A car is one of the most significant investments and possessions of an individual. It needs to be taken care of properly and maintained properly. If it is not maintained properly, the performance of the car tends to go down and your level of worry goes up.
So, if you are worried about your car, well, here are some expert tips from a professional car mechanic which will help you keep your car in the perfect condition. The tips are –
- First and foremost, check the car fluids. Car fluids include brake fluid, windshield washer fluid, anti-freeze, transmission fluid, power steering fluid, and oil.
- Make sure the car fluids are topped up. Get some additional bottles of each type of fluids and keep them in the trunk so that you always have a backup.
- If your wipers tend to smear your windshield during the rainy season, then, replace them immediately.
- Ensure that the battery of the car and the cables are properly attached and corrosion free. The average lifespan of a car battery is 3-5 years.
- Check out the brakes of the car. Ensure that the brakes are at a 50% level. If it is lower, and you have clocked more than 1000 miles, or plan to drive in the mountains, have the brakes checked.
- Ensure that all the springs, struts, and shocks of the car are in proper working condition. If they are not, replace them immediately.
- Give your car a tune up. If you did a tune up quite a long time before, then go to an auto shop and give your car the necessary tune-up it requires.
- Ensure that all the light signals of the car are working properly. This comprises of taillights, headlights, turn signals, and brake lights. If your car is a truck, then, ensure that all running lights are in working condition.
- Check the car tires. If the tires show sign of wear and tear, replace the tires of the car. Check the wheel alignment also. Ensure that all the four tires and the backup tires of the car have the proper tire pressure.
- Ensure that the ‘Check Engine’ light of the car and other warning lights related to maintenance are not lit. If some of them are, then, get the associated problem fixed.
So, if you follow the tips given above, then your car will have a long life and will give you a minimum amount of trouble for the foreseeable future. Last but not the least, have an extra set of car keys with you, in case you lose your main set. Maintaining your car is of utmost importance because a car is an asset which stays with you for a long time.
If you are looking to get a tune up before your next road trip, then head on down to Puente Hills Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram!