Do you want to know how the amplifier gets installed in your car? Well, Amplifier is an electric component of your car’s sound system which powers speakers and gives the higher quality of sound. Well, for your information, there are many benefits of amplifier and subwoofers such as strengthening of low-pitched audio signal and adding up to volume into the sound system.
Moreover, some best amplifiers and subwoofers are highly advanced, adaptable and efficient which can be installed into any upgrade version of your car’s stereo system.
Here is the list of the tools which are required for the installation of the Amplifier:
The kit includes,
- Ground wiring
- RCA cables
- Speaker wires
- Remote turn-on lead
Some kits do not contain speaker wire. Hence, do check the kit. You can measure the distance between installation spot of amplifier and batter-receiver for the attainment of accuracy in the length of wires.
Determination of Wire Sizes of Fuses, Power and Ground Cables and Speaker Wires
- The size of Fuse wires: Fuse functions as a shield against a short circuit in your system. Hence, you should choose this wire more consciously. Normally the size of 10 gauge and eight gauge wires are used for 25 amp and 60 amp fuse.
- The size of Power and ground cables: It is required to meet the needs of electric current to run the sound system effectively. The size of the cable depends on upon the prediction of consumption of current which is going to be utilized by your system. Moreover, this information will be given with your amplifier.
- The size of speaker wires: Size ranges from 18-14 gauge are apt for the speaker wires. While for the subwoofer, you need to have 16-12 gauge wires.
How to Install an Amplifier in your Car?
- Cut off the battery connection before installation
Before starting the installation job, disengage the negative terminal of your car’s battery. This will keep your gear system safe.
- Fix the spot for amp
Deciding amplifier location is an eminent task. Choose a location which enables proper ventilation as, during the functioning, amplifier produces heat.
- Connect power cable
Link the battery and amplifier through a power cable. Take a small wire which is cut from the power cable. Its length should be sufficient to connect battery and the fuse holder spot. Remove the insulation of both the ends of wire. Connect terminal ring clamp to the one end and fuse holder to another end.
Undress another wire’s ends. Connect one end to the amplifier, and another one is to fuse holder. Then insert the fuse into fuse holder and link it with the positive battery terminal.
- Attach signal and turn-on wire
The connection of turn-on wire is made to your car’s stereo system. A remote turn-on lead is linked into the stereo system through turn-on wires. These wires come in blue color. Insert RCA cables into the suitable RCA connectors which are displayed on your stereo.
- Grounding of amplifier
Ground wire connection is the integral task of the installation. It is connected with the inside portion of the car frame. Fix the ground cable with the help of a bolt.
- Transmit a signal from amplifier to the speakers
Transmit the signal from the amplifier to the speakers. Connect the amplifier and speaker. Simultaneously plug in input wires into the amplifier. Before testing the amplifier make sure all the disengaged elements relating to your car’s components such as battery and airbag are connected. Now turn on your amp and play the music!
If you have supplement technical knowledge regarding your car’s sound system then installing an amplifier is not a big deal. However, you should consider few things before starting the task, which is discussed above. Follow the above procedure of amplifier installation and make your car alive by playing your favorite CD playlist loudly.