My husband has been talking about becoming a WEEKEND GOLFER…not sure what that means, but I guess he wants to go golfing on his days off. That’s fine but what does all that entail! I think it’s an excuse to go hang out with his friends, but that is ok- guy time! This supportive wife (hehe) asked him what he needed to become a weekend golfer and here is his WEEKEND GOLFER WISHLIST:
Weekend GOLF MUST HAVES:
- Of course, Golf Clubs is number ONE! This is where it all starts. You can get new or used (our direction) clubs; we stalked Craigslist and Big 5 for sales. You want to make sure you have at least a driver, two or three woods, several irons, a pitching and sand wedge, and putter.
- Golf Balls is an essential too, you can get golf balls pretty much any sporting, general, and of course Amazon. Make sure if you are a new golfer that you grab a couple of extra boxes due to some might get lost….just saying!
- Golf Tees I guess is it important especially where teeing it up with a driver or 3-wood is a common approach to a hole.
- Well, you need a Golf Bag to put all the above items in! There are many styles and prices, so make sure you do your research.
- If you are keeping SCORE, then you need a Fuzzy Bunkers Golf Scorecard Holder.
Fuzzy BunkersOur (half-joking) company description is as follows:Fuzzy Bunkers Golf was founded about 20 minutes ago with a simple dream: to provide high-quality and non-stuffy golf accessories for the average weekend golfer – the kind of person who doesn’t tote around a $3,000 golf bag. We believe that the true golfer is not the one you see coming in twelfth on the PGA tour, or the hot-shot trust fund kid that is straight out of prep school and has loads of disposable time (and income), but the weekend warrior busting out a round on the muni’s with his buddies after work. That’s who we’re playing to, because that’s who we are, and we created these products originally for ourselves, with the thought that others might appreciate them too. So get out there with your 36 handicap and your department store golf shoes, and let Fuzzy Bunkers carry you home!Recently, our target audience has been the average, casual golfer (usually a bit younger or with more of a “new school” mentality) that doesn’t care for the traditional, stuffy approach to golfand doesn’t want to pay hefty price tags for participating in the sport. I’ve found that targeting my fellow “millennial” golfers has done wonders for the brand. We have a product for female golfers, and we’re also working to target and launch another whole line of products for female golfers (which is a very niche – and underserved – market)!