Women all over the world are using hair extensions to pull-off hair beautiful and amazing hairstyles. Extensions allow anyone to add desired length, volume, style, and color to their current hair avoiding procedures that require styling and coloring to natural hair.
Pre-bonded hair extensions are particularly very popular these days amongst the ladies simply because they provide a natural look to their hair. Other hair extension types such as tape in hair extensions, micro ring hair extensions, clip-ins, and more are nothing compared to pre-bonded extensions.
If you’re new to hair extensions, you probably have very little knowledge about how to apply and remove hair extensions to yourself. Applying and removing extensions is not a difficult process, especially after you learn how to bond hair extensions to yourself.
If you’ve just got your first pair of pre bonded hair extensions, here’s how you can apply and remove them easily.
Applying Pre Bonded Hair Extensions to Yourself
Because pre-bonded extensions use keratin glue to attach to your natural hair, applying them is a little trickier than the other extensions. Once you learn how to apply them properly, it will become a fairly easy job that doesn’t take too much time. Here’s a step by step guide.
- First, divide all of your hair into sections and have a fusion tool ready at your side.
- Now start by pinning the hair sections while leaving the bottom section open.
- Next, grab the hair section that you want to attach to the pre-bonded hair extension and place the glue tip of the hair extension to the underside of your hair. Make sure that you are doing this at a distance of about half an inch away from your scalp. Use your forefinger and thumb for accuracy.
- Now grab the fusion tool and place it against your hair strands and use the glue tip of the hair extension and use heat to melt this glue.
- Keep hearing the sound of glue melting. When this sound completely disappears, you can remove the fusion tool and roll your hair together with the help of your index finger and thumb.
- Repeat the above process for the rest of your hair.
Removing Pre Bonded Hair Extensions
The removing process is a little different from applying. Here’s how you can do it.
- Find the keratin glue bonds on the hair and memorize their location.
- Put some kind of hair oil on your finger and start rubbing the bond. Don’t exert any pressure on the hair.
- Use a wide comb to comb off the keratin holds that holds the extensions and hair together.
- Now use a keratin glue remover on the bonds and use the comb to remove the bond completely.
- Once the first bond is removed, move to the next one and continue until all bonds have come off.
When you have done removing your pre bonded hair extension, give it a bath, wash it with shampoo and conditioner just like you would do with natural hair.