This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Stevita Naturals. The opinions and text are mine.
Are you planning to attend a family meal this Thanksgiving? This is the time of year when so many of us are hosting or heading out to family festivities. These festivities are usually surrounded by delicious food. If you’ve been asked to host Thanksgiving or bring a dish to a family gathering for Thanksgiving then you’ll love this pumpkin pie recipe made with Stevita.
Tips, Tricks, and Hints for Cooking with Stevita
I’m sure you’re wondering what’s the difference between sugar and stevita. While many have started to compare the two, this comparison is much like comparing honey to molasses. While stevita is sweet, it’s not as sweet as sugar.
While many people have started using Stevita Naturals in their favorite dessert recipes, much like this pumpkin pie recipe, you’ll find that stevita doesn’t brown or caramelize like sugar. Stevita also won’t work well for some baked goods as it doesn’t add the same volume and textured as refined sugars add to let’s say your favorite cake recipe. This means you’ll have to adapt some of your favorite desserts or use sugar-free recipes found on Stevita Naturals website.
Baking with Stevita
I’m excited to share a Stevita friendly recipe today that you can serve at Thanksgiving for a delightful side. Pumpkin pie has always been a staple in my family for Thanksgiving, but this year I’m making it with Stevita. I love that you can bake with Stevita without adding more calories to your Thanksgiving desserts. Stevita offers a wide variety of zero-calorie sweeteners, therefore zero guilt when you take a bit into this delicious pumpkin pie.
What can I do with Stevita Naturals?
While you can make this delicious pumpkin pie recipe to bring during your Thanksgiving feast, there are other things you can do with Stevita Naturals. Here are just a few additional ways you can sneak Stevita Naturals into your daily life, thus cutting out addictive refined sugars:
- A few drops of Stevita Naturals clear liquid or measured packets can be placed in water to add a slight flavor change to a glass of water.
- Lemon, vanilla, and other natural flavors will help add a depth of taste when using Stevita naturals in various dishes.
- Stevia Naturals extracts also work well with dairy and non-dairy products, such as cream cheese, milk, and soft cheese to add a slight taste change to your favorite treats.
If you’re looking to use Stevita Naturals to curb your refined sugar habit, then I highly recommend you do it slowly. The best way to use Stevita Naturals to curb your refined sugar addiction is to slowly sneak in some stevia with less sugar each time. Eventually, your body will naturally reduce its cravings for refined sugar and in turn, feel healthier being sugar-free.
How do I make homemade pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving?
If you’re ready to learn how to make homemade pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving, then continue reading to find my favorite pumpkin pie recipe using Stevita.
Pumpkin Pie Recipe
9 tsp Stevita
1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 can (15 oz) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
1 1/4 cups evaporated milk or half and half
2 eggs, beaten
Pie Crust – Homemade, frozen, any kind that you would like.
Heat oven to 425°F.
In a large bowl, mix filling ingredients.
Pour into the pie crust.
Bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F; bake 40 minutes longer or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool 2 hours.
Serve or refrigerate until serving time.
Store in refrigerator.
- 9 tsp Stevita
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can, 15 oz pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 1/4 cups evaporated milk or half and half
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Pie Crust
- Heat oven to 425°F. In large bowl, mix filling ingredients. Pour into pie crust.
- Bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F; bake 40 to 50 minutes longer or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool 2 hours. Serve or refrigerate until serving time. Store in refrigerator.