Taking Adderall comes with plenty of struggles. You have a lot to gain, but also plenty to lose. Adderall is a quick fix of sorts, but it’s important to understand how it works.
This is a combination of psychostimulants that affect your focus and mood – they are called amphetamine salts. This drug is mainly used by people with ADHD, but even people without ADHD use it – click here to get more info on the side effects of this drug.
It’s an effective drug that works consistently and improves your performance. It can make you feel amazing. But it doesn’t come without a price. For example, if you are already a high performer, it might impair you. It can lead to some serious withdrawal. This drug also reduces your appetite, it can increase your blood pressure and affect your sleep.
And yet, many people still use Adderall on a daily basis, even if their mental health doesn’t require it.
Some take it because they did it from a young age and they don’t know how to do it without it. Some are taking it to improve their performance and get ahead in their job or their workout. Some are simply dependent on it.
Since Adderall affects your dopamine – meaning your mood and your happiness – it’s very important that you prevent that drop in your mood when you go off it. Understand dopamine better by reading this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dopamine
You will also need to find a suitable replacement that offers you the same benefits but fewer withdrawal symptoms.
If you stop using Adderall without substituting it for anything else, you will start suffering from numerous withdrawal symptoms like:
- Panic and anxiety
- Trouble sleeping
- Possible suicidal thoughts
- An extreme need for Adderall
- Greater appetite
This is why it’s important to find a drug that can replace Adderall without causing you side effects that it does and why it’s important to find something to keep your dopamine levels high while you look for an alternative that works for you.
How To Prevent Withdrawal
One of the most important things to do when you want to go off Adderall is to find a way to prevent those serious and annoying side-effects or the withdrawal symptoms. These can make you go back to Adderall and they can defeat the purpose of you getting off it. So, before you stop using this drug, consider how you’ll give yourself enough dopamine to be in a good mood and have enough energy for the day.
Here are some of the possible options:
- Use L-tyrosine or N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine – Both of these are great at increasing your dopamine levels and helping you maintain your happiness and energy after you stop taking Adderall.
- Rhodiola Rosea – You are going to feel a lot of stress on you after you stop taking the drug and your dopamine levels go down. This is something that can help your body adapt to stress. Both this and the previous alternative are nootropics, meaning that they are better for you than Adderall but still provide support. Aside from taking these nootropics, you can also do some things that can help you deal with your withdrawal.
- Sweating – This is one of the best natural ways to increase your dopamine levels. Working out releases endorphins which is great if your dopamine levels are down. You can run, practice some martial arts, play any sport, dance, do hot yoga or anything similar to help yourself feel good.
- Spend time with friends and family – Socializing when you have an Adderall withdrawal may seem like the last thing that you want to do but it can help you feel better. The conversation is stimulating, and that connection can replace your dopamine when you are comfortable with the people you are with. Keep in mind that if you are not comfortable, it may cause the opposite effect. If you want to combine exercise and social engagement, you can attend a fun dance class with your friends or play some sport with your friends.
If none of this helps, you can see a doctor and ask for a recommendation on what to do.
It’s best to search for alternatives while you are still using it in order to avoid serious withdrawal and many of the issues mentioned above. But how do you even find an alternative for something so powerful?
Well, nootropics are your answer. The reportedly most reliable are modafinil, phenylpiracetam, Ginseng, Noopept and so on. These are designed to promote wakefulness and stimulate you, thus improving your productivity and energy levels. Companies like Best Nootropics Now can provide you additional information about this.
They are also a lot safer than Adderall, making them easy to give up if you need to. They will help you focus more and better and they will also help people that have ADHD.
All of this will let you become the new you – the one without the side effects and the one that can enjoy all of the benefits of having that extra support, more energy and better performance in all aspects of your life.