When I head to Olive Garden, there is one food that I can’t pass up. Breadsticks from Olive Garden are the best thing ever. There is something about dipping these delicious pieces of bread in my soup that makes me happy.
I can’t always go to Olive Garden and in that case, I had to ensure I could have these breadsticks anytime I wanted. I have created Olive Garden Breadsticks that you can make right in your own kitchen. You no longer need to go to Olive Garden to get these breadsticks. I encourage you to make these as well because you will be in bread heaven.
Although nothing will ever quite do the real Olive Garden Breadsticks justice, these do the trick. These are especially great if you live nowhere close to Olive Garden and need a fix. Go ahead and make these and let me know what you think.
Olive Garden Breadsticks Copycat Recipe
- 1 1/2 Cup Water
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Yeast
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 4 Cup Flour
- 4 tbsp Melted butter
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Kosher Salt
1. Using a stand mixer add your oil, water, sugar, salt, and yeast.
2. Mix to combine
3. Let the mix sit in the bowl for 10 minutes to let the yeast to begin to bloom.
4. Begin to add your flour while you have the mix on low speed, it will be to form a dough mixture.
5. Continue to mix until it forms a ball.
6. Use a large glass bowl and spray it down with non-stick spray.
7. Take your dough ball from the mixer and add it to the bowl.
8. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and set to the side for 1 hour.
9. You will notice the dough ball doubles in size.
10. Before you uncover the dough ball take your baking sheets and spread a thin layer of great ( cooking oil ) on the baking tray.
11. Now take a cutting board and cover it with flour.
12. Place the dough ball on the board and cut it half.
13. Now cut the half into 1' thick strips
14. Begin to roll the dough strips to create the rounded shape
15. When placing the strips on the baking sheet making sure to leave a 2" gap in-between each strip.
16. Cover the baking sheet with plastic wrap loosely and set to the side for 1 hour.
17. Preheat oven to 350.
18. In a small bowl combine the garlic and melted butter and stir to combine.
19. Brush breadsticks with butter and sprinkle with salt.
20. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Remove from the oven and coat with the garlic butter mixture.