Driving in Snow: How to Safely Drive Your Audi This Winter
Driving in Snow can be risky for the uninitiated and also for expert drivers. Here are a few tips on how to stay safe when driving in Snow.
Before you set out
It is important to check for the following before you set out on your journey.
1. Windshield washer and working Wipers: Check that your wipers are working and that you have a good window washer was which shall protect to Atlas -35 so that the water doesn’t freeze.
2. Ensure that all lights are working.
3. Clean car windows and mirrors: Yes, winter makes it really difficult to get out of bed and home. But that’s not worth risking your life. So factor in enough time in the morning every day to clean car windows and mirrors.
4. Choose the right method to defrost: Defrost with lukewarm water or a de-icer for the outside of the vehicle. Avoid hot or boiling water by all means.
5. Tires for tread: Tires with a deeper tread is recommended as it would grip better when driving on snow and ice.
6. Confirm that the auto wiper control is switched off before ignition: A common problem all car owners and drivers face is that in winter the wiper control may be frozen to the screen and not switching it off before turning the ignition on blows it’s fuse.
7. Check that you have the following items in your car at all times during winter –Spare clothes and socks, First Aid Box, A blanket, Candles, Match Box, Protein Bars, Phone charger, spare phone battery, Torch with spare batteries,Spare Screenwash, Demisting pad, de-icer, ice scraper, blanket, shovel, map, compass and a square of carpet to put under your drive wheels in case you get stuck in the snow.
This article was written for Audi Peoria, you can read the full article here.