More and more people are realizing that they are Gluten intolerant. Thankfully now there are many more choices for those that are Gluten free. Carrington Farms happens to be one of them, and the only one we personally use.
If Your Diet is Gluten Free, Check Out Carrington Farms
Six years ago when our son was diagnosed with Autism, the first step we took was removing Gluten from his diet. It has been shown to help many autistics, but sadly, didn’t help our son. However, many people are in fact Gluten intolerant. My best friend has Celiac disease and can’t have Gluten at all. That’s why she chooses Carrington Farms Coconut Flour. It’s organic, and naturally Gluten Free. It’s also high in fiber and low in carbohydrates.
Gluten Free Coconut Flour Pancakes
They have a recipe on their Coconut Flour for pancakes, and her entire family loves them! So grab yourself some Coconut Flour, and enjoy!
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1 cup cream (coconut cream for non-dairy substitute)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Carrington Farms Organic Coconut Flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Carrington Farms Unflavored Liquid Coconut Cooking Oil for cooking
- Mix eggs, cream and vanilla together.
- In a separate bowl, add coconut flour, coconut sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly fold wet mixture into dry mix.
- Heat griddle or frying pan to medium heat.
- Add Carrington Farms Coconut Cooking Oil to griddle
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter into the pan. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side or until top starts to bubble around the edges.
- Top with your preferred topping and enjoy! I personally love fruit salsa on my pancakes, but this part is up to you!
Perfect for Fur Babies too!
My fur brother is actually Gluten intolerant too. That sweet little frenchie can’t have any Gluten, which makes buying food and treats a problem for my parents. I make all of my (fur) girls treats, and have started making them for him too! He especially love the ones I call Tropical Treats. I use Carrington Farms Coconut Flour, and their Pure, Unrefined, Organic Extra Virgin Coconut oil. Coconut oil is amazing for everyone, whether human or furry.
Tropical (Dog) Treats
- 1/2 cups of Carrington Farms Coconut Flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of Pureed Fresh Pineapple
- 1/4 cup Carrington Farms Coconut Oil
- Heat oven to 400°
- Melt coconut oil in microwave (about 20 seconds)
- mix with flour and pureed pineapple
- Dust counter with coconut flour
- Roll out dough, cut cookies about a 1/4 inch. (or you can make them as drop cookies which is MUCH EASIER, TRUST ME!)
- place on cookie sheet and bake approximately 15-20 mins.
- keep refrigerated, or can be frozen too