While growing up we always had dogs, the most was 3 at a time. My parents loved animals and especially dogs. They would always do something special with the dogs, play in the yard with them, take them to the lake so they could swim and of course my mom would cuddle with all three big dogs on the couch. Fast forward many years and here I am with my pack of dogs. We have six altogether, I know some people would think I am nuts, but we love animals and if I could take in all the strays I would.
My Furbabies range from our German Shepherd (Kia), Pitbull mix (Lady), Black Lab (Dakota), Husky Mix (Maggie), Peek-a-poo (Chance) and the baby of them all a Pekingese (Jax). All sizes from extra-large to small. We love spending time with them all and we make sure we play outside with them and take them for walks. And they all love to cuddle with us on the couch. We also celebrate national dog week with them and they love it!
To celebrate National Dog Week (September 20th to 26th) I wanted to share with you a few of our puppies favorite activities.
1. Take your dog for a long walk. I know my dogs love when we take them for a walk, sometimes we get the whole family together and each of us will take a dog or two. We also love to take Kia, Maggie, Lady and Dakota on long trail walks. It gets then outside and all of their senses are going and they love it!
2. Take your dog for a car ride. Our dogs love going on car rides, we pile all six into the van and we hold the 2 smaller puppies on our laps and let them feel the wind in their fur. I swear they are smiling when we bring them back home.
3. Dogs love to run and play, so grab your doggy BFF and take them out in your yard, or if you don’t have a yard, take them to a doggy park. Throw a ball or a frisbee and watch them run and jump. Doing this makes me smile, I just love watching my Furbabies having fun together.
4. Get on the couch and let your dog cuddle with you. I am thankful that we have an oversized couch. All my dogs will get on it and all try to cuddle next to us and in our laps. Believe me, even Kia our oversized lap dog, wants to be right on us.. LOL. It is a funny sight.
5. Pick up a few new toys. We are always buying a new toy for the dogs, they are like our children and they need their new toys. As soon as we walk in the door carrying our bags, they run up to us. It is like they know something is in there for them.
6. Another way we celebrate and this is something we do every day of the year, not just National Dog Week, is making their mealtime extra-special. Mealtime can be a time of celebrating with your dog BFF. Our dogs love the taste of Beneful and you can feel good that it’s made with the high-quality, healthy ingredients.
National Dog Week is a time to celebrate with our dogs and doing something extra special with them and for them. I know we are having fun with our puppies this week!
How are you and your dog BFF spending National Dog Week?
Giveaway: September 24-October 8th
One US Winner will win a Gift Bag will include the following Beneful goodies: