The holiday season is the one season of the year that people often look forward to more than others. Think about everything that happens around this time of year; it can be quite the heartwarming feeling. Sure we still have to make it through Thanksgiving, but thinking ahead never hurt anybody. It’s a common thing to do when it comes to thinking ahead of time. Especially when you have so much to prepare for along the way.
Of course, a bit of decorating will come into play, but the next best thing is the gift shopping! It’s true that everyone has a different perspective on the perfect gift, but that’s what makes holiday shopping so fun. There are tons of options out there that might fit that ideal someone’s liking.The only challenge is knowing where to shop, and I may have the perfect idea for you. So check out all of the information I have for you below.
Spread Joy With A Life-Changing Gift
Grabbing gifts at the right time is important, but what if the gifts you catch could make a difference. World Vision has known this special secret for years: a little hope goes a long way and generosity multiplies. World Vision’s Gift Catalog offers gifts that have a multiplier effect. Those effects are positively impacting the giver, receiver, and those in need.
This year, you can eliminate that shopping guilt and join World Vision’s efforts to tackle poverty and injustice around the world! World Vision’s Gift Catalog has tons of options for you to pick and choose from. When a donation is made to World Vision’s “Where Most Needed” fund, donors can choose from different items to receive as a meaningful memento of their gift.Some of the featured items include:
- The Heaton Hope Bracelet ($100) – This year, everyone’s favorite TV mom, Patricia Heaton, has partnered with World Vision to design the Patricia Heaton Hope Bracelet. The name was purposely chosen to encourage people to feel hopeful about our world and to give hope, through generosity, to those in need.
- Vietnamese Tote ($100) – Disabled Vietnamese women gain independence by creating these beautiful hand-embroidered purses.
- African Soapstone Box ($85) – Talented artisans bring a raw stone to life with etched designs and hand dyed finishes that showcase modern African creativity and provide a sustainable way out of poverty.
- Charm Necklace ($100) – Made by a gold and silver plating specialist in India, the unique and elegant charms make this necklace a subtle statement piece.
- Infinity Scarf ($75) – This fashion-forward accessory is made by artisans in India who are trained in the loom industry to attain skills and a sustainable livelihood.
- Wraparound Ring ($55) – A vibrant, adjustable ring with aqua and blue chalcedony stones set in metal, made by female artisans in India.
Having the opportunity to give a gift is one thing, but changing a life is an even better feeling. This year you can do just that, you can give a gift and change a life at the same time. Besides that these items are all so beautiful and handcrafted, they have a purpose. Did you know that for each dollar donated to World Vision, more than a dollar’s worth of help gets to children and families-AMAZING! The programs benefit children, families, and communities.
About the World Vision Gift Catalog
Since 1996, the World Vision Gift Catalog has given people the opportunity to better the lives of children, adults and communities in the U.S. and around the world through hundreds of gifts in all different areas of need: clean water, food, education, sexual exploitation, job training and others. In fiscal year 2016, more than 112,000 people donated more than 274,000 items from the Gift Catalog helping people around the world.
About World Vision
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. World Vision serves all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender.
We want to encourage our readers to check out World Vision and support their mission!
Follow Word Vision- Facebook–Twitter-Instagram-YouTube