Your car is an asset, and you need to keep it maintained in order to take the most out of it. An Ill-maintained vehicle may require repairs and replacements more often, which can dig a huge hole in your bank balance. So, here are a few common car maintenance tips for you:
- Rotate your tires every 5000 miles or 8000 kms
- Clean off the brake dust regularly. It may contain all sorts of road grime, heat and moisture, which may cling to your wheels. Use clean cold water and a damp sponge to wipe it off on a regular basis
- Maintain proper tire pressure in your tires, which should be not too much, and not too low
- Check the tread depth of your tires, and if it is too low, replace them as soon as possible. If replacing all four is not easy on your budget, consider replacing one at a time
- Check your accessory drive belt and timing belt every 25,000 miles, and replace them when needed
- Check oil levels in your car’s engine, and top it or replace it whenever needed. You can check it by dipping a dipstick inside, and seeing its level
- Your car’s engine cannot go without the coolant, and you need to check its level every now and then
- Always choose high-quality detailing tools to keep your car’s exterior and interior like new. Use a decent quality polish or wax available out there, and wax it frequently, as it will protect your car’s paint from fading. It is easy to apply and lasts long
- If you find a bird dropping on your car, wash it off quickly. Bird droppings have compounds that can create big damage to most paint jobs. If it is left in the sun, and the poop is allowed to bake, then it will definitely leave a dull spot on your car’s paint
- If you want to stick something on your car’s body, prefer car magnets over bumper stickers. They will not damage your car’s paint, and they are easy to move and remove too.
- Use all your car’s lights as you should, and ensure that all of them are working. If one side light is blinking faster, then there are chances that the lights on the other side have blown out. Get them repaired and replaced as soon as you notice them
Use these tips to keep your car maintained, and get the best out of it whenever needed. Keeping it maintained will also save you from costly repairs required during breakdowns. You can also head on over to Kim’s Toyota, they can help me your cars maintenance needs.