Everyone knows that our bedrooms should be a haven for relaxation — more than just a comfy mattress and appearance.
Although everyone is keeping up with their household designs, the problem is that people tend to focus on areas such as entertainment spaces, bathrooms, kitchens, or elsewhere that their visitors and friends can see. But what about your bedroom? Does it give you enough comfort to relax and unwind after a tiring day at work? If not; then maybe it’s time for you to invest in it.
Here are 7 hacks and unique ideas to transform your bedroom into a relaxation haven without breaking the bank:
- Keep the color scheme simple
When choosing your color scheme, here are two guidelines to keep in mind:
- Color accents should remain subtle throughout your bedroom. For example, when you choose blue as an accent color, you should also choose pillow covers and area rugs with hints of blue.
- Incorporate patterns and solid colors in your bedroom design. Having solid colors throughout your bedroom would be boring; as having patterns on everything would be chaotic. Keep your design sophisticated by blending patterns and solid colors.
Additionally, you can visit this website for more unique ideas on bedroom designs and color schemes.
- Get cotton beddings
Treat yourself and get some cotton beddings to complement that mattress of yours. You may not know it, but having some cozy bed linens can significantly improve your sleep.
Here are some bedtime benefits of cotton beddings:
- Breathable – Cotton beddings are made of pure and natural materials making it breathable.
- Soft to touch – Cotton linens are naturally hypoallergenic, and won’t cause you any itchiness or irritation.
- Get a good mattress
According to sleep experts, most people won’t know the true value of a good mattress, until they experience sleeping in one. As most people don’t realize, it is their most-used furniture. If you’re investing in a good mattress, it also means you’re investing for a good night’s sleep.
Here are some advantages of having a good mattress:
- High-quality mattresses can cut down allergy symptoms.
- Orthopedic mattresses can ease joint and back pains.
- Memory foam mattresses can relieve pressure points and support spine alignment.
- Remove clutter
Having clutter such as toys, books, and paperwork can create a chaotic environment, and having such an environment in a bedroom is surely not a welcoming sight.
If your experiencing clutter in your bedroom, you’ll need storage solutions. Here are some simple storage solutions to get rid of clutter in your bedroom:
- Install shelves on your bedroom walls.
- Use binder clips to store and organize wires and chords.
- Install a corner clothes rack to maximize space.
- Women’s shoes can be stowed on crown moldings.
- Get a headboard with storage space.
- Install drawers on your bed frame.
- Install pegs on your closet door for shoe storage.
- Keep work-related stress away from the bedroom
Sometimes, completely leaving work and its stresses at the office will seem impossible. However, you can still make some efforts to keep your work out of your bedroom.
Here are simple solutions to keep work-related stress away from the bedroom:
- Keep your workstation out of the bedroom.
- Keep your mobile devices far away from your bed.
- Change as the season’s change
Honestly, who doesn’t like new sheets? Refreshing your bedroom as seasons change will not only be fun, it will also make you more comfortable. Here are examples of how to create your bedroom environment, according to the season:
- During the winter season, you may want to have a warmer-looking bedroom by using warmer color schemes, and heavier drapes minimize heat loss through the windows.
- As warmer temperatures come in the summer, swap out the heavy drapes with light or sheer curtains to cool down your bedroom with fresh air. You may also want to swap your warm colored linens to lighter ones.
- Consider aromatherapy
Having aromas and scents to infuse your bedroom with a smell you like can significantly affect your mood unconsciously. Here are examples of scents to help you relax:
- Lavender and cucumber scents are known to help people relax and calm down.
- Warming scents such as cinnamon can help relax tight muscles and relieve menstrual cramps.
- Chamomile scent can help relieve headaches and some allergic reactions.
Having a relaxing bedroom to get some good night’s sleep will surely be beneficial, not only on your work productivity but also for your overall health. Always remember to sleep at least 8 hours a day and keep those stress away.