Valentine’s day is right around the corner, and do you have any idea what you will get the love of your life. Me not really maybe a nice dinner just the two of us. There is this cute book out, and it’s called Making Love Potions; herbs are hot! And in Making Love Potions, best-selling author Stephanie L. Tourles shows you how to bring that heat into your bedroom.
Tourles playfully presents 64 easy recipes for natural body oils, balms, tonics, bath blends, and sweet treats to share with your special someone. This celebration of life and pleasure arouses the senses with such irresistible recipes as “Come Hither” Body Powder, Cocoa-Chai “Kiss ‘n’ Make Up” Lip Butter and Vanilla Intrigue Massage Oil. Most recipes use simple, common ingredients, making them both easy and quick to prepare.
With beautiful illustrations and engaging explanations of the power that herbs, flowers, and natural oils have over our physical bodies, Making Love Potions is the perfect gift for herb lovers — and all lovers — everywhere.
From teas and cordials, to linen sprays and massage oils Tourles presents a bevy of recipes that will delight the senses. Ingredients range from herbs, liqueurs, and chocolate to essential oils and flowers. Every sense will be tickled if you choose to try them and the stunning illustrations will make the tome itself a delight.
How about make something that will please your man or woman, and a romantic night would be a hot oil massage with all natural ingredients. The ideas are plenty , make this a night to remember .
Fruity-Minty Kissing Balm
Intensify your lip-lockin’ pleasure with this silky-textured, emollient lip balm. It delivers a succulent blend of sweet fruit and mint. Note that the recipe calls for refined shea butter; you can use unrefined shea butter, but its stronger fragrance and flavor will tend to mask the fruity-minty aroma and taste.
Makes about ¼ cup (four ½-ounce containers)
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon sunflower or almond oil (or your favorite neutral oil)
- 1 teaspoon castor oil
- 2 teaspoons refined shea butter
- 1 teaspoon beeswax
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- 8 drops sweet orange essential oil (see variation below)
- 4 drops spearmint essential oil
- Combine the sunflower oil, castor oil, shea butter, beeswax, and honey in a very small saucepan or double boiler and warm over low heat until the solids are just melted. Remove from the heat and let cool slightly for a few minutes, stirring a few times to blend.
- Add the sweet orange and spearmint essential oils, then steadily beat the mixture with a small spoon for a minute or two, until it begins to thicken slightly and becomes opaque. (This ensures that the water-based honey is thoroughly incorporated.)
- Slowly pour the liquid balm into storage containers (I like ½-ounce jars or tins). Cap and label, then set aside for 4 hours to let the ingredients synergize and the balm thicken. For maximum aroma and taste, use within one year.
To keep your lips in tip-top condition, apply throughout the day, as desired, or before and after some passionate kissing.
As a tasty alternative, use either cherry or strawberry flavoring oil instead of the sweet orange essential oil. Add the herb oil to taste, blending it in 1 drop at a time. A little goes a long way!
Imagine kissing your man with, this on your lips .