On Valentine’s Day make this romantic Adult Valentine’s Day Charcuterie Board. Fill a wooden board with assorted meats and cheeses and add romantic touches with chocolate-dipped strawberries and chocolate bowls filled with sweet dips.
It’s the perfect way to celebrate Valentine’s Day!
This Valentine’s Day Charcuterie Board is perfect for an appetizer before a romantic dinner, date night snack, or a late-night snack at home while watching romantic comedies.
You can make it any time of the year as a romance-inspired snack.
This Valentine’s Day inspired charcuterie board can be made with a variety of meats and cheeses. It’s up to your taste buds.
You can fill it with higher-end meats like prosciutto or deli meats, it’s up to you.
In less than 25 minutes, you’ll have a sample of all of your favorite things to snack on, from yummy cheeses to tasty meats, and apple slices dipped in caramel ready to enjoy!
HOW TO MAKE AN ADULT VALENTINE’S DAY CHARCUTERIE BOARD
Assorted meats, cheeses, fruit, and nuts are assembled with romantic pieces like chocolate-dipped strawberries, and chocolate bowls with caramel dipping sauce for a delicious appetizer you will love!
Are you ready to get started?
You’ll find the specific ingredient amounts and detailed instructions in the printable recipe at the bottom of this post.
KITCHEN TOOLS YOU MAY NEED
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Kelly’s Thoughts On Things may make a small commission at no additional cost to you. We only recommend items we use and love.
- Charcuterie Board (Large Wooden Cutting Board or Large Wooden Turntable)
- Presentation Bowls
- Edible Chocolate Heart Bowls
- Cutting Board
VALENTINE’S DAY CHARCUTERIE BOARD INGREDIENTS
This romantic Valentine’s Day Charcuterie Board uses easy to find ingredients to create a delicious appetizer your family will love.
All you need is:
- chocolate dipped strawberries
- assorted deli meat
- assorted cheeses
- chocolate, caramel, and or cream cheese fruit dip
- dried fruit
VALENTINE’S DAY CHARCUTERIE BOARD INSTRUCTIONS
Begin by taking your clean wooden board and placing deli meat on it. I suggest rolling the deli meat to add visual interest to your presentation.
Place the meat on the opposite side of the board with the fruit. Cut the deli cheese into fourths and set aside.
Place chocolate-dipped strawberries directly onto your board or in their own cupcake liner.
Arrange the strawberries in a nice full presentation to serve as the board anchor.
Decide where to place edible chocolate heart bowls and then fill them with dip of choice.
Build up the crackers and cheeses next. Add in your fillers like fresh and dried fruit, and plus nuts.
The key to creating a robust and appealing board is to cover as much of the board as possible.
If you’re going for a picture-perfect board remember more is better and the color is KING!
n less than 25 minutes, you’ll have a romantic appetizer that’s sure to become a new favorite!
VALENTINE’S DAY CHARCUTERIE BOARD TIPS AND QUESTIONS
If you’ve never made Valentine’s Day-themed charcuterie board, don’t worry! Below are some common questions and helpful tips.
Hopefully, this will answer any questions you may have.
If not, feel free to ask in the comments and I’ll answer the best I can.
HOW LONG DOES IT REALLY TAKE TO MAKE A VALENTINE’S DAY CHARCUTERIE BOARD?
This Valentine’s Day Charcuterie Board takes approximately 21 minutes. TOTAL. This includes:
- About 5 minutes of prep time
- Close to 5 minutes to roll the meat nicely
- Around 3 minutes to slice the cheeses
- 3 minutes to fill the bowls with sweet dips
- 5 minutes to assemble the board
HOW DO I STORE LEFTOVER FOOD FROM A CHARCUTERIE BOARD?
You can store leftover meats, cheeses, and fruit from a charcuterie board in separate airtight containers in your refrigerator for up to 3 days.
CAN I MAKE A CHARCUTERIE BOARD AHEAD OF TIME?
Yes, you can easily make a Charcuterie Board ahead of time. Simply, slice the cheese and place it in an airtight container.
Place the meat in an airtight container. Make the chocolate-dipped strawberries and place them in an airtight container.
Place all the containers in the refrigerator.
When you are ready to serve the charcuterie board, assemble it with everything.
WHAT GOES WELL WITH AN ADULT VALENTINE’S DAY CHARCUTERIE BOARD?
A Valentine’s Day theme charcuterie board goes well with a wide variety of romantic snacks. These recipes would be great to serve together.
Some of my personal favorites include:
- Roll Out Red Velvet Cookies
- Heart-Shaped Cocoa Bombs
- Conversation Hearts Cookies
- Kielbasa Bacon Bites
- Champagne Sangria
HOW DO I MAKE CHOCOLATE DIPPED STRAWBERRIES?
You can easily make chocolate-dipped strawberries by taking clean strawberries and dipping them into melted chocolate chips and allowing them to cool until the chocolate is hardened.
You can also follow my recipe for quick chocolate-dipped strawberries.
HOW DO I MAKE CHOCOLATE PRESENTATION BOWLS?
You can make round chocolate presentation bowls by taking a bowl and bowling it up to a small size and dipping the blown-up balloon bottom in melted chocolate.
Then allow the chocolate to harden and then pop the balloon.
To make heart-shaped presentation bowls, you need to use a heart-shaped silicone mold.
Take melted chocolate and brush it inside the mold and allow it to harden.
Then pop out the heart-shaped chocolate mold.
WHAT ELSE CAN I ADD TO THIS VALENTINE’S DAY CHARCUTERIE BOARD?
This romantic Valentine’s Day Charcuterie Board not only tastes great, but it’s also incredibly versatile.
Try baking brie and adding a sweet jam-like blueberry jam or drizzle with honey.
Then take crackers and dip them into the warm brie. YUM!
VALENTINE’S DAY CHARCUTERIE BOARD RECIPE
VALENTINE’S DAY CHARCUTERIE BOARD
- Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
- Deli Meat pictured ham and turkey
- Deli Sliced Cheeses pictured pepper jack and swiss
- Nuts cashews pictured
- Fruit Apple & Grapes pictured
- Crackers Toasted Party Pack or any Cracker Trio
- Chocolate Caramel and or Cream Cheese Fruit Dip (store-bought)
- Dried Fruit Dried pineapple pictured
- Roll the deli meat to add visual interest to your presentation.
- Cut the deli cheese into fourths and set aside
- Place Chocolate Covered Berries directly onto your board or in their own cupcake liner.
- Arrange the strawberries in a nice full presentation to serve as the board anchor.
- Decide where to place edible chocolate heart bowls and then fill them with a dip of choice.
- Build up the crackers and cheeses next.
- Place the meat on the opposite side of the board with the fruit
- Add in your fillers (fresh and dried fruit, plus nuts)
- The key to creating a robust and appealing board is to cover as much of the board as possible.
- So if you’re going for a picture-perfect board remember more is better and the color is KING!
- Serve and Enjoy
I hope you enjoy this Valentine’s Day appetizer recipe as much as my family does!
If you get a chance to try it, let us know! Leave us a comment below, or share it with a picture on Instagram or Facebook! Don’t forget to tag us @kelly_reci_ and use the hashtag #Kellysthoughtsonthings so we can see what amazing meals you are cooking up!