This October, in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, al fresco all natural, best known for gourmet chicken products, is encouraging you to #fightbackbetter against breast cancer by joining “al fresco Team Pink.”
Kellys Thoughts On Things Challenges our READERS to Join al fresco Team Pink!
How do you Fight Back Better on al fresco Team Pink? Complete ONE, please
1. Identify one person in your life who has or had breast cancer and do something to make their lives easier. This could be your friend, your mom, your neighbor or a friend’s friend. If you don’t know anyone, we are happy to help you identify someone. A few ideas for how to help are:
-Make this person a nutritious meal
-Help them tidy up their kitchen
-Take them for a Mani/Pedi
-Leave them a basket of goodies just because
We ask you to share what you did and who you helped then share on your social channels using the hashtag #fightbackbetter.
2. Participate in a breast cancer event/walk. al fresco supports the American Cancer Society’s Making Strides Walk in Boston, but there are events all over the country.
Find an event here and tell us about your experience
3. Create a wellness plan for the month of October that incorporates healthy eating and exercise. Tell us what you plan to do and why a healthy lifestyle is important during Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
Eat healthier- that is what I’m doing. We are introducing more rice and vegetables plus taking out red meat. We have been using Chicken and Turkey a lot in our meals.
This is one of our favorite brands to cook with- al fresco!
Every time someone uses the hashtag #fightbackbetter, al fresco donates a meal to The Ellie Fund, an organization in Massachusetts that provides essential support services for breast cancer patients and their families like free meals and grocery store gift certificates.
When you share:
- Use hashtag:#fightbackbetter
- Tag @alfrescogourmet (on Instagram and Twitter)
- Tag @alfrescoallnatural (on Facebook) and
- Tag @elliefund
- Comment on here with your social shares, and we will share them too!