Fill your home with the smell of this savory Herbed Butter Pull-Apart Bread baking. Pieces of bread dough are brushed with herb butter, then assembled into a loaf and baked until golden brown for a mouthwatering bread.
This Herbed Butter Pull-Apart Bread is perfect for breakfast, snacks, served as a side dish for dinner, holiday dinners like Thanksgiving, Christmas, and potlucks.
This savory bread goes well with cozy comforting meals.
This Herbed Butter Pull-Apart Bread might look complicated but it’s easy!
Simply make bread dough, then take pieces of the bread dough and brush with the herb butter and assemble into a loaf, then bake until golden brown.
Most of the prep time is attributed to the dough rising.
In about 3 hours, you’ll have soft, savory, pull-apart bread ready to smear with butter!
HOW TO MAKE HERBED BUTTER PULL-APART BREAD
The dough is made and brushed with butter and herbs, then cut into triangles and assembled as a loaf to create a savory pull-apart bread for a delicious snack or side dish the whole family will enjoy!
Are you ready to get started?
You’ll find the specific ingredient amounts and detailed instructions in the printable recipe at the bottom of this post.
KITCHEN TOOLS YOU MAY NEED
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Kelly’s Thoughts On Things may make a small commission at no additional cost to you. We only recommend items we use and love.
- Measuring Spoons – I LOVE my set of these!
- Loaf Pan
- Stand Mixer or Hand Mixer with Bowl
- Clean cloth
- Large cutting board
- Rolling Pin
HERBED BUTTER PULL-APART BREAD INGREDIENTS
This mouthwatering Pull-Apart Bread recipe uses everyday kitchen staples to create a delicious side dish or snack your family will love.
All you need is:
- instant yeast
- some salt
- a little bit of sugar
- an egg
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- parmesan cheese
- dried thyme
- dried rosemary
- dried oregano
HERBED BUTTER PULL-APART BREAD RECIPE INSTRUCTIONS
Grease a loaf pan and set aside.
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough attachment, combine the flour with the instant yeast, salt, and sugar.
Add the milk, butter, and eggs and knead until the dough is soft and elastic. Do not over mix because this will overdevelop the gluten in the dough.
Transfer the dough to a bowl and cover with a clean cloth.
Let the dough rise.
Using a stand mixer, combine the ingredients of the herbed butter until creamy and incorporated.
Set the butter mixture aside.
Transfer the dough to a floured surface and divide into 4 even pieces.
With the help of a rolling pin roll out each piece until you get a large rectangle.
Spread a generous layer of herbed butter on top and cut into smaller rectangles.
Place them on top of one another.
Transfer to the prepared baking pan.
Repeating the process with the rest of the dough.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Cover the dough with a cloth and let the dough rise on the counter.
After the dough has risen, place the loaf pan in the oven and bake until golden brown and done.
The bread is done when you can insert a toothpick in it and the toothpick comes out clean, without any crumbs.
In about 3 hours, you’ll have a savory pull-apart bread that’s sure to become a new favorite!
HERBED BUTTER PULL-APART BREAD TIPS AND QUESTIONS
If you’ve never made homemade pull-apart bread, don’t worry! Below are some common questions and helpful tips.
Hopefully, this will answer any questions you may have.
If not, feel free to ask in the comments and I’ll answer the best I can.
HOW LONG DOES IT REALLY TAKE TO MAKE PULL-APART BREAD?
This Herbed Butter Pull-Apart Bread recipe takes approximately 3 hours. TOTAL.
- About 5 minutes of prep time
- Close to 5 minutes to grease the pan and combine the flour with the instant yeast, salt, and sugar.
- Around 7 minutes to add the milk, butter, and eggs and knead for 6 minutes.
- 1 hour to allow the dough to rise
- 3 minutes to make the herb butter
- 30 minutes to roll the dough, brush with butter, assemble into the loaf
- 20 minutes to allow the dough to rise
- 50 minutes to bake until golden brown
HOW DO I STORE HERBED BUTTER PULL-APART BREAD?
You can store Herbed Butter Pull-Apart Bread in an airtight container in a cool place for up to 5 days or in your freezer for up to 3 months.
Simply reheat in the microwave for a few seconds to warm or enjoy at room temperature and serve with butter.
CAN I MAKE HERBED BUTTER PULL-APART BREAD AHEAD OF TIME?
Yes, you can easily make Herbed Butter Pull-Apart Bread the day before serving.
Simply reheat in the microwave, toaster oven, or oven to warm and serve immediately or serve at room temperature.
You’ll have warm, soft herbed bread ready for the family.
WHAT GOES WELL WITH HERBED BUTTER PULL-APART BREAD?
Herbed Butter Pull-Apart Bread goes well with a wide variety of main dishes and sides. These recipes would be great to serve together.
Some of my personal favorites include:
- Summer Caesar Pasta Salad
- Crockpot Mashed Potatoes
- Instant Pot Turkey Breast
- Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Instant Pot Corn Chowder
WHAT ELSE CAN I ADD TO THIS HERBED BUTTER PULL-APART BREAD RECIPE?
This yummy Herbed Butter Pull-Apart Bread recipe not only tastes great, but it’s also incredibly versatile.
Try adding some pesto, chopped salami, or even caramelized onions to the layers. YUM!
This Herbed Butter Pull-Apart Bread is a savory loaf of bread that will fill your home with the smell of baked butter and herbs. If you’re looking for a simple recipe to make an impression on guests, this is it!
Serve them in small portions as hors d’oeuvres or side dishes at dinner parties, enjoy them with your family over breakfast or lunch…or just keep them all to yourself because they are too good not to eat.
The best part about this dish? It’s incredibly easy to prepare!
Give this mouthwatering pull-apart bread dough a try and see why everyone loves it so much.
HERBED BUTTER PULL-APART BREAD RECIPE
Herbed Butter Pull-Apart Bread
- 4 ½ Cups flour
- 2 ½ Tsps instant yeast
- 1 Tsp salt
- 1 Tsp sugar
- 1 ½ Cups milk warm
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 Egg
For the herbed butter:
- ⅓ Cup butter
- 1 Tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tsp onion powder
- ⅓ Cup parmesan cheese
- 1 Tsp dried thyme
- 1 Tsp dried rosemary
- ½ Tsp dried oregano
- Grease a baking pan. Set aside.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough attachment, combine the flour with the instant yeast, salt, and sugar.
- Add the milk, butter, and eggs and knead for 6 minutes until the dough is soft and elastic. Transfer to a bowl and cover with a cloth. Let it rise for 1 hour.
- In a bowl combine the ingredients of the herbed butter until creamy and incorporated. Set aside.
- Transfer the dough to a floured surface and divide into 4 even pieces. With the help of a rolling pin roll out each piece until you get a large rectangle, around 12×8 inches.
- Spread a generous layer of herbed butter on top and cut into 5 to 6 smaller rectangles. Place them on top of one another.
- Transfer to the prepared baking pan. Repeating the process with the rest of the dough.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cover with a cloth and let the dough rise for 20 minutes.
- Take to the oven and bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until golden brown and down.
I hope you enjoy this homemade bread recipe as much as my family does!
If you get a chance to try it, let us know! Leave us a comment below, or share it with a picture on Instagram or Facebook! Don’t forget to tag us @kelly_reci_ and use the hashtag #Kellysthoughtsonthings so we can see what amazing meals you are cooking up!