
Yes, you can add some sweetness to the jello mixture by adding some sugar when you are mixing it with boiling water.
Keep whisking the jello until the sugar is dissolved.
CAN I MAKE VALENTINE JELLO CUPS AHEAD OF TIME?
Yes, you can easily make Valentine Jello Cups the day before serving.
Simply keep the jello cups stored in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve them.
I suggest waiting until you are ready to serve them to garnish them with whipped cream, sprinkles, and chocolate hearts and lips.
You’ll have a heart-warming tasty jello snack ready for the family.
WHAT GOES WELL WITH VALENTINE’S DAY JELLO CUPS?
Valentine Jello Cups go well with a wide variety of Valentine’s Day snacks and desserts.
These recipes would be fun to serve together on Valentine’s Day.
Some of my personal favorites include:
- Adult Valentine’s Charcuterie Board
- Sweet Jarcuterie
- Red Velvet Hot Cocoa
- Valentine’s Day Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Conversation Hearts Cocoa Bombs
CAN I USE FLAVORED JELLO INSTEAD OF UNFLAVORED JELLO?
Yes, you can use flavored jello instead of unflavored jello in this recipe.
I suggest trying to use the same amount of 4 packets of flavored jello.
Use flavored jello that would work well for Valentine’s Day like strawberry jello, raspberry jello, etc.
You will not need to color the jello since it will already be dyed.
The steps for layering the 3 layers of jello will be pretty much the same.
WHAT ELSE CAN I ADD TO THIS VALENTINE JELLO CUPS RECIPE?
This beautiful Valentine’s Day Jello Cups recipe not only tastes great, but it’s also incredibly versatile.
Try adding cut-up fruit like strawberries to the red layer. YUM!
VALENTINE JELLO CUPS RECIPE
- 4 Envelopes of Unflavored Gelatin
- 2 cups of Water
- 2 drops of Sugar Cookie Flavoring
- 1 cup of Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Gel Food Colors - Red, and Pink
- 6 Glass Cups
- In a medium-size bowl, add 2 cups of warm water.
- Open the individual envelopes of Gelatin, sprinkle the over the water, and let Gelatin sit on water for 5 minutes - don't stir the Gelatin - this is known as letting the Gelatin bloom.
- At the end of the 5 minutes, heat 2 cups of water, to boiling, in the microwave. Pour the boiling water over the Gelatin, and stir until completely dissolved.
- Measure out about 1 1/2 cups of the gelatin into a bowl, add the Red Food Coloring Gel, and stir well until the desired color is achieved.
- Using a small ladle, fill half of the glass cups with the Red Gelatin.
- Sit the cup at an angle inside another cup, *(see photo) and repeat until all the cups are done.
- Place them in the refrigerator for at least 45 minutes, until gelatin is firm.
- Next, divide Gelatin into 2 small bowls, and in one bowl, stir in the Sweetened Condensed Milk, until well blended.
- Remove the tilted glasses from the Refrigerator, leave them tilted in the cup, and fill each glass with the White Gelatin - containing the Sweetened Condensed Milk - until the White Gelatin, and the Red Gelatin meet at the tilted corner, and the top of the Gelatin is level.
- Place the tilted cups back in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours for the Gelatin to set.
- After the two hours, Color the last dish of Gelatin with the Pink Food Coloring Gel, and stir well to blend, until you have the desired color of Pink.
- Remove the cups from the Refrigerator, and set them up right.
- Ladle the Pink Colored Gelatin over the top of the Red and White Gelatin, and place the cups back in the refrigerator for 1 hour, to firm the Gelatin.
- Top the Gelatin with Whipped Cream, Valentine Sprinkles, and the White Chocolate Valentines Lips and Hearts.
- Serve, and Enjoy!
- TO MAKE THE WHITE CHOCOLATE VALENTINES LIPS AND HEARTS :
- See Link for Mold
- Melt 3 squares of White Chocolate Almond Bark, or about 1 cup of White Chocolate melting Chocolate in the Microwave, in a small dish.
- Add a few drops of Neon Pink Food Coloring Gel, stir well to blend, and make the Chocolate Pink.
- If you prefer the color a little brighter, add a few more drops, and stir well.
- Spoon the Pink White Chocolate into the molds, and place the Molds in the Refrigerator for about an hour to set the Chocolate.
- When the Chocolate is firm in the Molds, turn the Hearts and Lips out onto Parchment Paper, and smooth the edges.
- Follow instructions to decorate.
- Makes 6 Glass Cups
When you divide the Gelatin into small bowls and add the food coloring, some of the Gelatin may start to become firm before you pour it.
If it does start to set up or firm up, simply place the bottom of the bowl in hot water, and it will melt.
Stir it until you get a pour-able consistency then pour into the cups; this will typically only happen on the last Gelatin to be poured.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 217Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 106mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 0gSugar: 32gProtein: 6g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.
These little Valentine Jello Cups are sure to please friends and family alike.
They’re so good, and so much fun to make.
They’re cool and creamy, and the pretty colors will stir up memories of Valentine’s past, and parties with loads of fun.
Everyone is sure to love these. Make sure to put this one in your favorites!
I hope you enjoy this jello valentine’s recipe as much as my family does!