Halloween is just around the corner and what better way to celebrate it, than with your friends? I’m sure everyone has thought of throwing a Halloween party, but I’m here to make sure your party, stands out from everyone else’s. Here are 5 tips to spice up your Halloween party:
- Innovative treats.
- There are thousands of tutorials being uploaded on how to make your food much more appealing. You can turn an ordinary lollipop into a friendly ghost, bake spooky cupcakes, or even make a drink to send chills down your spine! The internet has endless ideas for you, or maybe you can pick up some knowledge and make your own unique treat. We really like these com/masalaherb/halloween-food-ideas
- Costume contest.
- Plain old evil witch and Frankenstein aren’t going to be scary this year. Why not hold a contest for the best costume in your party? It will get everyone hyped to have the most eye-catching get up. You can have special awards for those that have a costume with a twist! Like an actor or actress looking dead or your favourite cartoon turned into a horror movie. Have simple prizes like their own jack-o-lantern or a life-size candy cane.
- Make your house fit the mood.
- If you don’t have money for those devilish decorations, you can always do it on your own! You can make a transparent floating ghost just from cheesecloth and spider webs from stripped cotton. Simple household materials can be transformed into scary embellishments. Make sure to have a full Halloween soundtrack prepared for the whole night. My top suggestions are Thriller by Michael Jackson and Hotel California by Eagles. It’ll set the creepy night mood for you and your guests. Get your spooky funk on! If you need any more reinforcements, classic ol’ horror movies still work. The top 5 rating horror movies of all time are: The Exorcist, The Shining, Psycho, Rosemary’s Baby, and The Blair Witch Project.
- Mystery games.
- What better way to make your Halloween party entertaining without a few Halloween inspired games? My top three suggestions are Clue (a board game), One Night Ultimate Werewolf (a mobile app), and Town of Salem (a browser game). These are all top-notch mystery murder games that I have tried. It will send chills down your spine and your guests’.
- Have a team help out.
- I know having an organizer can be costly but they do handle everything. They have their own themes you can choose from. Zombies to mummies, bogeymen to killer plants, aliens to predators, they’ve got it all! Some party planners like adepthire.com.au offer special sets of offers where the food, tables and chairs, and the venue all come in one package. So why not consider having it done by someone else and spend the rest of your time finding the perfect costume?
Halloween is a time for thrills and chills. Don’t get your guests disappointed with a bland party. I hope these tips will prove to be very helpful this coming October 31. Have a spooky Halloween everyone!