Prom can be expensive but since it is a night to remember, there are some essentials you should splurge on. Here are tips on how to look beautiful on Prom night.
Image by Phil Dragash via Flickr
Does it seem like the cost of prom is never ending and you want to skimp on a few things to make it more affordable? I understand your frustration of trying to find a fashionable but affordable dress. While you can take shortcuts, there are some prom essentials that you need to take your time on. These recommendations will help you to look and feel beautiful on prom night.
Tips for Looking and Feeling Your Best on Prom Night
- Choose your formal dress before deciding anything else as you want your hairstyle, jewellery, and make up to complement your overall look, not overpower it.
- Know where to get the best selection of Homecoming dresses 2015 and Prom dresses 2016. Do you prefer mini short homecoming dresses 2015? These dresses work best if you love to dance. For a fun and flirty look, try a sweetheart neckline which flatters your sexy shoulders and an A-line flared chiffon skirt, which breathes easy on warm nights. Many designers, including Sherri Hill, Blush, and Mori Lee offer these fun and flared dresses in an array of vibrant colours.
- If you’ve already decided on which shop to buy your dress from and you’re thinking of shopping here today, make sure to book an appointment. This makes for a smooth shopping experience since the shop attendants will be able to assist you on your visit. Don’t forget to bring a photo or sketch of the kind of dress you would like so they can provide you with options that you can try on.
- Choose the correct lingerie so you’re lifted up and sucked in at all the right places. If possible, bring your dress with you as you shop for your lingerie. Consider purchasing a convertible bra because it will work with multiple styles, including halter, strapless, and racer back. However, you can always choose to buy a bra just for that dress or even bra pads or a front-closure bra so nothing is seen. In addition, invest in the proper shapewear so your curves appear smooth and don’t stick out.
- Take steps to beautify yourself at home for a fraction of the price of a salon. You can even make DIY spa day out of it with your girlfriends. While you should avoid using new products as they may make your skin break out, it’s okay to make homemade hydrating or exfoliating solutions out of traditional kitchen ingredients like brown sugar, olive oil, and oatmeal. These will cleanse and smooth out your skin, as will rubbing fresh oranges on your rough elbows or knees. After softening your skin and rubbing away dead skin, why don’t you and a friend trade pedicures? Take time to fully exfoliate and soften your toes and trim your nails properly, finishing with a colour that’ll coordinate with your dress.
- Choose a hairstyle that flatters your face shape and works with who you are. Some hairstyles even look better with certain kinds of prom dresses, such as pairing low, tousled bun with a strapless dress or a high ponytail with a sweetheart neckline. These styles are trendy and elegant. On the other hand, a swept-up French twist or a fishtail braid will look really elegant with halter dresses or one-shoulder chiffon gowns if you have the long locks to pull it off.
Now that you have pampered yourself from head to toe, you’re ready to go to pro, looking and feeling beautiful, and the perk is you still feel like you because you played up on your assets.