Frozen shoulder is a condition which usually involves pain and stiffness that develops gradually and affects your shoulder joint. The signs and symptoms of the begin gradually, worsen over time and then resolve generally within one or two years. According to recent research, the frozen shoulder commonly affects people of age between 40 and 60 years old.
Moreover, due to the high levels of inflammation and underuse of shoulders, people who have the particular disease like hyperthyroidism, diabetes, Parkinson’s disease are more likely affected by the frozen shoulder. Still, the exact cause of it remains a mystery. Try these practical exercises to ease your shoulder pain.
List of Exercise to Treat Frozen Shoulder
Before getting into these exercises, you need to first warm up your shoulder. By warming it up, your shoulder will restore with the adequate blood supply and prevent further injuries. Accordingly, warm up your shoulder by taking a warm bath and start to move gently in circular motions. To extend, you can also add some Epsom salt in the warm water to help with the heat provided to shoulders. Once the warm-up is over, we would recommend you to do a few exercises to give mobility to the frozen shoulder.
- Keep your arm slightly bend and stand in front of the wall with your fingertips placed on the wall at your waist.
- Now, slowly move your fingertips upwards on the wall as much as you can. Keep in mind, don’t put too much strain on your shoulder and do perform the same for 10-20 times a day.
- Pendulum Stretch
- Relax your shoulder and let the affected arm hang down. Now, swing the arm gently for ten times in both clockwise and anti-clockwise direction.
- Try to increase your speed day by day and more repetitions of the exercise. You can also add little weight to your hand to accelerate the healing.
Cross Body Reach
- First of all, lay down your body on the ground surface and place your arms overhead and legs extended on the ground.
- Raise your right leg upwards and lift your head and shoulders away from the field and reach your left hand towards right feet.
- With the control, lower yourself back to the starting position and repeat it for another side. Take exhale when your shoulder touches your feet and inhale as you lower back to the ground.
- Stretch out a towel over your shoulder and grab the lower end behind your back with one hand. Simultaneously, with the other hand lift the towel up to the hand behind your back moves slowly up.
- Give this gentle stretch in your shoulder and hold it for 30 seconds and then slowly release it back to treat the arthroscopic rotator cuff repair.
- Place your shoulder in the shelf, which should be in the height of your chest region. Next, slightly bend your knees to stretch your armpit.
- Give a try to bend your knees as more profound as your shoulder heels and follow this for 10-20 times a day.
Tackling a stubborn in your shoulder is seemingly a daunting task, but still, it could be treated if diagnosed early. To maximize your results quickly, perform these exercises for at least five days a week. Moreover, it’s important to maintain a healthy diet with a perfect plan for seven days. Sometimes, it is acceptable to eat your favorite food but make sure to drink sufficient water and eat food item controllably. If in case, your pain and condition of your frozen shoulder gets severe, make sure to contact your physician and they’ll recommend you a shoulder surgery based on your health conditions.