Car Seat Installation Tips
A properly secured car seat will be the best protection for your child during a car crash. Despite the legal requirements for having a car seat for your child, 70% of the car seats are not installed properly, and thus become the cause for major injuries and even deaths during road accidents. Here are a few car seat installation tips that you should closely follow:
While installing the car seat
- Always read the safety procedures and instruction manuals of your car seat before installing it on your car. Not every car seat will fit every car, and thus, you have to follow different methods to ensure safety.
- It is best to install the car seat on the back seat of your car
- Ensure that all that tethers and straps of the seat belt are tight and secured. Any harness, strap or the seat itself should not move more than an inch when secured.
- When installing the car seat, make sure that no twists or turns are there in the belt straps.
- Check the base of the seat, and make sure that it is perfectly at the right recline angle. Many seats come with in-built angle indicator or adjuster.
This article was written for Arrigo Dodge Chrysler Jeep Sawgrass, you can read the full article HERE!