Your weekend dinner never looked easier with this TikTok Viral Feta Pasta dinner. There’s very little prep needed. You add cherry tomatoes, garlic, and feta to a baking dish and roast until the tomatoes are bursting, and then toss with pasta. It’s the perfect quick pasta dinner.
This fun pasta dinner is perfect for weeknight dinners, budget-friendly dinners, date night, and batch cooking for meals that are easy to reheat.
The roasted cherry tomatoes and creamy feta cheese make this dish taste so indulgent.
Plus there is no sauce to make. The baked feta cheese becomes the sauce for the pasta.
I love the simplicity of this TikTok Viral Feta Pasta dinner.
You can add anything to it to change up the flavor like grilled chicken, olives, sauteed mushrooms, etc.
It’s really fun to make for a tasty dinner with some garlic bread.
The whole family will love biting into the roasted tomatoes and pasta noodles covered in a creamy feta sauce.
In less than an hour, you’ll have pasta noodles covered in creamy feta cheese and roasted cherry tomatoes ready to enjoy!
HOW TO MAKE THE TIKTOK VIRAL FETA PASTA
Cherry tomatoes, garlic, and feta cheese are roasted in a baking pan and then tossed with pasta for a simple and savory pasta dinner the whole family will enjoy!
Are you ready to get started?
You’ll find the specific ingredient amounts and detailed instructions in the printable recipe at the bottom of this post.
KITCHEN TOOLS YOU MAY NEED
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Sweet and Savory Morsels may make a small commission at no additional cost to you. We only recommend items we use and love.
- Measuring Spoons – I LOVE my set of these!
- Wooden Spoon
- 8×8 baking dish
- Large Pot
- Pasta Strainer
- Cutting Board
TIKTOK VIRAL FETA PASTA INGREDIENTS
This fun and easy TikTok Viral Feta Pasta recipe uses everyday kitchen staples to create a delicious pasta dinner your family will love.
All you need is:
- lots of cherry tomatoes
- some garlic cloves
- extra virgin olive oil
- Greek feta cheese
- Kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- medium length pasta
- a little bit of fresh basil
TIKTOK VIRAL FETA PASTA RECIPE INSTRUCTIONS
Begin by preheating the oven to 400 degrees.
Rinse the cherry tomatoes and put them in a baking dish.
Add half of the oil and season with salt and pepper.
Give the tomatoes a good toss so it’s all well coated.
Add the block of feta to the center.
Drizzle the remaining oil over top and season with kosher salt and a generous amount of fresh black pepper.
Bake uncovered until the tomato’s skin has burst.
While baking, boil the pasta according to the package directions.
Once the tomatoes and feta cheese have cooked, remove them from the oven, and use a fork and smash the tomatoes and feta.
Use a wooden spoon to stir the mixture together inside of the baking dish.
Add the pasta and toss to coat.
Add additional salt and pepper if desired.
In less than an hour, you’ll have a savory roasted cherry tomato and feta pasta that’s sure to become a new favorite!
TIKTOK VIRAL FETA PASTA TIPS AND QUESTIONS
If you’ve never made pasta with cherry tomatoes and feta, don’t worry! Below are some common questions and helpful tips.
Hopefully, this will answer any questions you may have. If not, feel free to ask in the comments and I’ll answer the best I can.
HOW LONG DOES IT REALLY TAKE TO MAKE TIKTOK VIRAL FETA PASTA?
This TikTok Viral Feta Pasta recipe takes approximately 46 minutes. TOTAL. This includes:
- About 3 minutes of prep time
- Close to 40 minutes to roast the cherry tomatoes and feta cheese while cooking the pasta noodles
- Around 2 minutes to smash the tomatoes and feta cheese
- 1 minute to toss with pasta noodles
HOW DO I STORE LEFTOVER PASTA?
You can store leftover pasta in an airtight container in your refrigerator for up to 4 days or in your freezer for up to 3 months.
Simply reheat in the microwave, toaster oven, oven, or stovetop until warm.
CAN I USE AMERICAN BRAND FETA CHEESE INSTEAD OF GREEK FETA CHEESE TO MAKE FETA PASTA?
Yes, you can use American brand feta cheese instead of Greek feta cheese to make the TikTok Viral Feta Pasta.
Greek feta cheese has a creamier texture than an American brand Feta cheese.
I bought my Greek feta from Wholefoods. My block of Greek feta cheese was in brine and it did not alter the taste of the cheese nor the sauce and it was perfectly creamy.
If Greek feta cheese is not available in your area, you may use regular feta cheese and add in a little of the pasta water and ricotta cheese for additional creaminess.
Using crumbly non-smooth feta will change the texture of this dish.
CAN I MAKE TIKTOK VIRAL FETA PASTA AHEAD OF TIME?
Yes, you can easily make Viral Feta Pasta the day before serving. Simply reheat in the microwave, toaster oven, oven, or stovetop until warm and serve immediately.
I suggest adding a little bit of milk, heavy cream, or water to help the sauce become creamy again.
You’ll have warm, savory pasta with roasted cherry tomatoes and feta ready for the family.
WHAT GOES WELL WITH TIKTOK VIRAL FETA PASTA?
Feta pasta goes well with a wide variety of dinner dishes and sides. These recipes would be great to serve together.
Some of my personal favorites include:
- Instant Pot Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- Herbed Butter Pull-Apart Bread
- Instant Pot Creamy Rosemary Chicken
- Chicken Francaise
- Homemade Gnocchi
CAN I USE REGULAR TOMATOES INSTEAD OF CHERRY TOMATOES?
Yes, you can use regular tomatoes in this recipe instead of cherry tomatoes.
The steps will be pretty much the same.
The taste of the recipe will be slightly different if you use regular tomatoes and it might take longer to roast them.
I suggest cutting the tomatoes into smaller pieces before roasting.
WHAT ELSE CAN I ADD TO THIS TIKTOK VIRAL FETA PASTA RECIPE?
This simple feta pasta recipe not only tastes great, but it’s also incredibly versatile. Try adding grilled chicken breast to the pasta dish. YUM!
TIKTOK VIRAL FETA PASTA RECIPE
TIKTOK VIRAL FETA PASTA
- 1-2 pints Cherry Tomatoes grape can also be used
- 3 cloves garlic sliced in half
- ¼-½ cup extra virgin olive oil depending on how many tomatoes used
- 1 block Greek feta cheese
- Kosher Salt to taste
- Ground Black Pepper to taste
- 12 ounces medium length pasta Rigatoni Fresh basil for garnish
- Begin by preheating the oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse the cherry tomatoes and put them in a baking dish.
- Add half of the oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Give the tomatoes a good toss so it’s all well coated.
- Add the block of feta to the center.
- Drizzle the remaining oil over top and season with kosher salt and a generous amount of fresh black pepper.
- Bake uncovered for 35-40 mins until the tomato’s skin has burst.
- While baking, boil the pasta according to the package directions.
- If using a non-Greek feta cheese reserve a small bit of the pasta water to use later.
- Once the tomatoes and feta cheese have cooked, remove them from the oven, and use a fork and smash the tomatoes and feta.
- Use a wooden spoon to stir the mixture together inside of the baking dish.
- Add the pasta (and reserved pasta water if needed) and toss to coat.
- Add additional salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve immediately.
I hope you enjoy this easy pasta recipe as much as my family does!
If you get a chance to try it, let us know! Leave us a comment below, or share it with a picture on Instagram or Facebook! Don’t forget to tag us @kelly_reci_ and use the hashtag #Kellysthoughtsonthings so we can see what amazing meals you are cooking up!