Try out this Golden Oreo Bark. It’s a twist on Cookies and Cream bark. Instead of chocolate sandwich cookies, vanilla sandwich cookies are used. The vanilla sandwich cookies taste perfect with the flavor of the white chocolate.
This two-ingredient chocolate bark is made up of only white chocolate and chopped up cookies. It’s a perfect snack for munching on while watching movies, enjoying a cup of coffee, or giving to the kids as a snack.
This Golden Oreo Bark could be added to your children’s school lunches as a little treat.
Golden Oreo Bark also makes a great DIY gift! This pretty bark can be wrapped in candy gift bags and given as a gift at Christmas or Easter. It’s easy to make and budget-friendly and everyone will love receiving some yummy cookie flavored chocolate.
Who doesn’t love Oreos? They’re one of the best snacks ever invented and they’re perfect for any occasion. We just made them better.
This time, we combined everyone’s favorite cookie with chocolate and a few other delicious ingredients to create this absolutely irresistible Golden Oreo Bark Recipe.
You can never have too many of these treats on hand, so whip up a batch today!
In about an hour, you’ll have white chocolate bark with chunks of vanilla sandwich cookies sprinkled throughout ready to enjoy!
HOW TO MAKE GOLDEN OREO BARK
White chocolate is melted and mixed with pieces of vanilla sandwich cookies and set until hard to create a delicious snack the whole family will enjoy! Are you ready to get started?
You’ll find the specific ingredient amounts and detailed instructions in the printable recipe at the bottom of this post.
KITCHEN TOOLS YOU MAY NEED
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Kelly’s Thoughts On Things may make a small commission at no additional cost to you. We only recommend items we use and love.
- Measuring Spoons – I LOVE my set of these!
- Chocolate Silicone Mold
- Cutting Board
- Microwave-safe bowl
GOLDEN OREO BARK INGREDIENTS
This fun and easy Golden Oreo Bark recipe uses everyday kitchen staples to create a delicious snack your family will love. All you need is:
- white chocolate chips
- vanilla sandwich cookies
GOLDEN OREO BARK RECIPE INSTRUCTIONS
Using a knife, coarsely chop up 15 to 18 vanilla sandwich cookies into small pieces and set aside.
Pour 1 bag of the white chocolate chips into a microwave-safe bowl.
Microwave in 25-second intervals, stirring after every 25 seconds so the white chocolate doesn’t overheat. You want to melt it until it is completely smooth and free of lumps.
Pour a small amount into your chocolate mold, just until it reaches the top of the mold shapes. You’ll need to use a silicone spatula to spread it around evenly.
Allow it to set. I put mine in the refrigerator until it was completely set, about 20 minutes.
Melt the second bag of white chocolate chips and stir in most of the chopped cookies into the melted chocolate.
Scrape the white chocolate mixed with cookies over the mold on top of the first layer, using the spatula to spread it out evenly.
Sprinkle the remaining cookies on top of the white chocolate, and gently press them to adhere to the chocolate.
Refrigerate the mold for half an hour or until it’s completely solid, then pop out of the pan and cut.
Don’t be tempted to pull it out of the pan until it’s ready or the cute patterns won’t turn out!
In about 1 hour, you’ll have a yummy white chocolate bark treat that’s sure to become a new favorite!
GOLDEN OREO BARK TIPS AND QUESTIONS
If you’ve never made chocolate bark using cookies, don’t worry! Below are some common questions and helpful tips.
Hopefully, this will answer any questions you may have. If not, feel free to ask in the comments and I’ll answer the best I can.
HOW LONG DOES IT REALLY TAKE TO MAKE GOLDEN OREO BARK?
This Golden Oreo Bark recipe takes approximately 60 minutes. TOTAL. This includes:
- About 3 minutes to chop the cookies
- Close to 22 minutes to melt the white chocolate and pour it into the mold and allow to set
- Around 3 minutes to melt more white chocolate and mix it with cookies
- 2 minutes to spread the second layer over the mold
- 30 minutes to set the chocolate bark
HOW DO I STORE GOLDEN OREO BARK?
You can store Golden Oreo Bark in an airtight container in a cool place for up to 5 days.
CAN I USE CHOCOLATE CHIPS INSTEAD OF WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIPS?
Yes, you can use chocolate chips instead of white chocolate chips to make this chocolate bark. Dark or milk chocolate chips will both work great.
The recipe will not taste the same if you are using different chocolate but it will still taste great. The white chocolate and vanilla cookies complement each other very well.
CAN I MAKE GOLDEN OREO BARK AHEAD OF TIME?
Yes, you can easily make Golden Oreo Bark ahead of time. Simply keep the bark stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
WHAT GOES WELL WITH GOLDEN OREO BARK?
Golden Oreo Bark goes well with a wide variety of snacks and drinks. These recipes would be great to serve together.
Some of my personal favorites include:
- Red White and Blue Trifle
- Sweet Jarcuterie
- Rainbow Ice Cream
- Chocolate Covered Pretzel Rods
- Thin Mint Shooters
CAN I USE CHOCOLATE SANDWICH COOKIES INSTEAD OF VANILLA SANDWICH COOKIES?
Yes, you can use chocolate sandwich cookies in this recipe instead of vanilla sandwich cookies. The steps will be pretty much the same.
The bark will have more cookies and cream taste if you use chocolate sandwich cookies instead of vanilla.
WHAT ELSE CAN I ADD TO THIS GOLDEN OREO BARK RECIPE?
This fun Golden Oreo Bark recipe not only tastes great, but it’s also incredibly versatile. Try adding some colorful sprinkles to add a fun touch to this white chocolate bark. YUM!
GOLDEN OREO BARK RECIPE
- 2 bags White Chocolate Chips
- 15 to 18 Chocolate Sandwich Cookies vanilla
- Using a knife, coarsely chop up 15 to 18 chocolate sandwich cookies into small pieces. Don’t chop them so much that they turn into fine crumbs – you want them to have some texture and crunch in the final product!
- Pour 1 bag of the white chocolate chips into a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 25 second intervals, stirring after every 25 seconds so the chocolate doesn’t overheat. You want to melt it until it is completely smooth and free of lumps.
- Pour a small amount into your Spring Bark Mold, just until it reaches the top of the mold shapes. You’ll need to use a silicone spatula to spread it around evenly.
- Allow it to set. I put mine in the refrigerator until it was completely set, about 20 minutes.
- Melt the second bag of white chocolate chips and stir in most of the chopped cookies into the melted chocolate.
- Scrape the candy out into the mold on top of the first layer, using the spatula to spread it out evenly.
- Sprinkle the remaining cookies on top of the candy, and gently press them to adhere to the chocolate.
- Refrigerate the mold for half an hour or until it’s completely solid, then pop out of the pan and cut. Don’t be tempted to pull it out of the pan until it’s ready or the cute patterns won’t turn out!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 120Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 47mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 2g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.
This recipe is a twist on the classic cookies and cream bark. Instead of chocolate sandwich cookies, vanilla sandwich cookies are used.
The vanilla flavor pairs perfectly with the white chocolate for an Oreo Bark that everyone will love! Give this Golden Oreo Bark a try today so you can experience it too!
I hope you enjoy this snack recipe as much as my family does!
If you get a chance to try it, let us know! Leave us a comment below, or share it with a picture on Instagram or Facebook! Don’t forget to tag us @kelly_reci_ and use the hashtag #Kellysthoughtsonthings so we can see what amazing meals you are cooking up!